LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

deep-cover sleepers

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
FS Jonathan Dowley West. Kentucky

S Ed Reynolds Stanford

DE Ethan Westbrooks West. Texas A&M

DT Justin Ellis Louisiana Tech

Matt Armstrong - C/RG/RT/LG/LT Girard VA. ST.

WR John Brown Pittsburgh State

S Jasin Hendricks - Pittsburgh

CB Lavelle Westbrooks Georgia Southern

QB Jeff Mathews Cornell

DE Zack Moore Concordia [MN]

RB Tim Flanders Sam Houston State

As a Cornell grad and after watching a few highlights all I have to say is

Late round flyer?
johnny manziel.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
johnny manziel.

Too short, not enough arm strength if its who im thinking of.

The one from that one school with the red? I cant remember.
Deep Cover? Dr. Dre and Snoop in the1st and 2nd...Championship
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
My late round pet pick is Trey Burton from Florida.

I think he's the Delanie Walker replacement we've been looking for. He played a hybrid Wildcat QB/RB/WR position in college, so we know he can learn a complicated playbook, and that he's capable of making dynamic plays with the ball in his hands. He's about the same size as Delanie; 6'2" 230.

I think he could be a great TE/F-Back player for us. Maybe even better than Delanie was. And I really do believe that was a big missing ingredient last year. Our offence was more consistent when we had Delanie on the field all the time, lining up all over, blocking, catching passes, and being versatile enough to be just about anything on any given play. Imagine how fun it would be have a guy like that that can also throw a pass?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/trey-burton?id=2543577

he might make it, but where would you draft him? there are many more talented players in the 5th round. he'd be good value in the 7th, but he probably gets drafted before late 7th.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
My late round pet pick is Trey Burton from Florida.

I think he's the Delanie Walker replacement we've been looking for. He played a hybrid Wildcat QB/RB/WR position in college, so we know he can learn a complicated playbook, and that he's capable of making dynamic plays with the ball in his hands. He's about the same size as Delanie; 6'2" 230.

I think he could be a great TE/F-Back player for us. Maybe even better than Delanie was. And I really do believe that was a big missing ingredient last year. Our offence was more consistent when we had Delanie on the field all the time, lining up all over, blocking, catching passes, and being versatile enough to be just about anything on any given play. Imagine how fun it would be have a guy like that that can also throw a pass?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/trey-burton?id=2543577

he might make it, but where would you draft him? there are many more talented players in the 5th round. he'd be good value in the 7th, but he probably gets drafted before late 7th.

I was thinking 7th round. Maybe he'll be gone by then. But he does not seem like a fit for every team. I could see him being available in the 7th.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
FS Jonathan Dowley West. Kentucky

S Ed Reynolds Stanford

DE Ethan Westbrooks West. Texas A&M

DT Justin Ellis Louisiana Tech

Matt Armstrong - C/RG/RT/LG/LT Girard VA. ST.

WR John Brown Pittsburgh State

S Jasin Hendricks - Pittsburgh

CB Lavelle Westbrooks Georgia Southern

QB Jeff Mathews Cornell

DE Zack Moore Concordia [MN]

RB Tim Flanders Sam Houston State

Looks like a great prospect at OLB in the mid/late rounds

6'5" 269lbs
33 3/4" arms
4.84s - 40
23 reps
123" broad
  • buck
  • Veteran
Torrence Allen West Texas A&M 6-0 185

In the last two years, Allen played in 29 games. He had 210 receptions for 3098 yards.

At his pro day, Allen ran the 40 in 4.46 and 4.44 seconds. He had a 40-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-9 broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.43 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.12 seconds. He had 15 strength lifts. Allen caught the ball really well in the positional drills.
[ Edited by buck on Apr 25, 2014 at 5:30 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
LB/TE Larry Webster Bloomsburg, another basketball player to footall stud, 26 sacks in 2 years of college football.

[ Edited by jimrat on Apr 25, 2014 at 5:45 PM ]
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Terrence West
Height: 5-9
Weight: 225

2013 College Statistics: 413 attempts, 2,509 yards, 6.1 yards per carry, 41 touchdowns.

Want another h-back:

Trey Millard

Joe Don Duncan

Jordan Lynch

My dream 7th round pick, but not a traditional "sleeper": Colt Lyerla
Here are a few late round sleepers I think we'll pay particular attention to (actual sleepers that aren't on any top 150 lists nor household names).....

Lonnie Ballentine- S, Memphis

His tape is fairly impressive, but I think this guy mainly gets a look for his height/weight/speed alone. He is long (6'3), filled out (219 lbs), and runs fast (4.3 40 at pro-day). I don't think he plays quite as fast but there's no denying this kid has RAW talent.

Isaiah Crowell- RB, Alabama St.

This guy was a top recruit for Georgia and shined as a true freshman. He had maturity issues and was kicked off the team so eventually transferred to Alabama St. for a year. If he kept up his momentum at Georgia he could've been a 1st-2nd round pick, but character (not talent) derailed his collegiate career. This guy has the skillset to be a top 50 pick but will be lucky to get drafted. He is a definite late-round flyer or UDFA worth taking.

Solomon Patton- WR, Florida

When watching Florida's offense Patton always stuck out as a player that was horribly under-utilized due to scheme and terrible qb play. I did multiple doubletakes expecting him to be a more recognizable player. He is lightning quick, shifty, and has great return ability. He doesn't really have any red flags and is a player that if used correctly could be a much better NFL player than college player. Don't be surprised to see him get drafted even though he's not on anyone's draft boards. He would be particularly attractive to the 49ers if we end the draft with no PR capable players drafted (late 7th or UDFA).

• Jd925
  • Veteran
Didn't have much time to do research but here goes.

Sleepers all projected late rounders or undrafted:

Andre Hal - CB Vanderbilt 2nd Team All-SEC
Shaquil Barrett - OLB/DE Colorado St - MWC Defensife Player of Year
L'Damian Washington - Missouri
Jeremiah George - Iowa St
Devon Kennard - USC
Denicos Allen - Michigan St.
Colt Lyerla
Eric Swoope

Underrated mid to late:
Terrance Mitchell
Antone Exum - good CB, can play safety