LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Trent Murphy DE/OLB Stanford

Height:6'5"
Weight:250lbs
Arm Length:33 7/8"
Hand Size:11 1/8"

Naturally big-boned with a good frame to add bulk if desired. Very good instincts. Above-average athlete -- bends fairly well. Massive mitts (11 1/8 inches) measured bigger than any other player at the combine. Good hand use -- can jolt blockers with his punch. Controls the line of scrimmage and consistently outleverages tight ends. Very physical re-routing tight ends at the line. Outstanding motor and sack production -- led the country in sacks (15) as a senior. Tough, smart and hardworking with a throwback personality. Leader vocally and by example. Will hold teammates accountable and represent the program with class.Team captain
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 18, 2014 at 8:11 AM ]
I loooooved this guy at stanford. he is relentless and his motor is non-stop. He's cut from same fabric as guys like justin smith and jj watt. would be a excellent pick up in the 2nd.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM ]
Marcus Smith or this Kid would be great pickups in the 3rd imo. Obviously Trent Murphy may know the system
The guy led college football in sacks for 2013. He is not an amazing athlete, but he isn't a stiff either. Since Aldon Smith has lost his mind, Murphy has to be on the Niners radar along with Barr, Ford, Lawrence, Attaochu, Van Noy, Crichton and M. Smith.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The guy led college football in sacks for 2013. He is not an amazing athlete, but he isn't a stiff either. Since Aldon Smith has lost his mind, Murphy has to be on the Niners radar along with Barr, Ford, Lawrence, Attaochu, Van Noy, Crichton and M. Smith.

I don't know how high they'd be on Murphy. He'd definitely need to add some upper body strength, probably a good 10 pounds of it, and they'd have to be careful as to not hinder his athleticism.

In my opinion, the most likely "early" OLB candidates for the team seem to be Marcus Smith, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Jeremy Attachou. Later on, there are a number of prospects we could go after. But those three would be my "top" guesses.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

I don't know how high they'd be on Murphy. He'd definitely need to add some upper body strength, probably a good 10 pounds of it, and they'd have to be careful as to not hinder his athleticism.

In my opinion, the most likely "early" OLB candidates for the team seem to be Marcus Smith, DeMarcus Lawrence, and Jeremy Attachou. Later on, there are a number of prospects we could go after. But those three would be my "top" guesses.

Agreed on Marcus Smith and Attaochu (......gezundheit!). Apparently Lawrence has been suspended three times in the last two years at Boise. That would hopefully eliminate him from consideration.

Van Noy is high on my board. Definitely the complete package at OLB
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for KyleShanahan.
How fast is he?
He's "the bomb".
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
I like Trent Murphy a lot ... a lot of good DE's and OLB in this draft.

I agree Trent would be a great addition, however, at # 56 in the second he likely will be gone.
Ran a 4.86.
Longest arms a OLB

Clowney 34 1/2"
Marcus Smith 34"
Murphy 33 7/8"
Lawrence 33 3/4"
Barr 33 1/2"
Attaochu 33"
Ford 32 7/8"
Crichton 32 3/4"
Van Noy 31 5/8"
I've been wanting this guy before Aldon effed up

IMO, what he has to offer (skill set) and the position we could get him at is awesome.
I think he can make an impact his rookie season, he plays alot faster than that 40 he ran.
Would be EXCITED if we got him
11 picks this draft, gotta package some and move up. If we can move up in the second and third we will have a great draft. Combine last years draft with this one, we will see a new 49er team emerge. It's going to be great. When you get a chance, check out Quinton Dial's you tube vid. It's short but it gives you a good idea of what to expect.
Share 49ersWebzone