ARM LENGTH: 33"
HANDS: 10 1/4"
40 yard dash: 4.76
Bench: 25
Vertical: 31 1/2
Projected: 3rd round
Notes: Name top TE at senior bowl by Phil Savage
Best 3 cone drill (7.10) and 20 yard shuttle (4.26) for TE

Strengths: Catches in traffic on a regular basis. Has a knack of catching balls at the highest point. Fierce blocker.
Weakness: Lacks separation speed and YAC seeming lost after he catches the ball and has room to run

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dqTG4XvbkxQ#

He visted San Fransisco April 21st
We very well could be looking for a better #3 TE to replace Celek who is a FA after this year. Could even draft one high and make him the #2 and turn McDonald into a #3 blocking TE who can still catch the ball. Probably too early to do that but not out of the question. My guess is we would be looking for a #3 in say round 4-7 if at all. If we take one 3 or higher that would be some what surprising. I guess Vernon has year years left as well but we won't let him go if we can help it.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM ]
I doubt we go TE any earlier than the end of the 3rd and I think C.J. will he gone by then. He'd instantly replace McDonald. He's a good blocker, but significantly better receiver than McD. This guy has starting talent.
I have a hard time believing we are going to spend a pick in the first four rounds on a tight end. If we do, we sure do love wasting second round picks and giving up on guys relatively early. Taylor Mays, Lamichael James, Vance Mcdonald... C'mon man!

I don't see how Mcdonald can't at least be a decent #2 tight end. Has all the measurables 6'4 270 pounds running a 4.6 with long arms and putting up 31 reps on the bench. Dude is a freak and he played slot receiver in college. Rookie season was rough, but he didn't exactly get many looks or opportunities. Just needs more targets. Plus Richard Sherman is his b***h
actually a fan of his, but i doubt we take a TE early. I can see someone like Arthur Lynch in the later rounds, though
Pretty solid TE prospect. I think we'll draft one to compete with McDonald. I still like Vance, but he didn't produce in the passing game and I want him the earn the job not by default. Need more talent at the position.
We like to run 2TE-sets, don't we? Given this assumption, we need another quality pass-catching TE. Said that, I wouldn't go for this guy before our original 3rd-rounder.
If this means we can replace Celek with Vance on the outside of Roman's jumbo packages, I am all for it with the 9ers 3rd or later.
Fiedorowicz is the correct spelling for those who want to research him. Probably a bubble top 100 pick. Really good college player with a solid all around game. Give me the better receiver in Crockett Gilmore of Colorado State.
Originally posted by LaMichaelJeff:
actually a fan of his, but i doubt we take a TE early. I can see someone like Arthur Lynch in the later rounds, though

I like Lynch as well. Good prospect.

He would add some more teeth to our running game
Share 49ersWebzone