There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What player in the 2014 draft is most like Percy Harvin, Desean Jackson or Tavon Austin?

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
For those advocating for Archer...do you really believe a small guy like him would survive in the NFL, especially the NFC West? I'd opt for Ellington, Cooks or Herron who all pack 15-20 lbs more muscle on their short frames. Cooks at 4.33, Ellington at 4.45 and Herron at 4.48 are all quick enough to gain separation, but stout enough to take the pounding.

Desean Jackson 5'10 175 pounds

Ty Hilton 5'10 183 pounds 7 reps on the bench

Tavon Austin 5'9 174 pounds 14 reps on the bench

Dri Archer 5'8 173 pounds 20 reps on the bench

So Archer is a whole two inches shorter than Jackson and Hilton and one inch shorter than Austin. Yet he weighs 10 pounds or less than all those guys. They say an inch is roughly equal to 10 more pounds. So hypothetically speaking if he were the same height as Jackson and Hilton, he'd be about 10-20 more pounds than both of those guys. Not to mention he is significantly stronger than all of them and has experience taking a pounding from playing running back. No concerns with his size at all.
Brandin Cooks, fastest, best hands and route running compared to all other WRs this year.
Brandin Cooks

/thread
Brandin Cooks

49ers need this kid so badly has all the attributes the play on 2:23

So pumped close this thread NOW!
Cooks and Richardson
I would love to have Cooks.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Desean Jackson 5'10 175 pounds

Ty Hilton 5'10 183 pounds 7 reps on the bench

Tavon Austin 5'9 174 pounds 14 reps on the bench

Dri Archer 5'8 173 pounds 20 reps on the bench

So Archer is a whole two inches shorter than Jackson and Hilton and one inch shorter than Austin. Yet he weighs 10 pounds or less than all those guys. They say an inch is roughly equal to 10 more pounds. So hypothetically speaking if he were the same height as Jackson and Hilton, he'd be about 10-20 more pounds than both of those guys. Not to mention he is significantly stronger than all of them and has experience taking a pounding from playing running back. No concerns with his size at all.

I'd say an inch is closer to 5 pounds than 10 pounds if we're talking about receivers. Benjamin is portrayed as fat at 6'5 240 and that would be the equivalent of 5'8 150 if we go with 1"=10 lbs. At 5 pounds per inch, he would be 5'8 194 which is getting heavy and probably the equivalent for that height. I think Archer could stand to gain some weight but he doesn't need to be 185 at his height. Ellington is 5'9 197 which is solid for a receiver and still very explosive.
It's not linear either 1 inch may be the equivalent of 4 pounds for someone Archer's size and 6 for someone Benjamin's size. Hilton at 5'10 183 is definitely more solid than Archer at 5'8 173. I've never heard 10 pounds is the equivalent of an inch - maybe for sumo wrestlers.
Cooks or Beckham in the first or Herron or Ellington later.
cooks
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
It's not linear either 1 inch may be the equivalent of 4 pounds for someone Archer's size and 6 for someone Benjamin's size. Hilton at 5'10 183 is definitely more solid than Archer at 5'8 173. I've never heard 10 pounds is the equivalent of an inch - maybe for sumo wrestlers.

It's between 6-10 pounds for every inch and higher when you're talking professional athletes who put on more muscle mass than the average person. Definitely not only 4 pounds. For women it's roughly 5 pounds per inch. LOL Hilton is not more solid than Archer. Give Archer another couple inches and he's packing on 15 more pounds at least.

Oh and Benjamin isn't fat just because he's 240 lol. By that logic, Calvin Johnson is fat as well. Benjamin is fat with a gut because his body fat % is high.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Apr 18, 2014 at 2:49 PM ]
And regardless of who's more built or more solid, they are so similar and close that it's a moot point. It proves that if these other 'tiny' guys can be successful in the NFL, than so can Archer. That was my whole point. But Archer is stronger and more built than those guys
Sammy Watkins but as we all know he be long gone..... Nobody
else compares but we need that type of player n Benjamin I'd be happy
Just feel they have change in draft plans now cause of fools like cully and
Smith... 😡😡.. Excited to see hat happens 20 more days!
Cooks
Ellington
Archer
OBJ