There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ryan Shazier

#24 on both MadDog's and AB's Big Boards. 4.36 40, best vertical jump and best broad jump among linebackers at combine. Helps fill the holes for Aldon's probable suspension and NaVorro's recovery. Should be within reach for us to move up in the last 1/3 of the first round. CBs will be available in the second round and receivers will be available in the late second and third rounds (though I would also move up to early second round for Tuitt).
He's a stud for sure and one of my favorite players in the draft. I don't see us drafting another ILB in the 1st though. If we draft one early, Borland is my choice. He'll probably cost us a 2nd though.
Dude is a freak. No way we're drafting him though. Likely a first round pick. No way we're spending a pick that high on a guy to fill in for Bowman. Don't see him playing OLB in a 3-4.
Not going to be on the board at 30. Would have to be a guy the team projects to replace Willis or Bowman long term, which is highly unlikely.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not going to be on the board at 30. Would have to be a guy the team projects to replace Willis or Bowman long term, which is highly unlikely.

Agree with this completely. Only way they would consider this is if Bowman wasn't going to be able to return to his playing form & the 49ers were planning on moving on. Which I don't see happening.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

This.
Christ...a LB with 4.36 speed!?!?!! That's insane. Lavonte David on steroids. I'm looking at the Cowboys as a likely destination.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Christ...a LB with 4.36 speed!?!?!! That's insane. Lavonte David on steroids. I'm looking at the Cowboys as a likely destination.

Dallas needs help moreso on the front and back ends of the defense but Shazier could fill a role at SLB and provide insurance for Lee. Ultimately I think Dallas wants to move back and add more picks unless someone like Barr or HCD slips to them. I think Shazier could end up with Miami.