There are 47 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OLLIE OLS 49ers MOCK w/Trades

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Your trade makes absolutely no sense. Who are we taking in the first round?

He traded away our 1st and 4th for next year's Tampa 1st.

Erm... my bad? The first sentence was confusing.

Its all good, I was confused too. Thought he traded our 1st and 4th to move up 1 spot and select Carr. Took me a couple rereads to realize he had our pick wrong and that he'd traded it to TB, for their 1st next year, along with our 4th this year.
lol...i don't know why some people feel the need to make a mock draft when it's quite obvious they have no idea what's happening.
Prince ShamBoo!
Its all good, I was confused too. Thought he traded our 1st and 4th to move up 1 spot and select Carr. Took me a couple rereads to realize he had our pick wrong and that he'd traded it to TB, for their 1st next year, along with our 4th this year.

Lol trade up 1 spot for Carr
Originally posted by 9moon:
29) Trade w/ Tampa Bay for this year's 29th overall pick and this year (2014) 4th round for Tampa Bay's 2015 First Round.

Tampa Bay select, QB - Derek Carr; Fresno State.

2 - 56) Scott McGill; CB - Utah
2 - 61) Scott Crichton; DT - Oregon State

3 - 77) Cody Latimer; WR - Indiana
3 - 94) Kyle Van Noy; OLB - BYU
3 - 100) D'Anthony Thomas; RB - Oregon

4) Traded to Tampa Bay

5 - 170) David Fales; QB - San Jose State

7 - 242) Walt Aikens; CB - Liberty
7 - 243) Jeff Janis; WR - Saginaw Valley State
7 - 245) Prince Shembo; OLB - Notre Dame

Serious question....we're you high when you posted this?
Your trade makes absolutely no sense. Who are we taking in the first round?

He traded away our 1st and 4th for next year's Tampa 1st.

Erm... my bad? The first sentence was confusing.

I was confused at first too. I was like where the f**k did our first round pick go? Thought we traded it for nothing. Lol at the 29th overall pick and Scott Mcgill. Latimer in the 3rd would be nice, but it will never happen.
Ever hear of time value of money? Basically means that 20 dollars today is worth more than 20 dollars tomorrow. Same thought goes into trading picks for picks next year. A first rounder this year > first rounder next year. No way we would give up another pick as well.
Love when dudes make mocks and can't even come in to defend it or their thinking behind any of it.
sorry bro this is BAD
Originally posted by cory4903:
Ever hear of time value of money? Basically means that 20 dollars today is worth more than 20 dollars tomorrow. Same thought goes into trading picks for picks next year. A first rounder this year > first rounder next year. No way we would give up another pick as well.

lol I was going to correct you and say we were getting the 4th round pick but then I read his post again...unreal.
Nix that trade...it'd never happen, anyway. With their 1st pick I can see Baalke going in a variety of ways, but I'll say CB Kyle Fuller. Or, I can see him trading out of the #30 for something higher than a 4th rd pick. Could be a WR...many to consider among Latimer, Matthews, Adams and others. I like Matthews a lot, but both Latimer and Adams also played basketball and you can see that in their leaping abilities.

If Baalke goes CB in 1st rd, great spot to get the WR he and Harbaugh like the best. 2nd rd's likely too early for McGill (Keith, you just were in the "Scott" mode :>)

Chrichton's projected as a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4. Good spot to get a pass rusher...would love Marcus Smith if still on the board. Or another CB.

Agree, Latimer's likely long gone by pick 77...but it he was there, sure, why not. If Baalke goes big WR early, might be a good spot for Ellington, a very quick slot receiver who also has excellent KR skills.

Ellington would be more valuable than Thomas as a slot receiver and a KR...he's stout. Maybe ILB Skov?

By not making that trade, use the 4th rd pick to grab Fales, whose stock is rising, at least in Harbaugh's mind.

I like Van Noy as a player, but I just don't see him in a Niner uniform. Maybe S Ahmad Dixon.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Dear Ollie Oll,

Please, do NOT let the comments get you down. you don't have to contemplate leaving this site to never return again (not even under a new username). Just "pick yourself up and try again"... you know, like the song. Make another mock draft, we know you can do it

PS: we forgive you... please come back.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Nix that trade...it'd never happen, anyway. With their 1st pick I can see Baalke going in a variety of ways, but I'll say CB Kyle Fuller. Or, I can see him trading out of the #30 for something higher than a 4th rd pick. Could be a WR...many to consider among Latimer, Matthews, Adams and others. I like Matthews a lot, but both Latimer and Adams also played basketball and you can see that in their leaping abilities.

If Baalke goes CB in 1st rd, great spot to get the WR he and Harbaugh like the best. 2nd rd's likely too early for McGill (Keith, you just were in the "Scott" mode :>)

Chrichton's projected as a 4-3 DE, not a 3-4. Good spot to get a pass rusher...would love Marcus Smith if still on the board. Or another CB.

Agree, Latimer's likely long gone by pick 77...but it he was there, sure, why not. If Baalke goes big WR early, might be a good spot for Ellington, a very quick slot receiver who also has excellent KR skills.

Ellington would be more valuable than Thomas as a slot receiver and a KR...he's stout. Maybe ILB Skov?

By not making that trade, use the 4th rd pick to grab Fales, whose stock is rising, at least in Harbaugh's mind.

I like Van Noy as a player, but I just don't see him in a Niner uniform. Maybe S Ahmad Dixon.
You realize Jordan Matthews played basketball too, right? Helped lead his team to a state title, and 2 runner up finishes along with Kerron Johnson (2009 Alabama Mr. Basketball, beating out Eric Bledsoe) who played basketball for Belmont. Had 20 points, 16 boards in championship game they lost.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Originally posted by 9moon:
2 - 56) Scott McGill; CB - Utah

Scott? You mean Keith McGill?

I would let the boo's fly if the Niners drafted him in the 2nd round.

well to befair McGill shouldn't play the slot, he is a outside man. But damn I would love to see Brandon cooks do this to Richard Sherman all day
As mocks go, this one would leave me suicidal.

Baalke would be fired on May 11th if it went down like this.