There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Would You Do?

What Would You Do?

I wanted to trade up for a Mike Evans or if possible Gilbert, but the more I think about it, it only makes sense to trade down in a draft deep at positions that we need. I would hope we could swap this yrs 1st for a next yrs 1st and be heading into the 2015 offseason with two 1sts having to decide whether we extend Crabs, Aldon, and Iupati.
I voted stay put,

Honestly I would rather trade back then forward,
If we trade at all 1st round
At first I was all for a trade up in the last couple months but now? I am for standing pat with #30,#56 #61 and selecting the BPA, We need a CB BAd, We need a WR that can take over for Crabs fulltime by 2015, We need an edge pass rusher just incase Aldon stuff. And with #77, I'd start the trade down business for 2nds and 3rds next year.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/178051-poll-which-trade-scenario-you-prefer/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177932-which-strategy-baalke-use-draft-weekend/

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177980-what-baalke-49ers-1st-pick/
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Apr 21, 2014 at 8:48 PM ]
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
At first I was all for a trade up in the last couple months but now? I am for standing pat with #30,#56 #61 and selecting the BPA, We need a CB BAd, We need a WR that can take over for Crabs fulltime by 2015, We need an edge pass rusher just incase Aldon stuff. And with #77, I'd start the trade down business for 2nds and 3rds next year.

I expect we will draft some very good players and pick up some picks for next year as well.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:

Some great players are going to slide to us...one of Verrett, Fuller, M. Lee, Cooks, Beckham, Ford or Dennard will slide and we'll get him. There are too many good players. We will also have a shot at starters in the 2nd. I say "have a shot" because sometimes Balke goes "off the board". Let's stay put and watch...we'll do OK That said, bet we don't stay put.
If Justin Gilbert slides into the teens in the draft (maybe unlikely, but it could happen), I think the 9ers should trade up to get him. Otherwise I say stay put.
[ Edited by 49erphan on Apr 22, 2014 at 6:16 AM ]
I think Baalke will stick with the way he always have done it. If there's someone he really covets he'll move up for him not higher than 15 otherwise he'll stay put at 30 and do his targeting in the 2nd Rd and try to strike gold in the 3rd rd
Personally, I'd stay put at the 30th pick IS a 2nd rounder. I'd even entertain trading back a few spots b/c of the depth at the need positions of CB x2, WR x2 (Returner) & S (5 picks). Then you can add ILB, C, QB, NT, OG, H-Back, pure FB, PK/P later (9 more picks).
If there's still a QB available at #30 i could see us moving down a few spots and picking up a 2015 2nd round pick.
Stay put at # 30... a great prospect will fall. Then, we can trade up into the early 2nd with some of that extra ammo, if we want.
Now that OLB, CB are more pressing needs, I thinking staying put or trading back for future picks might be worth it. If Cully and Smith would get there head on straight the 49ers would be more inclined to trade up.
Trade up. Don't need 11 new players. Roster is FULL.