LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 216 users in the forums

Which of the second tier CB's would you take?

Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
This, if he's not there I'd go with Desir.

Desir could go much sooner than expected.
Very true and so could Gaines. Would not be surprised if Gaines were to go early 2nd.
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
You never watched SJB play that statistic is based off 1 play where he tripped and fell on the line of scrimmage the wr went to the house

No it isnt.
I like loucheiz purifouy.. physical, big, good tackler, nice coverage skills, special teams ace. Perfect for us. Our front seven will make him look all pro.
Dennard and Verrett. yes, I like two top tier CBs both in the first round, unless one drops into second rd, with Trent burning picks plus dangling Gabbert as trade bait to one of the 5-8 teams with no QB or with pretender Qbs.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Dennard and Verrett. yes, I like two top tier CBs both in the first round, unless one drops into second rd, with Trent burning picks plus dangling Gabbert as trade bait to one of the 5-8 teams with no QB or with pretender Qbs.

Getting Dennard and Verrett seems like a pipe dream and dangling Gabbert before the Niners know what they have seems a little premature. How many picks do you think it will cost Baalke to get both Dennard and Verrett?
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 21, 2014 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

What exactly do you think a team is going to trade for gabbert? Don't you think the jags would've been all over a trade that would've netted them a higher draft pick? It's not like we're going to trade him away for a 6th round pick, maybe after a season his value will be higher though.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I really like Jean-Baptiste. And some of it is because I think you want CBs that are big and physical enough to play with the Brandon Marshalls of the NFL.

He looks like like he has speed and ball skills as well. At least to my untrained eyes...

I really like SJB as well.
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:
I like loucheiz purifouy.. physical, big, good tackler, nice coverage skills, special teams ace. Perfect for us. Our front seven will make him look all pro.

Yeah, not gonna happen. Dude has gone from being potentially a 1st rounder to possibly going undrafted.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by pho_t_9er:

Yeah, not gonna happen. Dude has gone from being potentially a 1st rounder to possibly going undrafted.

His description fits Jaylen Watkins better than Purifouy. Talk about a guy who's draft stock has fallen like a rock.
whomever CB that doesn't play off the WR ten yards. That who I want

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Which one?

The one that will rarely get burned; is NFL ready; wouldn't bash homosexuals before a SB; doesn't threaten witnesses with brass knuckles;
Baptise and Watkins
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Best thing a about SJB if he dont plan out at CB he can play safety dude can hit

SJB does remind me of Bathea who started as a corner
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by maxsmart:
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
These second tier cb's seem good as first rounders...Nice cb draft.

Yes, better to pick two second tier guys than trade up for a first tier. Same with the WR's, the second tier is about as good as the first tier. So it's best to stock up 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd picks and get extra CB's and WR's to develop.

Like the greatest draft of all-time, the 49ers 1986 draft:
Traded down twice out of the first round and ended up without a first-round pick. But look at what they got: defensive tackle Larry Roberts in the second round; fullback Tom Rathman, cornerback Tim McKyer and receiver John Taylor in the third round; defensive end Charles Haley, offensive tackle Steve Wallace and defensive tackle Kevin f*gan in the fourth round; and cornerback Don Griffin in the sixth round. All eight were starters who helped form the foundation of two Super Bowl teams in San Francisco.

you do realize we have starters in place? We are in a different scenario at the moment

So you don't think that we could use a repeat of the greatest draft in history?

Trading up doesn't guarantee success. Multiple picks in a deep draft increase your chance of hitting the jackpot.

We could use: WR x 2, CB x 2, S, OLB, DE, OG, RB, QB = that's 10 players we could use

so yes we could definitely use several picks in rd 2-5 in a very deep draft
[ Edited by maxsmart on Apr 22, 2014 at 2:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
These second tier cb's seem good as first rounders...Nice cb draft.

Yes, better to pick two second tier guys than trade up for a first tier. Same with the WR's, the second tier is about as good as the first tier. So it's best to stock up 2nd, 3rd and 4th rd picks and get extra CB's and WR's to develop.

Like the greatest draft of all-time, the 49ers 1986 draft:
Traded down twice out of the first round and ended up without a first-round pick. But look at what they got: defensive tackle Larry Roberts in the second round; fullback Tom Rathman, cornerback Tim McKyer and receiver John Taylor in the third round; defensive end Charles Haley, offensive tackle Steve Wallace and defensive tackle Kevin f*gan in the fourth round; and cornerback Don Griffin in the sixth round. All eight were starters who helped form the foundation of two Super Bowl teams in San Francisco.

you do realize we have starters in place? We are in a different scenario at the moment

So you don't think that we could use a repeat of the greatest draft in history?

Trading up doesn't guarantee success. Multiple picks in a deep draft increase your chance of hitting the jackpot.

We could use: WR x 2, CB x 2, S, OLB, DE, OG, RB, QB = that's 10 players we could use

so yes we could definitely use several picks in rd 2-5 in a very deep draft

I'd probably try to work an ILB and maybe even a NT in there somewhere. Maybe in place of the OG, the DE or one of the CBs...
Share 49ersWebzone