LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

The .008 Mock Draft

Originally posted by Scoots:
You are drafting 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 DL ... I can see 2 WR making the team not 3, but I don't see 2 DL making the team and 2 RBs? I like the players though.

Well put. Especially the 2 RB's.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
Have to strongly disagree with this one. I don't like him even a little bit.

I'm starting to think we think alike. I'd have Ed Reynolds as my #3 S and he'll probably be available in the 5th.
Originally posted by WINiner:
My best draft, no trades got me

4989 points
Round 1 Pick 30: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 24: Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 30: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 5 Pick 30: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (B)
Round 7 Pick 27: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B-)
Round 7 Pick 28: Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall (B+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State (B+)

I like this mock! Change the Bucannon pick for another CB and I give it a B+
Good draft but I find it interesting that we've only met with Cody Latimer and Aaron Colvin on your picks.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Originally posted by Scoots:
You are drafting 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 DL ... I can see 2 WR making the team not 3, but I don't see 2 DL making the team and 2 RBs? I like the players though.

Well put. Especially the 2 RB's.

Guys, just like put in the disclaimer. I came up with this mock by playing the draft simulator at first-pick.com . The site scores you by the value picks you make, not by drafting a Center because the 49ers need one. By no means do I think the niners will chose these players. All I'm saying is that I was playing yesterday and this draft gave me the highest score.

The highest 49er score I've seen was in the low 6,000's and this draft gave me a score of 5,581.

These are my three highest scores:

1. 49ers 5581 4/28/2014
2. 49ers 5382 4/28/2014
3. 49ers 5140 4/27/2014
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Guys, just like put in the disclaimer. I came up with this mock by playing the draft simulator at first-pick.com . The site scores you by the value picks you make, not by drafting a Center because the 49ers need one. By no means do I think the niners will chose these players. All I'm saying is that I was playing yesterday and this draft gave me the highest score.

The highest 49er score I've seen was in the low 6,000's and this draft gave me a score of 5,581.

These are my three highest scores:

1. 49ers 5581 4/28/2014
2. 49ers 5382 4/28/2014
3. 49ers 5140 4/27/2014

We rarely (almost never) keep more than seven d-linemen on the roster. Right now we have . . .

1. Justin Smith
2. Ray McDonald
3. Tank Carradine
4. Ian Williams
5. Glenn Dorsey
6. Quinton Dial
7. Tony Jerod-Eddie
8. Demarcus Dobbs

I think Dobbs is dead-man walking already, but even so if we add two d-linemen with high picks we're going to be pushing some talented two-player combo of Dial, TJE, Dorsey or McDonald off the roster.

I think this is one year too early to begin a D-Line make-over.

In my view we're already adding three young quality linemen in Williams, Carradine and Dial, none of which played significant snaps in 2013. This is our youth infusion. We can build on that in the 2015 draft . . . and maybe with one DL pick this year.
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:18 PM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
Round 5 Pick 30: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (B)

Michael Sam cannot play OLB. He's too slow. He's purely a 4-3 guy. At best he's an Alex Brown.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:30 PM ]
I would s**t my pants if this was our draft haul.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I would s**t my pants if this was our draft haul.

So would the Seahawks' coaching staff. Roby should be a top 10 pick. It'd be stealing to get him at 30.

I'd opt for Fuller over Roby...for his consistency and his ST's skills. He also has almost 33" arms, something Baalke's looking for.

Not sure about taking 2 DL that early...one, maybe Tuitt, I can see Baalke doing. DL has plenty of depth. I'd take another top CB or WR instead. Or maybe an OLB like Marcus Smith

Kinda agree, don't see Latimer lasting 'til pick 94. I'd take Matthews early and Ellington later to get Crabtree's replacement and a quick, but sturdy slot receiver/KR.

You picked a lot of good players...so I give you props for that. Thank God the draft's getting close...so we can see just what Baalke will do...should be exciting.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Good draft but I find it interesting that we've only met with Cody Latimer and Aaron Colvin on your picks.

49ers met with Watkins at the combine to talk about Martavis ... that's close to a personal meeting :)
not bad at all
Share 49ersWebzone