LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 223 users in the forums

Final mock of 2014

1.Bradley Roby CB 5'11 194lbs Ohio St.
Good size. Has thin ankles and large hands. Quick-twitch athlete with prototypical speed. Can mirror off the line and shadow slot receivers. Has 38 1/2-inch vertical. Terrific balance. Loose-hipped, quick-footed and agile (4.04-second three-cone drill). Smooth transition and change of direction. Flips his hips and has ample speed to carry receivers downfield. Plants and drives in a blink. Quick-handed to play the pocket. Excellent ball production. Shows recovery speed. Physical and aggressive. Feisty, willing tackler -- does not hesitate to sacrifice his body. Displays good zone awareness and has experience in off-man. Dangerous as a blitzer and kick-block rusher.

2.Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE 6'5" 262lbs Washington
Looks the part. Has outstanding size and stature -- presents a big target and dwarfs defensive backs. Uses physicality to create separation and can post up in the red zone. Athletic -- spent time on the UW basketball team. Terrific movement skills and receiving ability for a big man. Surprising foot speed and agility -- stretches the seam. Adjusts to throws and has soft hands. Has potential to be an effective in-line blocker -- has size and core strength to seal defensive ends.

2.Lamarcus Joyner DB 5'8" 184 Florida St.
Instinctive and anticipatory. Advanced understanding from the back end -- makes subtle, pre-snap adjustments and diagnoses plays. Steps downhill quickly. Outstanding overall production in all facets. Good competitive playing speed -- runs as fast as he needs to. Very good football-playing demeanor -- confident and opportunistic. Showed up in big games and made clutch plays (see Clemson). Times up the blitz very well and plays bigger than his size. Has contributed as a gunner and displayed good short-area burst in the return game. Exceptional work ethic and leadership traits. Respected, vocal team leader with an infectious attitude that can unite a locker room. Has been extremely durable, especially given his size and playing style.

3.Cody Latimer WR 6'2" 215lbs Indiana
STRENGTHS Very good size. Shows a jab step to get into routes cleanly and is equipped to combat the jam. Can use his frame and physicality to create separation on slants and "post-up" throws (strength was evidenced by bench-pressing 225 pounds 23 times at the combine, leading all receivers and besting some linemen). Nice catch radius -- extends to snag throws off his body. Soft, dependable hands. Nice strength after the catch. Good blocker -- subdues cornerbacks, shields, stalks and sustains. Improved steadily over three years as a starter.

3.Marcus Martin C 6'3" 320lbs USC
Thick and wide-bodied. Walls off and seals defenders. Can work his hips to maneuver and seal. Athletic enough to step to the second level. Plays with his head on a swivel. Good anchor ability in pass protection -- can dig his cleats in the ground vs. big-bodied pluggers and match size with size. Three-year starter with experience at guard and center. Was a 20-year-old junior.

3.Lache Seastrunk RB 5'9" 201lbs Baylor
Quick-footed and nifty with very good competitive speed to pull away in the open field. Deceptively fast. Keeps his feet churning on contact and can elude the first tackler and power through arm tackles. Runs low to the ground with good lower-body strength. Weaves through traffic and has a knack for hitting cutback lanes. Very good run balance to stop and start. Had the best vertical jump (41 1/2 inches) and broad jump (11-2) of any back at the combine.

Trade Lamichael James for a 4th rounder

4.Howard Jones OLB 6'2" 235lbs Shepherd
Muscular build with long arms. Intriguing athleticism. Outstanding straight-line speed and leaping ability. Explosive edge burst. Displays good balance, body control and agility as a rusher. Dips inside suddenly. Closes fast and shows striking ability. Flashes power potential. Has special-teams experience. Durable four-year starter.

4.Ricardo Allen CB 5'9" 187lbs Purdue
Athletic with fluid movement skills. Plants and drives with urgency and shows good closing burst. Showed a knack for making plays, returning four of 13 career INTs for TDs. Active and energetic. Durable four-year starter. Solid personal and football character.

5.Vinnie Sunseri SS 5'11" 210lbs Alabama
Good size and big hands. Reads and reacts quickly. Assignment-sound and well-coached. Drops downhill to support the run and has experience in deep-zone coverage. Dependable wrap tackler. Good production. Vocal leader who commanded the secondary and made all the calls. Stood out on special teams as a younger player and has the makeup to be a special-teams captain in the pros.

7.Trey Millard H-back 6'2" 247lbs Oklahoma
Outstanding size. Hits with some thump and is an efficient lead blocker. Nice run skills -- shows vision, patience and subtle moves to avoid direct contact. Soft hands. Adjusts well to the ball and possesses better body control and agility than a traditional iso-lead blocking fullback. Blue-collar worker. Leads by example. Quietly competitive. Determined short-yardage runner capable of finding a crease and slamming through the line. Has a special-teams temperament (has delivered knockout shots). Solid all-around production. Versatile, lines up all over the field (fullback, tailback, in the slot) and does everything well (can run, block, catch and cover kicks). Very intelligent and football smart

7.Avery Williamson ILB 6'1 246lbs Kentucky
Good size. Plays with a good, wide base. Very productive tackler. Outstanding personal and football character -- works hard, is accountable and commands respect. Smart, understands the game and can make all the calls and on-field adjustments.

7.Mike Pennel DT 6'4 332lbs CSU-Pueblo
STRENGTHS Rare size and body mass. Looks the part with a well-distributed frame and carries his weight well for a 350-pounder. Is seldom moved off a spot. Can lock out and walk back blockers with sheer brute strength. Flashes some violence in his hands. Strong short-yardage/goal-line plugger.
like some of your pics, but not a fan of these generic player descriptions without mentioning how this particular player fits in what we do. and where will we find the positions for 12 additions to this current roster?
Lol

ASJ is a wasted pick.

Latimer might not make it out of the 1st Round
Would not be mad. Jenkins will probably be a stud. If we draft him though, it pretty much says were giving up on Mcdonald already and we wasted that second round pick from just a year ago. That'd be awesome if Latimer was there in the third, but he won't be.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Would not be mad. Jenkins will probably be a stud. If we draft him though, it pretty much says were giving up on Mcdonald already and we wasted that second round pick from just a year ago. That'd be awesome if Latimer was there in the third, but he won't be.

I think he will because teams will be wary of him.This same thing happened to Blaine Gabbert.Latimer isn't as hyped but still he has insane potential.IDK. If this will happen because teams that perennially suck make this mistake which is why they suck (I.E. Raiders)
I am probably alone on this but I would take Carr in the second or bridgewater in the first if the 49ers don't move from their position. QB is an important position and CK hasn't really locked it up yet.
Wow, solid picks man.
Honestly this is probably my favorite mock on these boards.

ASJ would be amazing on our offense, not to mention a huge red zone threat. (which we need)
Could you imagine the head aches DC would get trying to make schemes if Vernon, ASJ, Crabs, and Boldin were on the field? Scary stuff

I would still rather swap out Breeland for Joyner, and take Lamin Barrow instead of Lache... But solid mock.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Love the Roby and Seastrunk picks. WRs wise I think we will need 2 to be on the safe side instead of using 2 picks on TE and H-back. I would also like a QB in the selection and if possible my draft crush Dri Archer.
I like this mock despite not being a fan of Roby. Latimer is getting 1st round hype, not sure he'll be there in the 3rd. I love Seastrunk and Joyner. ASJ would be a mild surprise, but TE is a big part of the offense and McDonald didn't deliver last year. Martin is a nice developmental C/G prospect. Not bad.
Problem with another TE in the 2nd round is we don't throw the ball that often. Even if we put him in ahead of McDonald are we really going to target him before Vernon Davis and Crabtree and Boldin? McDonald didn't catch many passes last year because we never targeted him. Jenkins would be in the same boat. There are some games we complete 10-15 passes. Are we going to get 4-5 to Jenkins and let Davis and Crabtree and Boldin along with everyone else split up the other 6-10 catches?

Fuller's a better all-around CB, IMHO. Plus, he's got ST skills, thanks to VA Tech Coach Beamer.

Tempting as S-J is, I don't see Baalke/Harbaugh taking him. Coach has said it a lot...he sees the greatest jump in production between yrs 1-2. So, he's looking for VMac to take that leap. Instead, TB should trade up and get one of these three big, fast, productive WR's worthy of eventually replacing Crabtree: Matthews, Adams or Latimer. Agree, the latter won't last 'til rd 3.

Just a gut feeling, but think Baalke may take a bigger RB...in essence to replace Dixon. Seastrunk's good, just think TB may want to go with a bruiser.

After repeately saying he's not trading LMJ, I wonder if he really will.
Share 49ersWebzone