LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 185 users in the forums

4/22 mock draft final version

Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
REALLY!.....not even close.

lol not even close? Bryant is tall and has good speed but his route running is weak and his game is basically just running deep.

Bryant 6'4 211
Hill 6'4 215

Both have big YPC in college with small # of receptions.

Are You basically quoting what you heard some draft person say? or Have you ACTUALLY watched the Kid play?
Are You basically quoting what you heard some draft person say? or Have you ACTUALLY watched the Kid play?

No I never watched him play. I was told you were the only one allowed to watch Clemson games.
Hill came ffrom GaTech which is a running team,Clemson is a well rounded team that runs and passes(balanced)....

Who cares what kind of offense each team runs? I was comparing their abilities on the field not their production or how their offense runs.

For instance the 49ers are a running team...using your logic Bryant doesnt fit this team...
Hill came ffrom GaTech which is a running team,Clemson is a well rounded team that runs and passes(balanced)....

Who cares what kind of offense each team runs? I was comparing their abilities on the field not their production or how their offense runs.

For instance the 49ers are a running team...using your logic Bryant doesnt fit this team...
I see you still don't get it,let me slowly explain what i meant OK. GaTech did not need Hill to run "A ROUTE TREE", Just go routes and some come backs....Is The Light coming on NOW. Clemson ran a Balanced Offense which REQUIRED their Wideouts to run a more COMPLETE ROUTE TREE.... there is no LOGIC involved HERE...Bryant Does there Fit What the Niners NEED Someone that can NOT ONLY take the top off the defense but also Blocks down field,beat press coverage and Run other route as needed....Oh and the remark mabout watching Clemson Games only...you need to watch a lot more college games..you be suprised what you can pick up.....just for s**ts and giggle How Old are you? seriously how old are you ..you sound Kinda of young...I know you youngsters want things yesterday.

No I never watched him play. I was told you were the only one allowed to watch Clemson games.

REALLY
I see you still don't get it,let me slowly explain what i meant OK. GaTech did not need Hill to run "A ROUTE TREE", Just go routes and some come backs....Is The Light coming on NOW. Clemson ran a Balanced Offense which REQUIRED their Wideouts to run a more COMPLETE ROUTE TREE.... there is no LOGIC involved HERE...Bryant Does there Fit What the Niners NEED Someone that can NOT ONLY take the top off the defense but also Blocks down field,beat press coverage and Run other route as needed....Oh and the remark mabout watching Clemson Games only...you need to watch a lot more college games..you be suprised what you can pick up.....just for s**ts and giggle How Old are you? seriously how old are you ..you sound Kinda of young...I know you youngsters want things yesterday.

I just turned 32 on Sunday and talking to you has been a pleasant belated birthday present.

49ers have a running team. Do you think Crabtree isn't asked to run a full route tree? That's more or less how your logic works.

Hill and Bryant are comparable as players, both skill set wise and physical stature. Just because Clemson ran a balanced offense doesn't mean every receiver ran a full route tree. If you run the ball 50% of the time and then throw it deep on a go route the other 50% of the time you can say their offense is balanced but those receivers aren't exactly running the full route tree.

That's the added benefit Clemson and Bryant had with Sammy Watkins on the same team as him. Clemson was able to utilize the best skillset from Bryant and still have a terrific option for other passes in their offense. A balanced offense run vs pass has nothing to do with the skill sets of their players and whether or not a full WR route tree is being used by each member of the offense. Anyone claiming to watch the games can see Bryant is essentially a one trick pony and will need a lot of work to be considered a well rounded receiver.

I'm curious how old you are because your logic and inability to see sarcasm is mind boggling.

dp
[ Edited by genus49 on Apr 23, 2014 at 5:30 AM ]
Calm down guys. Acting like your talking to Seahawks fans. Different opinions doesn't mean either one is wrong. Mage main reason I like Bryant is because if we did a 3 wide set(very rare) a safety would have to respect Bryant(much like how we used Moss) and if the safety was on his heels and Kaep sees that he can't over throw Bryant. If the safety respects Bryant then that means Crabs and Boldin can work underneath which they do best. I agree their are more polished receivers who have stronger hands it was a pick that would help the team this year because I don't think Crabtree is going anywhere.
I'm as calm as can be...just having a good time chatting with the old guy up there.

Bryant is a one trick pony but he does the one trick very well. The reason I'm not high on him is because I want to draft a receiver who can be a replacement for Crabtree and/or Boldin once one or both leave...we're not drafting just for next year or two. At some point you want this kid to be a #1 or #2 receiver and while he certainly has the ability and if he took to coaching he could turn into a well rounded guy who is a big threat deep I just don't want to take that risk.

Let's be honest when was the last time we had a receiver who wasn't a top 10 pick actually work out well? Can anyone explain to me what John Morton actually does? I swear our young receivers learn more from guys like Moss and Boldin coming in than his "coaching"

That guy needs to go soon along with Roman if he doesn't change things this season.
Well next years best receiver was kicked off his team. Don't recall his name at the moment I know he plays for Missouri. He could fall in the draft like Mathieu and we can grab him. I wouldn't be horribly devistated if the 49ers went another route as far a receiver this year but I don't want to see multiple picks invested in receiver cause Roman and Harbaugh really wouldn't use them. I totally agree with u on Morton the best thing he teaches is how to block...also have to look at the scouts who are scouting receivers. I mean Jenkins over Jefferies had me punching a wall I don't get how u see a great player by running drag routes all day vs Jeffries who was beating all the top corners in his draft in his YouTube film.

I'm high on Bryant too. I've seen him do more than go long. Although going long successfully shouldn't be seen as a negative. Afterall, it's what the Niners most need. Also, the logic that tall, fast = a poor player defines negativity. Bryant is tall, fast and productive. That usually = good player.

Your emphasis on defensive players (5 of the first 7) doesn't represent Baalke's usual balance of offensive vs. defensive selections. And, if anything, with the lower production from the offense recently, I hope any unbalance favors the offense.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Well next years best receiver was kicked off his team. Don't recall his name at the moment I know he plays for Missouri. He could fall in the draft like Mathieu and we can grab him. I wouldn't be horribly devistated if the 49ers went another route as far a receiver this year but I don't want to see multiple picks invested in receiver cause Roman and Harbaugh really wouldn't use them. I totally agree with u on Morton the best thing he teaches is how to block...also have to look at the scouts who are scouting receivers. I mean Jenkins over Jefferies had me punching a wall I don't get how u see a great player by running drag routes all day vs Jeffries who was beating all the top corners in his draft in his YouTube film.

You think given the offseason the 49ers had they'd be eager to grab a guy who was kicked off his team? You're referring to Dorial Green-Beckham. Top talent but the kid is a mess.

Multiple picks in receivers is a must imo. Especially if we keep all those picks. Boldin has 2 years left. Crabtree may be gone after this season. This draft class is crazy deep at the position. Now is the time to strike and give ourselves depth at the position and starter caliber players when Boldin and/or Crabtree leave.

At some point they'll have to use them or continue to come up short.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
I'm high on Bryant too. I've seen him do more than go long. Although going long successfully shouldn't be seen as a negative. Afterall, it's what the Niners most need. Also, the logic that tall, fast = a poor player defines negativity. Bryant is tall, fast and productive. That usually = good player.

Your emphasis on defensive players (5 of the first 7) doesn't represent Baalke's usual balance of offensive vs. defensive selections. And, if anything, with the lower production from the offense recently, I hope any unbalance favors the offense.

He doesn't just go long but that's what he does most of the time and he needs a lot of work selling the other routes. And it's not a negative, never said it was. What's a negative is that being one dimensional makes it easier to defend.

Also who said anything about tall, fast = poor player? I just compared him to Stephen Hill. Hill was also very productive more so if you consider the run first offense GT utilized. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to put it together in the NFL. That is my concern with Bryant and I'd rather go with a safer pick because we can't afford another bust at the position.

I would take any of Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Matthews, Davante Adams, Paul Richardson or Cody Latimer over him.
Share 49ersWebzone