There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers WORST 1st Rd. Pick Ever!!!

Originally posted by jonnydel:
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000346036/best-worst-picks-for-first-32-draft-slots-over-last-10-years

Check this out - we got 3 worsts in a row, Balmer, Jenkins and Woods.....
I do disagree with the #10 slot - they put Jerrod Mayo as the best #10 pick in the past 10 years - I don't know if they've heard of another LB who was drafted in that slot - Patrick Willis........


East coast bias...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,643
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap2000000346036/best-worst-picks-for-first-32-draft-slots-over-last-10-years

Check this out - we got 3 worsts in a row, Balmer, Jenkins and Woods.....
I do disagree with the #10 slot - they put Jerrod Mayo as the best #10 pick in the past 10 years - I don't know if they've heard of another LB who was drafted in that slot - Patrick Willis........


East coast bias...

Pretty sure Willis was the 11th pick.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by jonnydel:
Let's just be thankful we never had as bad of a bust as JaMarcus Russel or Ryan Leaf.....
Rashaun Woods was awful - and I mean awful, considering he was our replacement when T.O. left when we had no talent at receiver, but still not a Jamarcus.

and none of our busts ever tried to punch out a reporter in front of the cameras like leaf. so our busts were not maniacs or drama queens, they were just bad football players
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,600 for sdaddy101269.
If you factor in everything that a first rounder encompasses I would say Alex Smith. Cost a fortune and only got 1.5 years out of him. When you miss on a QB that costs you as much as he did it sets you back and he set us back.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Yeah I wouldn't put him in the same zip code as guys like Rashaun Woods and AJ Jenkins.

I would have to put Rashaun Woods at my top spot. My main reason is because that team was TERRIBLE offensively, and was really relying on him to be the replacement for TO. He couldn't even see the field when he was competing with Cedrick Wilson, Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, and a really old Curtis Conway.
i really really think it is a dead tie between woods and jenkins,, that is why i have this uncanny fear of drafting a wide out in the first round.. i must get over that
Woods did score a touch down in a game ,Woods has receiving yards in games,so no dead heat tie with Jenkins
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Yeah I wouldn't put him in the same zip code as guys like Rashaun Woods and AJ Jenkins.

I would have to put Rashaun Woods at my top spot. My main reason is because that team was TERRIBLE offensively, and was really relying on him to be the replacement for TO. He couldn't even see the field when he was competing with Cedrick Wilson, Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, and a really old Curtis Conway.
i really really think it is a dead tie between woods and jenkins,, that is why i have this uncanny fear of drafting a wide out in the first round.. i must get over that
Woods did score a touch down in a game ,Woods has receiving yards in games,so no dead heat tie with Jenkins
ok, i must have blocked that from my memory. really? wow
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
If you factor in everything that a first rounder encompasses I would say Alex Smith. Cost a fortune and only got 1.5 years out of him. When you miss on a QB that costs you as much as he did it sets you back and he set us back.
all i will say in regards to this,,,, he had a f**kofalot of help starting with the "coaches" we had then. thats it,, no more will i get sucked into this
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for Geeked.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Kentwan Balmer. I remember I wanted them to draft Desean soooo bad. I saw him play Tennessee in the opening game of his final year at Cal and he was an absolute beast. But then they drafted Balmer and since I was like 12 I had no idea who he was and was so f**king disappointed

Don't forget the 49ers passed on Jackson TWICE!. Good ol Chilo..... I was so ticked. Chilo had ONE good year at SC, and even then, his pass blocking was horrible.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Kentwan Balmer. I remember I wanted them to draft Desean soooo bad. I saw him play Tennessee in the opening game of his final year at Cal and he was an absolute beast. But then they drafted Balmer and since I was like 12 I had no idea who he was and was so f**king disappointed

Don't forget the 49ers passed on Jackson TWICE!. Good ol Chilo..... I was so ticked. Chilo had ONE good year at SC, and even then, his pass blocking was horrible.

remember wilfork was there for us when we picked woods. good lord