LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Report: Draft could go on the road starting in 2015

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/01/report-draft-could-go-on-the-road/

I love this part of the article, cause it's so true.

Regardless of the reason, there's a sense the NFL welcomed the delay, so that it could experiment with a May draft. That experiment has been a dud. Fans despise it, players and agents don't like it, and the teams don't like it. Meanwhile, the NFL created a lull that helped the NBA expertly address an unwanted situation and become the dominant sport for the first time in a long time.
The May Draft is a terrible idea. So is taking the Draft on the road.

~ April Draft.
~ New York City. Radio City Music Hall.

This is the way of things.

Next you are going to tell me the NFL wants Super Bowls in the cold, Deion and Rice to pick the pro Bowl, don't hit high, don't hit low, don't hit too hard anywhere......
This Goddell guy continues to ruin football.
i cant say i've noticed the 2 week delay in the draft this season. i've countered it by not over consuming mass amounts of draft info out there for the past few months.
If they move it - I vote for Chicago.

More or less in the middle of the country and starting time would be better for me.

On a selfish choice, Vegas would be excellent.
I hate the May draft and i hate all these useless changes Goddell makes why not move the draft to late July and have it in China since you continue to change a already good thing Goddell.
not sold on the delayed draft day. stupid idea - considering the new players really need to get used to their teams (especially their playbooks).
Originally posted by crabman82:
i cant say i've noticed the 2 week delay in the draft this season. i've countered it by not over consuming mass amounts of draft info out there for the past few months.

COME TO LA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
COME TO LA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd make the drive down from Crapramento to see it in person! That's been a dream of mine, but I've never been to New York.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The May Draft is a terrible idea. So is taking the Draft on the road.

~ April Draft.
~ New York City. Radio City Music Hall.

This is the way of things.

Next you are going to tell me the NFL wants Super Bowls in the cold, Deion and Rice to pick the pro Bowl, don't hit high, don't hit low, don't hit too hard anywhere......
This Goddell guy continues to ruin football.

This. Once again Goodell breaking something that was in pristine condition. No reason to f**k with the draft. This extra lag time is ridiculous. The teams have had their boards set for weeks now. Lets get this s**t over with already.

• RKab
  • Veteran
I've lost most of my interest. I'm looking forward to picking it back up and crashing for the next week. But honestly even late April was too long to wait from combine until the draft. There's just so much coverage now,and its all almost solely focused on the top half of the first round and QBs. I'll skim the mock drafts and occasionally read over here in the forum but that's it for the past month or so.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Per Jason LaConfora this morning on DC radio the only people "happy" about the draft being pushed back this late are the new and inexperienced GM's who need more time. Apparently the Saints said hey their work is done and sent all their scouts and people to Vegas. He said no one is willing to speak out officially and say anything for fear of issues with the NFL who is floating the idea of the draft on May 17 next year.
Not a fan of having the Draft in May, but I wouldn't mind if it moved locations and gave people in other cities a chance to witness it. I would go if it was held in Dallas.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on May 2, 2014 at 8:40 AM ]
May draft doesn't bother me. People just love to complain about stuff. And the NBA should be dominating the NFL right know. NBA has great playoff series jumping off and the NFL isn't playing any games. The draft being on tv 2 weeks ago does nothing to change that.
TV Shows and movies have nulled my "no draft in april pains" so I'm fine with the May move. Would love to see it move around the country tho.
Share 49ersWebzone