There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If you don't like this Mock you got problems

Three trades now. I hope Harbaalke work the draft something like this on Draft Day. This is a very deep draft with a hell of a lot of talent in rounds 2-4. I don't see anyone worth trading up for in the first round and feel like we should wait on our guy or even trade back a few spots into the second round and still come away with 'our guy'. Remember we go BPA first and needs factor into that. We don't draft based off of need first. Note- I just stayed with the same position for alternative picks if the guys I have us picking aren't there.

1st Trade- Jaguars trade back into the first round to snag a quarterback. Jags give 49ers picks #39(2nd) and # 105 (4th) for pick #30 (1st).

2nd Trade- 49ers trade picks #56 (2nd) and # 105 (4th) to Vikings for pick #40 (2nd).

3rd Trade- 49ers trade picks #61 (2nd) and #94 (3rd) to the Bills for pick #41 (2nd). We now come away with back to back to back picks. That would be pretty sick.

2. 39- Jason Verrett CB TCU 5'9 189 4.38 40 yard dash- Arguably the best cover corner in the draft. Also very athletic. We are lucky and he drops a bit because of his size. Something tells me, that a lot of NFL teams are more infatuated with the bigger corners now after seeing what Seattle has done. This may cause Verrett to drop a bit. Very tough competitive player. Believe he can play on the outside or the nickel. Alternative picks- Bradley Roby, Kyle Fuller, Darqueze Dennard

2. 40- Stephon Tuitt DE Notre Dame 6'6 305 4.8 40 est. 40 yard dash- This is my draft crush. The guy is a monster. Special size and athleticism. See him as the closest thing to having JJ Watt like potential. Pass rush ability with 21.5 career sacks at Notre Dame. Tremendous strength with 31 reps on the bench while having nearly 35" arms . Justin Smith and Ray Mcdonald will have their replacements waiting in the wings with Carradine and Tuitt. Those two would make a nasty duo for years to come. Can you say nasty mother f**king pass rush? I've taken him in every single mock I've done so far this offseason and I might take him in my 2015 mocks. Hell Young2Rice was trying to see if we could get Giovanni Bernard in this draft We better draft this mother f**ker. Alternative Picks- Rashede Hageman, Dominique Easley

2. 41 Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss 6'2 221 4.40 40 yard dash- I had him in all my other mocks and many have convinced me that the need for another receiver is greater right now than a future strong safety. I think we can always groom someone like Aikens at safety if need be or wait another year to draft Bethea's replacement. It is indeed smarter to grab two guys at the wideout position in a draft this deep at receiver. Moncrief has the ability we have been looking for ina receiver. Tremendous size and speed to stretch the field. He needs to work on his hands though, that's the only thing I'm iffy about. I don't see him as a good hands catcher, but neither was T.O. He may have Josh Gordon like potential. Alternative picks- Cody Latimer, Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Kelvin Benjamin

3. 77 Bruce Ellington WR South Carolina 5'9 197 4.45 40 yard dash- We all know about Ellington. This guy is fast and quick and versatile. Exactly what we are looking for in our third receiver. Can stretch the field and work the slot. Also can be our return guy. Could very well be gone a this point so here are some Alternative picks- Robert Herron, Dri Archer

3. 100 Walt Aikens CB Liberty 6'1 205 4.38 40 yard dash (at pro day)- Really like this kid. Highly talented. Big and athletic. Another raw third round corner worked out pretty well for us recently in Culliver. Well on the field at least. Has some experience at safety as well, so can possibly be developed there too. Alternative picks- Jaylen Watkins, Pierre Desire

4. 129 Lamin Barrow ILB LSU 6'1 237 4.64 40 yard dash- Fill in for Bowman

5. 170 Aaron Lynch OLB South Florida 6'5 250 4.64 40 yard dash- Very talented. Great size and athleticism. Long arms. Just hasn't been able to put that talent all together due to apparent lack of motivation. Can develop for depth at pass rusher.

7. 242 Brandon Thomas OG Clemson 6'3 317 5.09 40 yard dash- Redshirt. Replacement for Iupati

7. 243 Trey Millard FB Oklahoma 6'2 247 - H Back type role.

7. 245 Jerrick Mckinnon RB Georgia Southern 5'9 209 4.41 40 yard dash- Crazy athletic ability. Try and develop him somewhere

We come away with a beasty ass replacement for Justin Smith,a new revamped talented secondary, a stud receiver/return man, a fill in for Bowman, some pass rushing depth,, a possible replacement for Iupati if he leaves through free agency.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM ]
I like your picks, just not the methods. With a big hole at CB, I wouldn't risk missing out on a coveted CB prospect by trading out of the first round.
Great picks, but Verrett won't be there at 39. Tuitt probably won't either
I like it. I'm a big Tuitt supporter, although I would probably take Moncrief over Bucannon.
I got problems with waiting that long for a WR. I got problems with accumulating more draft picks when the roster is already full. The Niners don't need 11 new players. They barely need 7.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
I got problems with waiting that long for a WR. I got problems with accumulating more draft picks when the roster is already full. The Niners don't need 11 new players. They barely need 7.

This.We only have a few roster spots available. Where s the center prospect?
[ Edited by Diaperfan on Apr 28, 2014 at 3:37 PM ]
I'd also argue the 49ers are not looking for a #3 WR. They are looking for a #1 or #2.
Like it
Originally posted by Diaperfan:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

This.We only have a few roster spots available. Where s the center prospect?

Well you can trade away the 7th round picks, but really what are you going to get for those
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Great picks, but Verrett won't be there at 39. Tuitt probably won't either

You can't say that. We have no idea how the draft will play out. Guys fall all the time. It's reasonable to think that Verrett could be there at 39 because of his lack of size and Tuitt could be there at 40 because of his foot injury.
I'd be pretty happy with that draft, if the 49ers came away with Verrett, Tuitt, Ellington, Millard and Barrow, I could care less whoever else they draft.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I'd be pretty happy with that draft, if the 49ers came away with Verrett, Tuitt, Ellington, Millard and Barrow, I could care less whoever else they draft.

That's what's up. I bought into your hype on Verrett, Ellington,and Millard. Really liked what I heard from you and saw when I looked more into them.
Trade back is a good idea I just do not like drafting Deone Bucannon or Bruce Ellington where you have them. I don't think they will draft Trey Millard because they already have a FB and I don't think they will carry 2 FB.
You're right; I would got problems if I had a problem with that mock.

It could be even better without Buchanon though. Otherwise, great mock!
You almost had me with this one...only thing I'd change is to substitute Desir for Aikens. Pierre's got the size and length (arms) Baalke likes so much. Especially important with the shorter, smaller Verrett already taken. Overal, great job, man.