There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The .008 Mock Draft

So I was messing with the First-pick Mock Simulator at work today and this was the best draft / highest score I got all day... what do yall think? Personally this would be awesome.

Disclaimer: I know a couple picks are a little farfetched but that's just how the simulation played out. Bear with me. Only reason I took Roby was bc Fuller was gone. But still pretty awesome.

Round 1 Pick 30: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 24: Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame (A)

Round 2 Pick 29: DaQuan Jones, DT, Penn State (B+)

Round 3 Pick 13: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)

Round 3 Pick 30: Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana (A) Round 3

Pick 36 (COMP): Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU (A)

Round 4 Pick 29: Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)

Round 5 Pick 30: Aaron Murray, QB, Georgia (A)

Round 7 Pick 27: Matt Hazel, WR, Coastal Carolina (A)

Round 7 Pick 28: Aaron Colvin, CB, Oklahoma (B)

Round 7 Pick 30: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B)

I love the first 2 picks almost as much as I love the title to your thread. Well done.

Oh, but I'd give Roby at 30 an A+. I'd give Roby at 20 an A+.
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM ]
I don't know a ton about where guys will go , but from what I've seen, there is no way Latimer lasts til the 3rd. He may go in the 1st. I would like this mock though, as long as Roby pans out
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 27, 2014 at 8:28 PM ]
A very good list of promising players but almost all of these players will not be there at respective spot.
That is a pretty good mock. Love the Roby and Seastrunk picks. Not sure whether we want to draft a DT now though. I am also not sure whether Cody Latimer will last till the 3rd neither and I am not keen on the Jarvis Landry pick. I feel like we will have to take a WR in the 2nd at least, like a Martavis Bryant or Paul Richardson. I doubt we will pick 2 RBs, but if we did, definitely not De'Anthony Thomas, for me it will have to be Dri Archer. But, I am pretty sure Dri Archer will be long gone by the 7th, I believe he will go in the 3rd. If I could only have 1 RB, I will have to go with Dri Archer simply for his sheer speed and explosiveness plus he can kill it in the return game. The guy is a change of pace impact playmaking type player who could be subbed in in the running as well as passing game. Last but not least, for the QB pick, I am going throw a less popular name into the mix, like Aaron Murry, another 6' QB only this guy has a much bigger arm, Connor Shaw of South Carolina. This is a big play QB, tough and tenacious.
You are drafting 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 DL ... I can see 2 WR making the team not 3, but I don't see 2 DL making the team and 2 RBs? I like the players though.
The way the simulator works, and also the reason it's fun, it grades you and scores you based on the value of the pick, not the need. The way to get a high score is to land players that should've gone earlier. For example, I got an A for getting Landry in the 3rd, but had I chosen him with my 1st overall they would have given me a B-
Originally posted by Scoots:
You are drafting 3 WRs, 2 RBs, and 2 DL ... I can see 2 WR making the team not 3, but I don't see 2 DL making the team and 2 RBs? I like the players though.

I think the roster has room for 2 DL because I don't think Dial or Jerod-Eddie are locks to make the team.

They'll probably keep... what... 7 DL? Maybe 8? Ray, Dorsey, JSmith, Ian Wiliams & Tank will make the team. The rest is up for grabs IMO. That's 2 or 3 spots between TJE, Dial, Okoye & whoever gets drafted.

In fact, I'd love it if the Niners drafted Louis Nix & traded Ian Williams. I think Dosey > Williams. But Dorsey is in a contract year.

Maybe add Kareem Martin in the 3rd? Tank 2.0???
[ Edited by VPofCarnage on Apr 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I don't know a ton about where guys will go , but from what I've seen, there is no way Latimer lasts til the 3rd. He may go in the 1st. I would like this mock though, as long as Roby pans out

Yeah I agree, the hype machine (whether it is valid or not) is huge on Latimer right now...I think he will be gone by half way through the second.
[ Edited by BringBackTO on Apr 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM ]
I absolutely love Kareem Martin.

I think it's possible a rookie could win a roster spot at any position including QB ... I just don't think it's likely :)

I remember Baalke saying in 2012 that he didn't draft a DL because he didn't see any he liked better than what he had on the roster already and the 49ers have been fairly vocal about their love for Dial and TJE. The tough part is that next year Smith and Dorsey and McDonald may be gone and they'll need those extra guys. Maybe the draft picks can get hang nails and go on IR for the season.
roby sucks...all physical talent and cant put it together. high bust potential

2 D-lineman in the 2nd? would rather go for OLB

i like deone bucannon. good developmental project

dont think latimer will last that long but love the landry pick
Originally posted by Scoots:
I absolutely love Kareem Martin.

I think it's possible a rookie could win a roster spot at any position including QB ... I just don't think it's likely :)

I remember Baalke saying in 2012 that he didn't draft a DL because he didn't see any he liked better than what he had on the roster already and the 49ers have been fairly vocal about their love for Dial and TJE. The tough part is that next year Smith and Dorsey and McDonald may be gone and they'll need those extra guys. Maybe the draft picks can get hang nails and go on IR for the season.

Big UNC fan, I'm telling you Kareem Martin will not be a good NFL player. Maybe a decent backup, not a starter. He's very inconsist
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
i like deone bucannon. good developmental project

Have to strongly disagree with this one. I don't like him even a little bit.
My best draft, no trades got me

4989 points
Round 1 Pick 30: Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 24: Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech (B+)
Round 2 Pick 29: Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Deone Bucannon, SS, Washington State (A)
Round 3 Pick 30: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 36 (COMP): Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson (A)
Round 4 Pick 29: Lache Seastrunk, RB, Baylor (A)
Round 5 Pick 30: Michael Sam, DE, Missouri (B)
Round 7 Pick 27: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (B-)
Round 7 Pick 28: Gator Hoskins, FB, Marshall (B+)
Round 7 Pick 30: Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State (B+)
I do not mind Bradley Roby, but i still like the thought of Jason Verrett playing nickel-corner in 3-man corner schemes. The guy vert jumps 39" and i understand he is 5'9, maybe 5'10 on Sundays (haha). But, the guy can cover super well. Just imagine Brock, Culliver, and Verrett as the 3 cornerbacks..you have good athleticism all around and Brock is really starting to show his stripes. Culliver was solid and i would argue better than Tarell Brown being a second-cornerback. Add Verrett and this defensive line will allow Verrett's quickness to lockdown slot corners coming his way. Roby is good and all, but he does have some knocks on him such as his quick hitting route vulnerability and his hip movement which is decent at best.