There are 235 users in the forums

49ers WORST 1st Rd. Pick Ever!!!

Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
We traded back, TWICE, to draft Rashaun Woods. Thanks Terry Donahue! Worst G.M ever

So Terry Donahue voted as worst GM ever do we have a 2nd to this motion ???

Can I also 2nd this too?
Rashaun Woods. The guy couldn't crack a spot on some the worst 49er teams in the history of the franchise. His bass fishing chronicles sure were legendary though. He also started the #81 curse that lasted almost 10 years until Boldin came along.

WORST 49ers draft pick ever by a mile. Worst ever.
Oh yeah -- can't have this conversation without a mention of Mike Rumph -- the stiffest NFL cornerback of all time...
Originally posted by Existence:
Oh yeah -- can't have this conversation without a mention of Mike Rumph -- the stiffest NFL cornerback of all time...

Right, can't forget about him.

Our 1st rd picks from 02-04 under Donahue....Mike Rumph, Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods.

Trifecta.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Worst 1st round pick by 49ers ever? This one is EAZY!!!! Its Reggie McGrew. The Dude did absolutely nothing in 3 years with the 49ers. Atleast the 49ers got Baldwin for AJJ and atleast Druckenmiller started and WON his only career start for the 49ers. Oh and Balmer is a Close 2nd to McGrew. Atleast Rashaun Woods caught a TD pass in 2004.

Alligator arms.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Our 1st rd picks from 02-04 under Donahue....Mike Rumph, Kwame Harris, Rashaun Woods.

Trifecta.

Who do you think had more career penalties? Rumph for holding/PI? Or Kwame for holding/sacks given up?
Painful... memories... flooding... back!

Help me doc'. Make the bad man go away.

[ Edited by VPofCarnage on May 1, 2014 at 6:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by 5280High:
Lol those who think AJJ =

Balmer, Woods, pick any... Fact is busts who bust and the team is still successful don't mean anything. But when the team needs talent to save its life and still can't find it.. Worst ever.

Not necessarily, say if we had picked Alshon Jeffrey instead of AJ Jenkins, may be we would have won the Super Bowl in 2012 !!

And if my aunt had a dick she'd be my uncle, there are no what ifs in real life, it either happens or it doesn't. The need for AJJ to contribute was no where near the need of soooo many other draft picks to contribute. Bad pick, absolutely! But worst... not even close, doesnt even make top 3 if we are talking all time.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
We traded back, TWICE, to draft Rashaun Woods. Thanks Terry Donahue! Worst G.M ever

So Terry Donahue voted as worst GM ever do we have a 2nd to this motion ???

Can I also 2nd this too?

Nope anyone else but u
Seeing the list of all these bad 1st round picks is just plain wow!

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Trifecta.

Who do you think had more career penalties? Rumph for holding/PI? Or Kwame for holding/sacks given up?

Oh man....I feel like I'm having a brain hemorrhage just thinking about it. I'll go with Kwame ftw.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

I found this other highlight on youtube

Well he did assist on the tackle....
Niners had a lot of 1st round busts, from AJ Jenkins, Kentwan Balmer, but back in 2004 I remember we were on the phone with Will Smith and were about to pick him in the draft (I wanted Vince Wilfolk) but freakin front office thought they were being bad asses by trading back, until then picked Rashaun Woods, but i remember reading that they were trying to get mike jenkins, but dude got picked before we came up
Originally posted by CD401NINER:
Well he did assist on the tackle....

He has more pre-season assisted tackles than career catches. Awesome!
not a first rd but honorable mention Israel Ifeanyi.

Kwame Harris

Reggie McGrew

Todd Kelly
Share 49ersWebzone