LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 186 users in the forums

Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana... all hype? or overlooked awesomeness?

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bryant is going to go way high solely because of his speed/height combination. Sad that it happens, but it's always been like this. Teams can't seem to pass on the idea of having a tall burner on the team if they think he'll be a matchup nightmare.

I think Bryant is a decent, but very raw prospect.

I would argue that Latimer is a better prospect than both Matthews and Bryant. Vastly superior in strength (The guy looked like an offensive lineman against CBs in the blocking game), and natural hands with undeniable explosiveness. The level of competition and polish is the primary question mark, but if I had to choose between the two, Latimer's tape against Dennard showed that the former (level of competition) is clearly not an issue, and I would pick him above Matthews right now based on the upside to be the complete package at WR.

I know your pretty high on moncrief so my question is would you take latimer before moncrief?
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
We simply can't let the "Hawks get him.

They're gonna get some guys we want and like...and then we'll find fault with all of them!
He's a really good WR but I wouldn't want to take him until the 2nd.
I dont believe 49ers will draft another possession WR by the interest in free agency they looking for speed
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
I dont believe 49ers will draft another possession WR by the interest in free agency they looking for speed

you dont think this guy has sufficient speed? reminder hes 6'3 215lbs and ran 4.38 at his proday. all that on top of natural hands catcher, strong as bull, solid route running and natural ability to box out defenders to high point the ball especially in 50/50 battles. sign me up. not in the 1st for us tho. ive been reading the seahawks are high on him and taking him at 32 is apparently a possibility.

[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:

you dont think this guy has sufficient speed? reminder hes 6'3 215lbs and ran 4.38 at his proday. all that on top of natural hands catcher, solid route running and natural ability to box out defenders to high point the ball especially in 50/50 battles. sign me up. NOT in the 1st tho.

He is as fast as Crabtree don't go off pro day they inflate numbers he is a great blocking WR just NOT a fit
How is he not a fit? 2 offseasons from now our number 1 and 2 wr might not even be on the team.
He is as fast as Crabtree don't go off pro day they inflate numbers he is a great blocking WR just NOT a fit

I actually think he is a great fit. He is the perfect 9er WR, just because the got Boldin and Crabs doesn't change his fit in this offense.

Plus Crabs is gone, if a team offers him 1 cent more than the 9ers offer he is gone. Who knows when Boldin's production is going to dropoff. Especially since Latimer is a bit of a project, he can learn from the best.
He kinda reminds me of Miles Austin in his prime. Good size, speed, athleticism, and catches everything with his hands away from his body. Like Austin, might need some time to refine route running before he becomes really effective.
As long as we get either Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews or Cody Latimer and pair one of those guys with Bruce Ellington my WR draft wish lists are checked off in a HUGE way.

I prefer the Moncrief and Ellington combo because Moncrief imo has the highest ceiling of the group.

Originally posted by genus49:
As long as we get either Moncrief, Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews or Cody Latimer and pair one of those guys with Bruce Ellington my WR draft wish lists are checked off in a HUGE way.

I prefer the Moncrief and Ellington combo because Moncrief imo has the highest ceiling of the group.

That would make my draft weekend
Originally posted by Mann716:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bryant is going to go way high solely because of his speed/height combination. Sad that it happens, but it's always been like this. Teams can't seem to pass on the idea of having a tall burner on the team if they think he'll be a matchup nightmare.

I think Bryant is a decent, but very raw prospect.

I would argue that Latimer is a better prospect than both Matthews and Bryant. Vastly superior in strength (The guy looked like an offensive lineman against CBs in the blocking game), and natural hands with undeniable explosiveness. The level of competition and polish is the primary question mark, but if I had to choose between the two, Latimer's tape against Dennard showed that the former (level of competition) is clearly not an issue, and I would pick him above Matthews right now based on the upside to be the complete package at WR.

I know your pretty high on moncrief so my question is would you take latimer before moncrief?

No. Reason being because Moncrief is a slightly more explosive athlete and beat press coverage fairly consistently against top defenses in the SEC. He won one on one matchups with ease and is a slightly better fit against a team like Seattle due to the advantage in quickness he has over Latimer. Latimer is a monster in the blocking game and an explosive straight line threat, but not as quick as Moncrief.

I would be ECSTATIC to have either player, but Moncrief has the slight edge.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

That would make my draft weekend

Mine as well.

Although not as much as a Kelvin Benjamin/Bruce Ellington combo.... (seriously, I know you all hate this, but that's the combo I want)

That would be perfect...the future.
He is a invite to the draft in N.Y. So we'll get to see him sweat it out in the "green room" until he gets his picture on stage with Deon.....he would be a good addition to our team
[ Edited by highway49 on Apr 23, 2014 at 6:57 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone