LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

30th Pick: Whoa! Both Brandin Cooks and AND Jason Verrett are available. What do you do?

30th Pick: Whoa! Both Brandin Cooks and AND Jason Verrett are available. What do you do?

What are you going to do?

He won't be there, but Cooks without question.
Originally posted by VPofCarnage:
He won't be there, but Cooks without question.

Agreed
Is it me or does Cooks doesn't really look all that fast on tape? I haven't a single play where's taken he's taken a bomb to the house. I know he was one of the fastest at the combine, but his game speed isn't all that impressive to me.
Take either, then trade back up using a 2nd, 3rd and 5th to get the other
Originally posted by Timdiz:
Is it me or does Cooks doesn't really look all that fast on tape? I haven't a single play where's taken he's taken a bomb to the house. I know he was one of the fastest at the combine, but his game speed isn't all that impressive to me.

Combine = 4.33.

Game speed = 4.50.

Totally overrated guy.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Neither. CB wise, I would take Roby and Gilbert before Verrett. WR wise, Brandon Cooks isn't even one of my picks.

I have no idea how to vote for the poll cos if either Roby or Gilbert is there at 30th, I would take either one of them. To be more precise, if we don't draft Dri Archer, it could sway me more towards Gilbert cos he can return kicks. But, my guess is Gilbert will be long gone, so it all depends who will still be available. But, if Roby is also gone, then I would probably take Verrett at 30th, it would be a close call between him and Dennard. Verrett is faster and Dennard is more physical, a very tough call, I may need to look at more film on them before I am sure.
Verrett. The drop from him to the other corners is much more than Cooks to the other receivers imo. I like Cooks but everyone here is acting like he's Calvin Johnson's mini me.

I'll take Verrett then a big receiver in the 2nd and Bruce Ellington in the 3rd for slot/return duty.
Originally posted by genus49:
Verrett. The drop from him to the other corners is much more than Cooks to the other receivers imo. I like Cooks but everyone here is acting like he's Calvin Johnson's mini me.

I'll take Verrett then a big receiver in the 2nd and Bruce Ellington in the 3rd for slot/return duty.

This
Originally posted by genus49:

This

Except he's always open...not a coincidence.

I call BS and a lame attempt at trolling the OP. Every Cooks highlight video shows him outrunning DB's over and over and over and......
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Combine = 4.33.

Game speed = 4.50.

Totally overrated guy.

While I think it lame every time you post this because it's opinion and not fact, does .17 seconds difference in the 40 make someone overrated? All the production is a load of crap? Your little negative schtick you got going on doesn't work so well when you so obliviously don't know what yer talking about, instead it comes off as a bit obvious.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Verrett, Cooks is too short.
Originally posted by WINiner:
I call BS and a lame attempt at trolling the OP. Every Cooks highlight video shows him outrunning DB's over and over and over and......

I definitely don't think he plays as fast as his 40 but he's certainly fast enough. I think what throws people is a lot of the deep throws by the QB show Cooks having defenders around him. Highlight watchers like to see guys break away big time and walk in for TDs.

Problem with that is you need a QB who can throw the ball in front of you. I'd be thrilled to have Cooks on this team but as I said above I think the drop from Cooks to the next receiver isn't as big as it is from Verrett to the next guy.

So if we have to pick a shorty give me Verrett. Guy is a ballhawk tough sob and he has dreads so you know he's good ;)
Share 49ersWebzone