There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

deep-cover sleepers

• xcfan
  • Veteran
name a guy that literally no one is talking about, but who could make a roster in the right situation.

to start, here's beau blankenship, rb, ohio.
when you look up "poor-man's ray rice" in the dictionary, this guy appears.
he's a short, square running back who goes downhill and has speed (4.47). he's low and he can disappear in the weeds, leaving defenders a step slow in finding him.
pretty decent goal-line back, also.

who's your guy?
My favorite, Eric Thomas, WR, Troy. 6'1, 216, 4.53, 37 inch Vert, and 10'3 broad jump at his pro-day. Sun Belt's career TD leader (breaking T.Y. Hilton's record). I've mentioned him a few times on here. He'd make a really good slot WR imo.

Also love Xavius Boyd, LB, Western Kentucky. He's listed as a OLB, but I think he'd be a good understudy behind Willis/Bowman. Was the Sun Belt's Defensive Player of the Year.

And Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland. Think he could be a steal in the 6th or 7th round if his shoulder heals. If not, he'd have a year on IR to heal and study. Reminds me of a Brock type CB, shorter but compact and well built.
David Yankey

There is a thread about him with 9 posts on here.
Dude is an absolute MAULER, 6'5 315lbs he could mold into a solid backup or even start if Iupati leaves.

I'm not a huge fan of Snyder or Looney, I think this guy has more athleticism at his position and could help our run game more.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
David Yankey

Dude is an absolute MAULER, 6'5 315lbs he could mold into a solid backup or even start if Iupati leaves.

I'm not a huge fan of Snyder or Looney, I think this guy has more athleticism at his position and could help our run game more.

I thought Yankey was making one of those "love hearts" with his fingers, but I guess he isn't. Or is he?
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
David Yankey

I thought Yankey was making one of those "love hearts" with his fingers, but I guess he isn't. Or is he?

This a deep sleeper thread. A top 5 rated OG is not a sleeper pick.

How about John Brown, WR/KR Pittsburgh St. 5'10" 179 lbs. 3 time Little All American who scored 45 touchdowns in 34 career starts. Ran a 4.34 at the Combine and had 6224 all purpose yards in his career.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
This a deep sleeper thread. A top 5 rated OG is not a sleeper pick.

For some reason I assumed xcfan meant a player who is not being talked about on this forum. (Yankey has 1 thread with 9 posts.)

Anyways, for a true deep sleeper I'd go with Javontee Herndon out of Arkansas.
4.4 40 and 23 reps on the bench, nice speed and power combo that molds well into our offense
6'0 207lbs would be some nice competition if anybody gets hurt
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
name a good player that's not talked about in his own thread or on "path to the draft" and the like. a 3rd day or udfa type that has something you believe in.
that one dood that yall dont know about, but hes gonna end up being really good. Callin it nowz
  • DeUh
OLB Randell Johnson 6´3 242 Florida Atlantic

Kelcy Quarles from South Carolina ...at 6'4 and 295 LBs , he could compete with TJE and Okoye for a roster spot and develop into a solid 3-4 DE, Clowney got all the ink for South Carolina, but this guy was solid and played with tenacity ...he's not exactly a sleeper, but could be available in the middle rounds , might be worth a look
Is that a white runningback? not sure i want one of those, now white qb, thatd be cool.
FS Jonathan Dowley West. Kentucky

S Ed Reynolds Stanford

DE Ethan Westbrooks West. Texas A&M

DT Justin Ellis Louisiana Tech

Matt Armstrong - C/RG/RT/LG/LT Girard VA. ST.

WR John Brown Pittsburgh State

S Jasin Hendricks - Pittsburgh

CB Lavelle Westbrooks Georgia Southern

QB Jeff Mathews Cornell

DE Zack Moore Concordia [MN]

RB Tim Flanders Sam Houston State
CB/S Hakeem Smith- Reliable tackler, overshadowed by Pryor.

S Nickoe Whitley- FBS Active Leader in Career interceptions, played most of the season with a torn ACL.

CB Travis Carrie- High character, good size.
My late round pet pick is Trey Burton from Florida.

I think he's the Delanie Walker replacement we've been looking for. He played a hybrid Wildcat QB/RB/WR position in college, so we know he can learn a complicated playbook, and that he's capable of making dynamic plays with the ball in his hands. He's about the same size as Delanie; 6'2" 230.

I think he could be a great TE/F-Back player for us. Maybe even better than Delanie was. And I really do believe that was a big missing ingredient last year. Our offence was more consistent when we had Delanie on the field all the time, lining up all over, blocking, catching passes, and being versatile enough to be just about anything on any given play. Imagine how fun it would be have a guy like that that can also throw a pass?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/trey-burton?id=2543577

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
FS Jonathan Dowley West. Kentucky

S Ed Reynolds Stanford

DE Ethan Westbrooks West. Texas A&M

DT Justin Ellis Louisiana Tech

Matt Armstrong - C/RG/RT/LG/LT Girard VA. ST.

WR John Brown Pittsburgh State

S Jasin Hendricks - Pittsburgh

CB Lavelle Westbrooks Georgia Southern

QB Jeff Mathews Cornell

DE Zack Moore Concordia [MN]

RB Tim Flanders Sam Houston State

I think you mean Johnathan Dowling from Western Kentucky