LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 376 users in the forums

1. San Francisco 49ers trade up for Anthony Barr?

This makes all the sense in the world, at least on paper. The 49ers need an edge rusher, especially with Aldon Smith's future in question. They also have ammunition with six picks in the first three rounds. Barr looks like a prototypical outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, an increasingly difficult player to find.

we are not in dire need of OLB help , if the season started today we could probably roll with what we have at OLB, but this would be a great draft pick IMO ...he could possibly start from day one if needed, and has the upside and physical talents to be an impact player early in the year ..plus he could be Aldon's eventual replacement if he is to miss some time ....I still feel we need to grab a CB and WR early in the first 3 rounds , but I would be happy with this pick if this scenario became a reality ....thoughts?
I would too.Huge fan of Barr
I'd rather have a chocolate barr.....
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
This makes all the sense in the world, at least on paper. The 49ers need an edge rusher, especially with Aldon Smith's future in question. They also have ammunition with six picks in the first three rounds. Barr looks like a prototypical outside linebacker in a 3-4 defense, an increasingly difficult player to find.

we are not in dire need of OLB help , if the season started today we could probably roll with what we have at OLB, but this would be a great draft pick IMO ...he could possibly start from day one if needed, and has the upside and physical talents to be an impact player early in the year ..plus he could be Aldon's eventual replacement if he is to miss some time ....I still feel we need to grab a CB and WR early in the first 3 rounds , but I would be happy with this pick if this scenario became a reality ....thoughts?

Did you copy some of this from....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342112/article/barr-to-49ers-carr-to-jags-possible-draftday-deals

Yeah, yeah ya did. THAT'S A BAD MONKEY! You can't just loot and pillage from other sites at your whim?!?! Come on, MAN!

[ Edited by fropwns on Apr 18, 2014 at 8:36 AM ]
We do NOT need to move up for this guy! There are OLB's that will be there in the 2nd-3rd. We played fine without Aldon last year (he will play at some point this upcoming year). If we move up I hope its for a offensive play maker like Beckham or Evans.
No doubt the guy is an excellent player.

But, I'm more than doubtful we'll move up for him.
If I were rich I would've thrown a rock threw my TV when I saw this idiotic suggestion come across the TV.
Originally posted by fropwns:
Did you copy some of this from....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000342112/article/barr-to-49ers-carr-to-jags-possible-draftday-deals

Yeah, yeah ya did. THAT'S A BAD MONKEY! You can't just loot and pillage from other sites at your whim?!?! Come on, MAN!

Is that Henry Wofford?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather see Baalke fix the secondary in this draft rather than trade away picks for a position that doesn't really need help right away. If anything ILB needs more help than OLB. A lot of LB's could be had later that could contribute right away as a situational pass-rusher:

Marcus Smith
Trent Murphy
Dee Ford
James Gayle
Aaron Lynch
Kareem Martin
Scott Crichton Jeremy Attaochu
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Dumbest idea ever. We have needs for starters and depth at ILB, CB, S, and WR, as well as developing future starters at DE and OL.

Skuta and Lemonier performed pretty well during Smith's absence last season. You don't need a top 3 pick when you need to play productive players. Get a guy in the 3rd round (we have 3 picks!) to throw in the mix.

Originally posted by GEEK:
Dumbest idea ever. We have needs for starters and depth at ILB, CB, S, and WR, as well as developing future starters at DE and OL.

Skuta and Lemonier performed pretty well during Smith's absence last season. You don't need a top 3 pick when you need to play productive players. Get a guy in the 3rd round (we have 3 picks!) to throw in the mix.

This Skuta and Lemonier did great while Aldon was on leave if anything draft Marcus Smith in the 3rd
Here we go again...seems everyone outside (and even some inside) the Bay Area thinks Baalke has to change his draft board and take an OLB pass rusher early. It's possible, but not necessarily as early as some would advocate. Despite his problems, Culliver will likely still play this season. Aldon may get suspended...for how long nobody knows. And we diehards know there's quality depth behind those guys. Baalke will likely acquire a vet or draft some more depth...how he'll do that and who he'll get we just don't know. There's so much conjecture about what players he'll draft and/or sign through FA or via trade...truth is, nobody but he and Harbaugh have a real clue what they'll do. All the rest is just guessing out loud.
Just recently made an account but have constantly read people's posts on here over the years. What about possibly drafting Michael Sam in the later rounds? SEC DPOY and his expertise seemed to be rushing the passer. Not to mention he comes from our pass rushing pipeline of Missouri. Just a thought.
Originally posted by dompernick53:
Just recently made an account but have constantly read people's posts on here over the years. What about possibly drafting Michael Sam in the later rounds? SEC DPOY and his expertise seemed to be rushing the passer. Not to mention he comes from our pass rushing pipeline of Missouri. Just a thought.

Slow, unathletic with short arms and lousy strength. No thanks
No thank you. Barr would not be the elite player Aldon is and we could actually get a player than might be just as good or better in the 2nd round. Barr lacks the upper body strength that you want in a typical 3-4 OLB and I'm not a fan of him there.

Aldon will get suspended, and who knows if they try to bring him back in 2015. But the 49ers are better served getting pass rushers later. I think we go after Marcus Smith or Jeremiah Attachou in the 2nd-3rd, and consider some other options later.
Share 49ersWebzone