There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Easter Mock - The Resurrection Draft we need after a tumulutous offseason

Erection>Resurrection
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Incorrect.

First, Aldon's legal troubles will make him cheaper to keep around. So that helps.

Next, you don't pay big $$$ to guards, especially if you're the 49ers, who historically have not. Iupati will walk before Crabtree does.

So I would definitely say Iupati is at the bottom of the list.

First off an opinion cannot be incorrect.

That bolded part however is incorrect.

You do pay big $$$ to guards, ESPECIALLY if you are a run first team like we are.
Finding a replacement for Crabs is easier than finding another Iupati. If you want to get historical then lets look up what we really build a team around... (a great offensive line, not skilled WRs)

Also, Larry Allen says hello
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Incorrect.

First, Aldon's legal troubles will make him cheaper to keep around. So that helps.

Next, you don't pay big $$$ to guards, especially if you're the 49ers, who historically have not. Iupati will walk before Crabtree does.

You do pay big $$$ to guards, ESPECIALLY if you are a run first team like we are.
Finding a replacement for Crabs is easier than finding another Iupati. If you want to get historical then lets look up what we really build a team around... (a great offensive line, not skilled WRs)

First Off, Baalke doesn't break the bank for any player. Even though we're a run first team, it's hard to see the Niners being able to give Kap, Aldon, and Iupati all 10m+ per year contracts. And It's naive to think that Aldon is going to be cheaper bc of his troubles. Do you know how highly sought after DE's are? Especially someone as proven as Aldon. Someone's gonna pay him. And if the niners don't want to match the offer, he's gone.

That's why I fully expect them to pick up his option. They get him at discount in 2015 at 9mil per year, and then if he wants a huge contract, he walks... especially if he still hasn't matured.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
First Off, Baalke doesn't break the bank for any player. Even though we're a run first team, it's hard to see the Niners being able to give Kap, Aldon, and Iupati all 10m+ per year contracts. And It's naive to think that Aldon is going to be cheaper bc of his troubles. Do you know how highly sought after DE's are? Especially someone as proven as Aldon. Someone's gonna pay him. And if the niners don't want to match the offer, he's gone.

That's why I fully expect them to pick up his option. They get him at discount in 2015 at 9mil per year, and then if he wants a huge contract, he walks... especially if he still hasn't matured.

I think he would for a franchise player.
I respect your opinion, but in all honesty I do think he is going to be cheaper because of his off the field troubles, in reality he is one more bad slip-up from having the NFL come down hard on him. I don't want us to sign him to a long term/big deal that could end up not working out because he can't keep his head on straight. Players are an investment, Aldon has showed some promising return but at the same time his risk is higher than any other player on our team.
Those are just my views, I could be wrong.

We do have a lot of cap space next year, hopefully we sign Aldon and Kap.... Then hopefully we work out something with Iupati, after watching what happened to our run game in the NFC champ game when Iupati went down I'm just hoping we do something to address Looney/Snyder not being next in line.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

I think he would for a franchise player.
I respect your opinion, but in all honesty I do think he is going to be cheaper because of his off the field troubles, in reality he is one more bad slip-up from having the NFL come down hard on him. I don't want us to sign him to a long term/big deal that could end up not working out because he can't keep his head on straight. Players are an investment, Aldon has showed some promising return but at the same time his risk is higher than any other player on our team.
Those are just my views, I could be wrong.

We do have a lot of cap space next year, hopefully we sign Aldon and Kap.... Then hopefully we work out something with Iupati, after watching what happened to our run game in the NFC champ game when Iupati went down I'm just hoping we do something to address Looney/Snyder not being next in line.

Yeah he would be cheaper assuming he wants to return, because I am more than sure there will be a team like the Bengals or the Bucs or take your pic. there's gonna be a team that'll offer him a max deal despite his troubles.
Incorrect.

In 2006, Larry Allen made what Iupati makes right now. Iupati is going to want more than that when the time comes. And despite their cap troubles from bad investments prior to the Nolan-era, the Niners had room to spend some money in 2006 on a guard (an old, yet somewhat effective one btw) because the team was so friggin' terrible.

Who knows... maybe the Niners will make some cap-magic happen and keep both Iupati and Crabtree. But to say the Niners would let a "proven" receiver like Crabs walk instead of keeping him over a guard? Can't say I agree... especially since there's no one behind Crabs and Boldin is at the end of his career.

And yeah, I'm not a HUGE fan of Crabs, and it's possible his agent will want to get top-5 money... but if he's reasonable? The Niners will spend on Crabs over Iupati.

But who knows... guess we have to see how it plays out. But since the 49ers have no one at the WR position behind their top-2 guys and guards are easier to find than franchise WR's? I say Crabs over Iupati.