There are 145 users in the forums

49ers Targeting Mike Evans?

Evans is a stud but I don't see us moving all the way up into the top 10 to 15 to grab him. The guy I think we are REALLY targeting? Beckham!!!!!! Sure we'd have to trade up but not quite as far.
Originally posted by pete98146:
Evans is a stud but I don't see us moving all the way up into the top 10 to 15 to grab him. The guy I think we are REALLY targeting? Beckham!!!!!! Sure we'd have to trade up but not quite as far.

I agree. He offers so much, at a lower price.
I'd be happy if the 49ers added Evans, but Evans AND Benjamin ... that would be crazy.

SixtyMins ... you think the 49ers are going to keep 10 OL this year? Only 3 RBs (where is LMJ or draft pick)? No long snapper? 6 WRs and only 4 CBs?
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I agree. He offers so much, at a lower price.

This team is in dire need of SPEED at the WR spot. Beckham would be a great replacement for Crabtree plus he'd be able to help our return game immediately. He just makes too much sense.
Originally posted by Scoots:
I'd be happy if the 49ers added Evans, but Evans AND Benjamin ... that would be crazy.

SixtyMins ... you think the 49ers are going to keep 10 OL this year? Only 3 RBs (where is LMJ or draft pick)? No long snapper? 6 WRs and only 4 CBs?

You know what I forget about the long snapper, (47), I can see us only keeping 3 RB as we will be passing more this season so the extra WR will be needed, As for the cornerback (48)we can add a fifth but I see the loser out of the Cox/Wright/Cooks (fighting it out for the two CB slots) not another rookie, so CB will be Brock, Cully, (Cox/Wright/Cook) for two slots and (draft pick)..........that would make 48 of 53 that does not leave much in the draft

I'd be very very happy with Beckham Jr!!! Kid is a freakn stud! A Gamer
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre

[1of2] I still put 0 stock in Manziel/Dallas, Atl-trade-to-1 BUT 49ers trade up is very real. Mike Evans is obvious target. SF did

[2of2] extensive homework on 2 other big WR (Bryant, Latimer). Crabtree final year, SF needs big WR v Seattle CBs. SF has 6 picks in top 100
[ Edited by Jcool on Apr 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM ]
Originally posted by wailers15:

I'd be very very happy with Beckham Jr!!! Kid is a freakn stud! A Gamer
This!! He would open the field....could you imagine him and Davis on the field at the same time! No more 8 in the box, and we would finally have the right personal for 3 WR sets, Baalkee make it happen!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason McIntyre ‏@jasonrmcintyre

[1of2] I still put 0 stock in Manziel/Dallas, Atl-trade-to-1 BUT 49ers trade up is very real. Mike Evans is obvious target. SF did

[2of2] extensive homework on 2 other big WR (Bryant, Latimer). Crabtree final year, SF needs big WR v Seattle CBs. SF has 6 picks in top 100

I'd love to get Evans, just don't think we're gonna give up so much to get him. The draft is pretty deep.
There are certain guys you can just look at and tell they will be great pro players. Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Greg Robinson, and Kahlil Mack are the guys from this draft that pass that eye test without any doubts, imo.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
There are certain guys you can just look at and tell they will be great pro players. Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Greg Robinson, and Kahlil Mack are the guys from this draft that pass that eye test without any doubts, imo.

I'd love a Mike Evans for this offense. Now he's not a 4.4 blazer, but a guy this big and tall and with a 37 inch vertical shouldn't move this fast. 4.53/40 isn't going to back off the top cornerbacks in the NFL, but it will back off a majority. Those that have the speed to keep up with Mike usually don't have the height or the verticals. Wow! considering he is a big guy that the 49ers like in their WR's, I can see them give up a good chunk of draft capital to get him if they can. Basically kill two birds with one stone - a guy that can stretch the field and a big guy that can possibly be a great downfield blocker and ball control receiver too.
I think the following article sums up some of my thoughts nicely:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/6812/49ers-could-face-dilemma-at-no-30

McShay (and Williamson!) make a good point. The idea is that if we want any of the top WR's, we may have to trade up fairly high to get him, because we might not have a trade partner later in the draft.

Hypothetically, if the choice is between trading up to 10 for ODB or 5 for Mike Evans, which would you do?
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I think the following article sums up some of my thoughts nicely:

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/6812/49ers-could-face-dilemma-at-no-30

McShay (and Williamson!) make a good point. The idea is that if we want any of the top WR's, we may have to trade up fairly high to get him, because we might not have a trade partner later in the draft.

Hypothetically, if the choice is between trading up to 10 for ODB or 5 for Mike Evans, which would you do?
I would rather have Evans, but I feel that top 5 is just too much. ODB should be around at 15, The Niners need to be ahead of the Jets, Ravens, and Philly. I think if we could throw another trade with Dallas at 16 we might be able to pull it off
is their purported infatuation with evans a reaction to going against seattles big dbs?
Calm Down Draftniks,I'm telling you now, there is NO WAY all these WRs will be gone by pick 30. If the 49ers really want Latimer, they should stand pat at #30 and if Latimer is gone, then take the best remaing CB or DE Tuitt. I actually think the 49ers are sitting pretty, but if Watkins somehow fell to #5, I'd be willing to give up #30,#56,#94 and a 2nd next year for WR Sammy Watkins. Watkins would be the ONLY WR I'd trade up for.
Share 49ersWebzone