LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Easter Mock - The Resurrection Draft we need after a tumulutous offseason

I dont like Roby. Hes inconsistent and small. Crazy good athlete, but a bonehead.

I think Bryant will go before #94 other than that well done!
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Trade out Bryant for Lamin Barrow and add Brandon Coleman for that Stanford safety and I would love it.
Great job man, thanks for doing your research.

Well written also

Thanks bro. Lamin Barrow is solid. LSU is one of my favorite college teams to watch.. it's why I was so stoked when we picked Eric Reid last year.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I dont like Roby. Hes inconsistent and small. Crazy good athlete, but a bonehead.

I think Bryant will go before #94 other than that well done!

Yeah I think Bryant may go as soon as the 2nd round. Him and Latimer are rising fast
Nice mock, I'd be happy with this. Two things though.

Bryant and Reynolds won't be there and Reynolds is Black and White. Just like Kap
I like the players you targeted ! I think its safe to say we would most likely have to move up for a couple players (Lawrence& Bryant), but its hard to project trades in a mock.

One change maybe Verrett for Roby if your gonna draft Desir, but I wouldn't be mad at this draft!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Nice mock, I'd be happy with this. Two things though.

Bryant and Reynolds won't be there and Reynolds is Black and White. Just like Kap

their kids will be zebras and we can not have that
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like the players you targeted ! I think its safe to say we would most likely have to move up for a couple players (Lawrence& Bryant), but its hard to project trades in a mock.

One change maybe Verrett for Roby if your gonna draft Desir, but I wouldn't be mad at this draft!

Yeah. I like Verret a lot. Only thing is I think he's off the board at 30. I feel Roby has the best chance of slipping to the bottom of the 1st round. I like Desir a lot too.
I like it...but would substitute Fuller for Roby. Excellent all-around CB and has the bonus of almost 33" arms. With him, Desir and Cook, Fangio could play some real press coverage.
Solid mock
Crabtree isn't leaving. Boldin will.

49ers will take a WR in the first round. Guarantee it.

Originally posted by NickSh49:

Our 4 biggest re-signs next year are between
Kap, Aldon, Iupati, and Crabs

To me, Crabs is at the bottom of that list.
Not to mention Crabtree is the same person who held out on us over a rookie contract,
I would rather sign Aldon Kap and Iupati than pay Crabtree what he "thinks" he is worth and not be able to sign Iupati/Aldon

We draft CB 1st round
Then next year we take a WR, my opinion its Jaelen Strong out of ASU

I love when people guarantee things that they have absolutely no control over
Originally posted by TTown9ers:

I love when people guarantee things that they have absolutely no control over

Hey man... I'll come back and say "I was wrong," if that's the case.

Incorrect.

First, Aldon's legal troubles will make him cheaper to keep around. So that helps.

Next, you don't pay big $$$ to guards, especially if you're the 49ers, who historically have not. Iupati will walk before Crabtree does.

So I would definitely say Iupati is at the bottom of the list.

Not to mention Crabtree is the same person who held out on us over a rookie contract,
I would rather sign Aldon Kap and Iupati than pay Crabtree what he "thinks" he is worth and not be able to sign Iupati/Aldon

We draft CB 1st round
Then next year we take a WR, my opinion its Jaelen Strong out of ASU
I agree with you. If Crabtree didn't have the history of being hard to negotiate with, I would put him behind Kaep and Aldon. We've already seen how much Kaep can struggle without him. We also saw how much we missed Iupati in the running game too during the NFC Championship. I personally think it's going to be really hard to sign both. Guards have a high price-tag and i don't see why Iupati would want take a discount.

That's why I think Trent is going to draft their replacements this draft. If you notice, Trent's been drafting a year early since day one. Kaep one year before taking over. Aldon saw limited time as a rookie and that was only because Harralson was hurt, otherwise he hardly gets on the field. Last year he took Gore's replacement in Lattimore, and Cowboy's replacement in Tank Carradine. Eric Reid was more of an exception than the rule. They don't like to start rookies unless they really need to.

And if I'm Trent im looking at guys like Devante and Landry to replace Crabtree. Bekham Jr. would be ideal but he doesn't fall out of the top 20.
Share 49ersWebzone