There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers Targeting Mike Evans?

@evansilva ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."

@evansilva On NFL Insiders, Mort again talked about possibility of #49ers trade up for Mike Evans. "Buzz inside league circles that you keep hearing."

@evansilva Chris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.

Thoughts, Faithful?
[ Edited by JD81 on Apr 26, 2014 at 9:37 AM ]
I would say there is zero chance the Niners would move all the way up to 5. It would cost a fortune and Evans isnt worth that
Personally I rather not and just stay put as we do have quite a few needs to take care of, not to mention this draft is very deep for WRs. But, for some reason if Baalke decides to go all out then Mike Evans is the only guy in the draft I would trade up that high for.
If he's still around 10-15, I'd pull the trigger. We have enough picks to do it and he could be the big red zone threat we NEED.
I have a feeling it's a smokescreen...We spent the entire offseason trying to land a speedster and being unable to do so.

If we don't move up for Watkins/Evans, give me ODB.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
If he's still around 10-15, I'd pull the trigger. We have enough picks to do it and he could be the big red zone threat we NEED.

first i'll see it to believe it. i've heard of too many speculations this year that i'm going to wear the jaded cap on this one and ignore it till it becomes a reality. secondly, i think at this point if the niners feel like they need to target someone, they should just go ahead and do whatever is necessary to get that player. whats the point in hoarding picks and dumping them before they make the opening day roster.
lastly, (sadly) they should check w/ Roman to see if he really knows how to use that player and only pick people he promises to use. i'm tired of him and CK not being able to figure out how to use their weapons.
get the one or two players you think you need to win the super bowl. glad i dont have that job.
I doubt they do that. The will probably stay put or trade up a little. But not super high.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Won't happen. Every year one of these smokescreens comes from our camp.
Originally posted by JD81:
�#143;@evansilva ESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."

@evansilva On NFL Insiders, Mort again talked about possibility of #49ers trade up for Mike Evans. "Buzz inside league circles that you keep hearing."

@evansilva Chris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.

Thoughts, Faithful?

Mortensen gets paid to "hear" these things. I don't believe it.
  • RKab
  • Veteran
Smokescreen.

Though I like Evans more than anyone else so I wouldn't hate a trade up. The analysis of the "best depth in a long time" for this draft may allow the team to move up much higher while using less ammo. In that regard, it may be worth striking.

Someone like the Raiders should be very willing to trade down and stockpile picks.
The only guy Baalke is moving up for is, Beckham. Guarantee, that is his crush.
Originally posted by JD81:
I have a feeling it's a smokescreen...We spent the entire offseason trying to land a speedster and being unable to do so.

If we don't move up for Watkins/Evans, give me ODB.

I'm all or that because ODB is better than Mike Evans.
Already posted in at least two other threads...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
IMO I think they will be a player in the 1st round but I don't think it's for Mike Evans. I like Mortensen no doubt he's got solid connections in the league, but I just don't think anyone knows besides Baalke and Harbaugh who their 1st pick will be or who they're targeting. Harbaugh wouldn't even tell his dad who they were targeting when they drafted Kaepernick or was it Eric Reid??

Plus why would you/they put all their eggs in one basket when this draft is WR deep, IMO. And I also think Cody Latimer will be someone they trade up for in the beginning of the 2nd round, he's got everything they are looking for, deep speed, size 6'2" 215 lbs, hands the only thing i think he's lacking is route running.

Sorry I'm just not buying it, for those that have kept a close eye on Baalke's draft knows he's not gonna show his cards that easy, am I wrong??
Evans doesn't fit with what we need. Niners are targeting a shifty slot receiver, which can easily be had in the second round. If we trade up in top 15 you can bet its for a CB. Hopefully for Gilbert.