LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Report: 49ers could eye Ravens' pick at No. 17

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
We jumped up almost the same amount of spots last draft for a third. I think we send them a third and a low round pick. A second is too much imo

They were also dealing with Jerruh and the Cowboys. This year they'll likely be dealing with people that aren't completely insane.
If they do make the leap its gonna be Either Dennard, ODB or Gilbert just u watch

Not really into Beckham Jr. I mean he's a good player, but he doesn't jump out at me as someone we have to move up for especially when there's plenty of other good prospects out there we could get without doing anything. You never know though.
It all depends if Beckham is their guy. If he is then it doesn't matter if there are other good prospects ... they have the chips to move up to get their guy.

We can probably do this trade for our 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th.
Originally posted by midrdan:
It all depends if Beckham is their guy. If he is then it doesn't matter if there are other good prospects ... they have the chips to move up to get their guy.

We can probably do this trade for our 1st, a 3rd, and a 6th.

Agree 100%. 49ers need to get their guy.
I would think it would cost the Niners their second 2nd rd pick to move up to #17 in the first. This isnt Dallas we are talking about here.
It's Beckham. Baalke's draft crush.
Anybody has got to be better than his last wr draft crush AJ Jenkins.
Originally posted by T-9ers:
Anybody has got to be better than his last wr draft crush AJ Jenkins.

This right here is the reason why I don't think we are going to trade up to get a WR (unless its my draft crush Cooks)

If we trade up its going to be one of these three positions
1. CB
2. D-line
3. LB
Why? The 49ers and Trent are confident in themselves and their ability to scout players. One mistake shouldn't shake your confidence and judgement when you've succeeded more often than not. I have no doubts Niners are targetting a wide receiver and it's likely odell beckham.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM ]

I saw this on NFLAM this morning as well. I think they are perfect trade partners.

MY Hopefuls:

1. Evans WR - If by some miracle he fell to #17 that would be superb. 15% Probability.
2. Gilbert CB - I still think hes the best CB. 20% Probability.
3. Beckham WR - I like him more than Cooks for us. 50% Probability.
4. Fuller CB - Solid CB who will be great for years. 60% Probability.
5. Cooks WR - Burner who can take the top off and return kicks. Probability 60%

I would be so happy with any of them.
Moving up to draft a WR like Beckham would not be ideal. The biggest reason is how much work is a 3rd WR on our roster (assuming the draft pick WR beats out Patton) going to get? Not much.

Any move up will be to grab a CB or D-line IMO. Grab a couple WR's in the 3rd-5th rounds and hope for one to stand out. we can make the playoffs running the ball 60-65% of the snaps between Kaep, Gore, Hunter, and Lattimore. (also throw in James too).
If they do indeed trade up to grab a wide receiver it's further proof that the 49ers do plan to utilize more three receivers sets. You can't keep playing every sunday with teams stacking up to 10 defenders in the box.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for Mertonschickendance.
Would you rather have Beckham or Cooks?

I think Steelers at 15 take one of them in the first....
Deep draft, lots of "extra" picks ... draft 3 WRs and 3 CBs and see which ones stick. You can't always miss right?
Share 49ersWebzone