• Veteran
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If we got two of those I'd hump my wife's leg

Yeah, If we get 2 of those, I too will hump your wife's leg

Both of you, film it... one leg each
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd cream my pants if we landed Beckham.
There's no way the front office would leak any type of information about who they want unless they do it purposely. That's why if someone is saying Beckham, that means to me anyway, that it's absolutely not Beckham.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
I am calling BS, if they trade up it is for Fuller or Dennard.

God I hope its not for Fuller.

I think a lot of people on here are missing the fact that we still have Cully and Brock. Do you think Fuller will start over either of them? Maybe Cully, but probably not.
Our real need at CB requires a very specific skill set, something Nmamdi couldn't come in and do, that person to fill that demand is Verrett.

If we trade up I hope we keep our other 1st as well.
I wouldn't mind blowing out this year and having the draft look something like WR>CB>

Something like Cooks-Verrett
Not Fuller/Dennard pairing them with Latimer or Moncrief

That's exactly what I want, Fuller/Dennard pairing them with Latimer or Moncrief. Harbaugh and Roman use a power run offense, Cooks only sees the field on 3rd and long or jumbo packages where they use a vertical WR as a decoy. I like Cooks and I think he will be special but he will be wasted in this offense. Hopefully I am wrong.

Verrett, I would be happy to see him drafted at #30, and a little disappointed if they trade up for him. If Culliver was healthy and not an idiot, he would be perfect at #30. The thing that I like about Fuller, Dennard, and Verrett, is they are all willing tacklers while good cover corners.

Personally I would rather they don't trade but Baalke highlights his players and moves up/down to get them, so I hope he is constantly trading. If I wasn't so lazy I would like to compare players Baalke trade to draft vs, players he selected at their original pick.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by CWin4949:
I honestly dont think its as far fetched as people might think. I could see Baalke giving up an early pick in next years draft to make a huge impact in this years draft.

I think everyone in the organization is on the *win it all now or else* bandwagon this year.

Ya think we can get late teens or early twenties in 1st rd for our two 2nds and LMJ (Ravens owe us/John owes Jim) ...

And How about A 3rd, our 5th and DeMarcus Dobbs for a 2nd rd (Jerry Jones is a dummy)

Also, another 3rd, our 4th and Jonathan Baldwin (any other crazies willing to trade) for another late 2nd rd....

If (a big IF) the above worked out, we would have two 1st rds, two 2nd rds.... EDIT .

The good thing for us is, if there's any GM that could work that kind of magic it's Baalke.
All we have to give up to move to 17 is our 1st and our first 3rd round pick. The value is good enough there, but if the Ravens still don't like that then something like a 5th or a couple 7ths should get the job done. I wouldn't give up any more than that.

Personally, I am not in favor of trading up in this draft. If we're sold on a guy though, I guess I'd have to trust Harbaalke. Still trading up for a receiver kind of worries me, especially with our track record of drafting receivers recently. Beckham should be good in the league though.
The more I think about it the more I think this is all smokescreen. When the 49ers drafted Reid we never had any contact with him prior to the draft. And for it to be released we are trying to trade up with the ravens could scare someone like the panthers who need a receiver desperately to offer way more in a trade to the ravens to land the trade and baalke sits back and laughs and tells Ozzie "we are even for boldin now". Then 2 picks later we trade up with the dolphins and grab our truly biggest need a corner and I hope it's verrett and the dolphins call baalke and say "thanks for taking Martin off our hands we are even now"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we want one of the better WR's or CB's we're going to have to make a move up. Because, it looks like there's going to be a run of WR's and CB's in the early 20's.
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
If we got two of those I'd hump my wife's leg

Yeah, If we get 2 of those, I too will hump your wife's leg

I hold her hair while you guys are hump her legs....

Beckham/Cooks at 17 and Verrett at 30 would be great.
Give them our 1st, LMJ, and a 3rd rounder.

Take Beckham.

Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
Give them our 1st, LMJ, and a 3rd rounder.

Take Beckham.

Exactly!
Share 49ersWebzone