There are 194 users in the forums

Happy Easter Mock Draft (3 Weeks Out)

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jbniner:
Originally posted by DeUh:
Breeland as our slot corner ?

Probably better served on the outside since he has the size and physicality to play press. But I think he has enough speed and quickness to play in the slot. Plus he is tall, but not too tall. Not all slot corners have to be 5'9". The moral of the story is he is a solid all around corner, which is what I think we should be looking for in drafting a CB. After all, we need outside guys too. Looking for a slot only CB is pretty limiting.

I think he does not have the quickness nor the speed to cover someone like Harvin. Not on tape and not in the drills ( 40 Yrd 4.62, 10 Yrd 1.61, Shuttle 4.33, 3-Cone 7.04 ) He also struggles to get a good jam on the receiver at the LOS. Especially against a quicker one like Harvin.

I would prefer Phillip Gaines here for example.

Beckham and Attaochu are
I think he does not have the quickness nor the speed to cover someone like Harvin. Not on tape and not in the drills ( 40 Yrd 4.62, 10 Yrd 1.61, Shuttle 4.33, 3-Cone 7.04 ) He also struggles to get a good jam on the receiver at the LOS. Especially against a quicker one like Harvin.

Beckham and Attaochu are

First, thanks for the feedback. I agree with you that he is not an ideal slot guy, and that he is better suited to the outside. But one reason I mocked him over someone like Verrett is I think he is a little more multi-dimensional. Because we have CB needs across our scheme, I think there is good value in someone like Breeland.

I'm also glad you like the Beckham and Attaochu picks. Lets hope we get some good ones in 3 weeks!
[ Edited by Jbniner on Apr 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM ]
I like this mock a lot actually. I could see this happening.
3, almost 4 (!), LSU Tigers!!! I love it!
1 of the few mocks that seem like somthing the 9ers would do rather then what the guy making the mock would do. Realistic and well spread at positions not drafting 5 WR/CB this is my favriote mock thus far.
Breeland as our slot corner ?

That's where Morris comes in
quote=DeUh]I think he does not have the quickness nor the speed to cover someone like Harvin. Not on tape and not in the drills ( 40 Yrd 4.62, 10 Yrd 1.61, Shuttle 4.33, 3-Cone 7.04 ) He also struggles to get a good jam on the receiver at the LOS. Especially against a quicker one like Harvin.

Beckham and Attaochu are

Beckham reminds me a lot of Crabtree he's not real fast but he's elusive as f**k, I love me some P. Gaines
[ Edited by Since07 on Apr 18, 2014 at 1:36 PM ]
this would be amazing
Nice mock. Another way to go would be to trade back to 37-38, pick up an extra 3rd rd pick and draft Attaochu. If Tuitt is still on the board take a 2nd and 3rd and trade back up and draft him as well. That would leave us with 2 premier defensive players plus a 2nd, three 3rds and a 4th rd pick to add CB's and Wr's. We could add 2 WR's, 2 CB's a safety and an OL and still have a 5th and three 7th's left to draft a return man or some pup list guys or a prospect that fell to us we like.
Share 49ersWebzone