LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 203 users in the forums

49ers Targeting Mike Evans?

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CWin4949:
This is a joke right?

Evans has size, but lacks in technique. His fundamentals are not pro-ready. Lee is the much better all-around prospect.
Originally posted by kray28:
This is a joke right?

Evans has size, but lacks in technique. His fundamentals are not pro-ready. Lee is the much better all-around prospect.

Sure, in the late 2nd round, early 3rd range....

For Marqise Lee? No way. I'd put Benjamin in that range, but not Lee. He's a 1st round talent. His movement skills are too great to fall that far.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

For Marqise Lee? No way. I'd put Benjamin in that range, but not Lee. He's a 1st round talent. His movement skills are too great to fall that far.

I'm speaking in reference to trading up for Lee. If we're trading up it's for Beckham Jr or Cooks, not Lee not Evans.
I'm speaking in reference to trading up for Lee. If we're trading up it's for Beckham Jr or Cooks, not Lee not Evans.

Ahh I see. In that case, I would probably agree. Lee won't necessitate trading up for, decent chance he'll be there at #30. Evans we'd have to trade too far up for, and he's not worth it. Beckham and Cooks are in that perfect late teens, early 20's range. Won't have to give up much to trade up and secure a gamebreaking WR.
The team is sniffing around for a WR for sure. The leap to 5 would cost a crazy amount, and I don't think the Raiders want to bypass a much more sure thing at 5 to drop down that far.
I'd love to get Evans. As I've said before, I like him more than Watkins and think he'll be better as a rookie and have a better career on the right team. I think it will cost too much to move up to get him though and would rather move up to #20 or so and get Cooks who I have a massive draftboner for.

I also think with all the interest in WR's this offseason and bringing in Lloyd it shows the coaches are determined to use more multi-receiver sets. I wouldn't be surprised to see more 4 WR sets this year than the last three combined.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 26, 2014 at 8:31 PM ]
all this talk about WRs in the first round is to throw off everyone else, they are going CB in the first round.....definitely need a #1 CB
Any trade takes 2 too tango, and as TD semi alluded to in his latest interview, and I over paraphrase, Assuming both teams have the parameters of a deals already in place first,then the team your trading up to needs to "not have the player it wants at their pick" to be ready and willing to make a trade in the first place. In other words,their guy was not there. Also your guy has to be there for your team to pull the trigger. Those 2 moving parts make for a lot of variable's. My guess is if their is any truth at all in this rumor is that the raiders would not be taking Lanny W.if he drops to them and let the Niners grab him for a pas-ell of picks....but the draft is finally getting close and the Smoke Generators are really stating to fire up.
Originally posted by 60sFan:
The only guy Baalke is moving up for is, Beckham. Guarantee, that is his crush.

Ummm, who doesn't have a man crush on David Beckham? That's beside the point. We're talking football here though. Lol

Just a smokescreen, nothing more.
DO IT!!!!!!

Harbaugh has a man crush on Evans
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Apr 26, 2014 at 10:18 PM ]
This draft is so deep on wide receivers, Baalke would be smart to trade down for future picks in 2015 draft so we can keep our stock strong as usual. Evans is a dynamic player, but we need to address the shifty slot receiver such as a brandin cooks or paul richardson who are fast players and can make corners miss on open-field plays. Our system is bred on the running-style offense with Gore, but Kaepernick has a cannon of an arm and he should be getting at least 3,000+ yards a season with Crabs, Boldin, Davis, Patton, McDonald, and heck, even Bruce Miller and Frank Gore from the backfield.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by 60sFan:
The only guy Baalke is moving up for is, Beckham. Guarantee, that is his crush.

Ummm, who doesn't have a man crush on David Beckham? That's beside the point. We're talking football here though. Lol

now you re making me want to go home and bend it
Originally posted by GORO:
Last year it was reported the 49ers wanted to move up and take Sheldon Richardson, instead it was Eric Reid they traded up for and not earlier in the round like rumored. Baalke drafts for need in the early rounds so if they do move up it will be for Justin Gilbert or another Corner back they really like.

may be they tried to get richardson but couldn't get up that high
Share 49ersWebzone