LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 124 users in the forums

2014 Full Mock Draft, UDFA, 90 Man Roster

Don't like M. Lee as a receiver, or forgot him? Also, what ever happened to EJ Gaines...he seems to have disappeared from draft radar for most.
I'd be pretty excited if this happened. I want to Like Roby, but his 2013 bothers me. He seemed to make some selfish decisions, going for picks and leaving his team hanging on those double moves. If Baalke and Donatell want him, then I'd be cool with that. Latimer could develop here for sure, especially with Q (no faith in Morton) leading that group. I have an unapologetic crush on Ellington. I think Couplin could be a star, developing under Donatell's teaching. He looks to have good instincts, and he probably hasn't had top shelf coaching to this point.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Don't like M. Lee as a receiver, or forgot him? Also, what ever happened to EJ Gaines...he seems to have disappeared from draft radar for most.

Call me crazy but I´m actually not a fan of Lee. All those nagging injuries over his career really scare me away. He is very tough and plays hurt but he gets injured quite easily.

I think with his skill set EJ Gaines is best suited in a zone scheme. He has expirience in man coverage but I think he really excels while in zone.
Originally posted by DeUh:

Call me crazy but I´m actually not a fan of Lee. All those nagging injuries over his career really scare me away. He is very tough and plays hurt but he gets injured quite easily.

I think with his skill set EJ Gaines is best suited in a zone scheme. He has expirience in man coverage but I think he really excels while in zone.

I thought he was pretty healthy until 2013. Did I miss something?

Regarding 2013, I know that it was easier for me to get hurt when I was playing hurt. Protecting yourself somewhere always exposes you to injury somewhere else.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by DeUh:

I thought he was pretty healthy until 2013. Did I miss something?

Regarding 2013, I know that it was easier for me to get hurt when I was playing hurt. Protecting yourself somewhere always exposes you to injury somewhere else.

Aside from his knee injury last season here are three other examples:

December 29 2012. Marqise Lee injured in practice. http://www.conquestchronicles.com/2012/12/29/3815826/marqise-lee-injured-in-practice Managed to play against Georgia Tech but only had 41 yrds ( 6.8 avg )

August 10 2013. Marqise Lee injured, leaves USC practice. http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23092643/marqise-lee-injured-leaves-usc-practice

August 22 2013. Marqise Lee injures shoulder again. http://www.mockdrafthq.com/2013/08/marqise-lee-injures-shoulder-again.html

He also injured himself running drills at the combine.

Over his three years at USC he was quite a few times on the sideline because of a wrist injury, a knee or an ankle. He is tough and usually plays through them but they are stockpilling. Last year he actually missed some full games then.

NFL.com
Long-term durability could become an issue.

CBS.com
Possesses a relatively slight frame and struggled with injuries in 2013, raising legitimate questions about his ability to remain healthy against NFL competition.

Ourlads.com
Has significant durability concerns given his less than ideal Frame

He is very talented but for a 1st. round pick that scares me away. Especially with the all the other talent in this years WR class !
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 23, 2014 at 4:13 PM ]
M. Lee's "injury history" would also be the only reason we could get a guy like him at 30, so it could work in our favor. A crystal ball would help immensely.
If Baalke/Harbaugh sign off on Roby I'd definately be OK with this draft. With Donatell as his coach he would have a great chance to grow into an excellent DB. Two very talented CBs and two WR with high value would be what the doctor ordered.
hey you only had 89 players on your 90 man roster
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hofer36:
hey you only had 89 players on your 90 man roster

?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Update: Added Dontae Johnson to the CB list.

Share 49ersWebzone