LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Happy Easter Mock Draft (3 Weeks Out)

Happy Easter Mock Draft (3 Weeks Out)

1(30): trade w/ 3(94) for #21: WR/KR Odell Beckham Jr. (The Niners are arguably one player away on offense, and that player is Desean Jackson, Emmanuel Sanders, Julian Edelman. Well, it wasn't them, but now we know what the Niners are looking for and it is Beckham. Coming out of a tough conference, Beckham is a polished speedster with great hands. He has more size and kick return flash than Cooks, and more speed than Lee. In short, he is the ideal complement to Crabtree and Boldin. As to the trade, #19-#21 is the perfect target zone. It is not overly cost prohibitive, and it allows the Niners to cut in front of teams like the Eagles, Chiefs, Saints, and Panthers. Watch him destroy Miss. St.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cjvErKu35g
Backup pick: Marqise Lee

2(56): CB Bashaud Breeland (The Niners know the CB value in this draft is in 2nd – 3rd rounds. More pro-ready than someone like Desir, and less hype than someone like Fuller, Breeland has the size, physicality, and ability to play in the slot or outside. He is also a good special teams player. Check him out against Syracuse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJuuMKLSOCo
Backup pick: Pierre Desir

2(61): trade w/ 3(77) for #38: OLB/DE Jeremiah Attaochu (Pure pass rush gold. Whether you think Aldon is a lost cause, Brooks is too old, or you just want the Niners to stockpile filthy dangerous weapons, Attaochu is your guy. Long arms, an insane motor, and a taste for QB blood, Attaochu is a perfect fit for our 3-4 D. A first round pick most years, we get a great value in the early 2nd. Watch him terrorize recent mock draft inamorata, Tom Savage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XtN0RGOl6s
Backup pick: None. Attaochu is a singular beast.

3(77): traded (Attaochu)
3(94): traded (Beckham)

3c(100): S/CB Marqueston Huff (Loston has been my safety of choice for most of the off-season. But after getting a chance to look at Huff more closely, man is this guy impressive. Extremely fast, he is good in both run support and coverage. He isn't afraid to lay the wood, and has solid ball-hawking skills. He has also played CB, so he brings some real flexibility here. It's always funny when a player's highlights aren't set to rap: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TWd7En8-m0 Backup pick: Craig Loston

4: OG Seantrel Henderson (Alex Boone Part 2. Henderson is a beast of a man. Shows tremendous talent and promise, but injuries and some minor off-field issues have held him back and depressed his stock. I love his motor for a guy of his size. Henderson and Boone on either side of center would be an awesome sight. The Niners are reportedly looking into him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_BLti2jqiM Backup pick: undecided

5: ILB Lamin Barrow (There is a lot to like about Barrow. He is a high character guy and team captain from a strong defensive program at LSU. While there is some concern about his size and speed, he shows solid reliable play, and can contribute on special teams). Backup pick: Preston Brown

5: trade LaMichael James and 7th for a 5th: QB Logan Thomas (With Gabbert signed short term and MCBLT not a real option, the Niners are looking for a rookie QB to groom as the backup. Thomas would be the prototypical backup to Kaep. He has the size, speed, and arm, now he needs the Harbaugh! Definitely a little erratic, and needs work, but he may be a worthwhile project in the 5th). Backup pick: David Fales

6: traded (Gabbert)
7: traded (Thomas)

7: RB Alfred Blue (With Dixon gone and James likely being traded, we need some depth at RB. The draft has plenty of good RB talent and we can likely snag someone late. Blue is a great candidate. His numbers aren't as gaudy as some of the other guys because he played behind one of the top RB's in the draft. But he is a solid back with terrific size, soft hands, and all around talent). Backup pick: Isaiah Crowell

7: C/OG Corey Linsley (Team captain at Ohio State and good character guy, Linsley would provide competition for Kilgore and some flexibility at OG). Backup pick: Tyler Larson
I would just stay put at pick #30 and hope either Cooks or Beckham are there if you plan on going receiver. If neither are there, then I would go and snag the best corner. If you don't like any of the corners at that slot, then I would either take DE Stephon Tuitt or just trade back. This is a deep draft at receiver, so I wouldn't trade up for one, especially now since we already have Lloyd, Patton, and Baldwin competing for the third spot. Combine that with our history of drafting receivers and I would be hesitant to give up picks to trade up for one.

I would just wait until our pick and take the best player available. We can still draft some very talented receivers in rounds 2-4. You have guys like Moncrief, Latimer, Richardson, Archer, Herron, Ellington, etc. I don't think the corner depth in this draft is as deep and see it as more of a priority right now. I'm not high on Breeland.
Probably my favorite realistic mock I have seen yet! Could be because you took my main draft crush Beckham...think he will be a stud! Didn't sell the farm for any single player or overdraft any one particular position...just added solid talent at many positions...well done!
[ Edited by MTninerfan on Apr 18, 2014 at 7:47 AM ]
Great Mock ...Like it
id be blue if we drafted alfred
I love the first pick, and like the next two.

Can't say I am a fan of the Huff (value) or Henderson (player) picks. Rather meh on the QB choice... rather Fales, Shaw, or Mathews there.
Overall, very good mock. Only issue I have is WRT Beckham...the WR(s) Baalke drafts have to be more than a compliment to Crabtree & Boldin. They should be picked based on their ability to replace them. With Crabtree entering the final year of his rookie contract, there's absolutely no guarantee he'll re-sign. Boldin's only signed for 2 yrs. Patton should play a much more significant role in the passing attack this year. So, for me, it'd make more sense to draft a bigger WR who has comparable speed to Beckham...like Matthews, Moncrief, Adams, Bryant, etc. There are other guys who can return kicks. I'm also not confident Baalke will draft a WR with his first pick. I think it'll be a CB, but we won't know 'til May 8th.
Impressive mock. Well thought out. Beckham will be the first pick. Baalke's draft crush!
[ Edited by 60sFan on Apr 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM ]
Love this draft....you grabbed some of my favorite players in Beckham and JA! My only change would be grabbing another WR in the 4 and I really don't see the need for a backup QB ( maybe grab a undrafted prospect). We might be able to get Breeland in 3rd, so maybe grab a bigger Cb like McGill in the 2nd?
Good draft.

About the right place for Beckham. Not the WR I'm looking for but he'll be a good player.
Like Breeland, Attachou.

Henderson is going to be a starter on some team once he gets some fine tuning.

Very nice. Getting Beckham to fulfill the "DeSean Jackson" role in our offense and on special teams would be great. Attaochu is my draft crush now that Aldon has completely lost his mind.

Don't know about Henderson though. Rest of the draft is strong.
Good solid mock
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Overall, very good mock. Only issue I have is WRT Beckham...the WR(s) Baalke drafts have to be more than a compliment to Crabtree & Boldin. They should be picked based on their ability to replace them. With Crabtree entering the final year of his rookie contract, there's absolutely no guarantee he'll re-sign. Boldin's only signed for 2 yrs. Patton should play a much more significant role in the passing attack this year. So, for me, it'd make more sense to draft a bigger WR who has comparable speed to Beckham...like Matthews, Moncrief, Adams, Bryant, etc. There are other guys who can return kicks. I'm also not confident Baalke will draft a WR with his first pick. I think it'll be a CB, but we won't know 'til May 8th.

Beckham WOULD be a compliment to them because he has something they don't....SPEED!! It's not a compliment to their game if they have the exact same skill set. And Patton IS one of replacement options for those two....not blazing speed but had great hands and can get open aka possession receiver. We can get another receiver in the late rounds to groom into another replacement but I think it would be smart to trade up and get a burner with good hands in Beckham. It's been said by me and many others before but we need that speed guy to open up the field underneath for the running game and possession receivers! If we get a bunch of the slow possession receivers defenses will continue to get their hands on them and crowd the box. Also, none of the guys you listed are as fast as Beckham...and if James leaves we will need a KR.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Breeland as our slot corner ?
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 18, 2014 at 11:22 AM ]
Originally posted by DeUh:
Breeland as our slot corner ?

Probably better served on the outside since he has the size and physicality to play press. But I think he has enough speed and quickness to at least compete at the slot. He is tall, but not too tall, and he has good quickness. But the moral of the story is he is a solid all around corner, which is what I think we should be looking for in drafting a CB.
[ Edited by Jbniner on Apr 18, 2014 at 11:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone