2-56. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

3-94. Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S, Florida State

3-100. Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas

4-129. Dri Archer, WR/RB, Kent State

5-170. Ron Powell, OLB, Florida

7-242. Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma

7-243. Caleb Lavey, ILB, Oklahoma State

7-245. Michael Sam, OLB, Missouri
Ouch. 4 picks for gilbert? I could see making a move on him for a 1st and a 2nd but 4 picks seems a bit too high.
Gilbert isn't the best corner in this draft so if we make a move up it should be for Dennard. I'd gladly take Gilbert but not if Dennard is on the board.
I also think you're reaching with Moncrief(maybe) and Joyner(no way) being where you have them going. Probably Dri Archer as well.
All good players - for sure!

I don't see Trent trading that much for Gilbert.

Also, I don't see us taking Sam. WAYYYYYYY too much controversy which Trent will try to avoid.

We have enough drama already.

If we picked him it would be an invitation for every TV, Radio, reality show scumbags to wreak havoc in our locker room, practice and games.

There would never be a quiet moment for the players.
[ Edited by LasVegasWally on Apr 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM ]
Originally posted by genus49:
I also think you're reaching with Moncrief(maybe) and Joyner(no way) being where you have them going. Probably Dri Archer as well.

I agree - I don't think any of those players will be there where you are selecting them.

Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Ouch. 4 picks for gilbert? I could see making a move on him for a 1st and a 2nd but 4 picks seems a bit too high.

We aren't getting close to the 9th pick for a late first and late 2nd round pick, but I would want to be getting Evans if we trade up that high. I wouldn't mind a first and second for Gilbert but he would have to drop to the teens probably.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Apr 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM ]
I love that mock, but Lamarcus Joyner at 94? That's a bit of wishful thinking IMO.

There is a ton of talent at both WR and CB this draft. Somebody has to slide. I could go Jaylen Watkins at CB and Bruce Ellington at WR if you prefer. I just like Moncrief and Joyner a little more.
[ Edited by theninermaniac on Apr 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM ]
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
DRAFT PICKS
1-30
2-56
2-61
3-77
3-94
3-100
4-129
5-170
7-242
7-243
7-245

MOCK

trade 1-30 + 2-61 + 3-77 + 2015 4th round for BILLS 1-9

1-9. Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

2-56. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss

3-94. Lamarcus Joyner, CB/S, Florida State

3-100. Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas

4-129. Dri Archer, WR/RB, Kent State

5-170. Ron Powell, OLB, Florida

7-242. Jalen Saunders, WR, Oklahoma

7-243. Caleb Lavey, ILB, Oklahoma State

7-245. Michael Sam, OLB, Missouri

No thnx.
Originally posted by CWin4949:
No thnx.

Agreed. Any team that runs a 3-4 and drafts Michael Sam is nuts. Sam is strictly a 4-3 guy.

I would be down with the first three pics, the only thing is taking both Archer and Saunders seems kind of redundant to me .

Technically its 3 picks bc the 1st rounders just get swapped, but still not a fan of this.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I like the first two picks, a lot , but (Joyner/Archer/Saunders). We already got K. Hunter, LMJ, D. Morris, T. Brock, E. Wright (all 5'10 and under)... we aren't trying to play pee wee football this season.

ALSO, Where is M. Sam gonna take showers? It might be a blood bath with Cully in the house. .
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I agree - I don't think any of those players will be there where you are selecting them.

We aren't getting close to the 9th pick for a late first and late 2nd round pick, but I would want to be getting Evans if we trade up that high. I wouldn't mind a first and second for Gilbert but he would have to drop to the teens probably.

If we are trading up inside the top ten I might like to go after Clowney. He gives us insurance in case Aldon Smith goes Haley on us and if Smith doesn't imagine Clowney rushing from the opposite side of Smith With McDonald and Justin Smith and Tank Carradine coming up the middle.

Otherwise wait until the teens and see if someone like Gilbert or Evans is still on the board if you want to trade up.
Love that players you drafted but trading away 3 picks for Gilbert is a big reach for me.
Share 49ersWebzone