LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

SPEED KILLS - Lache Seastrunk - Baylor

Man, this guy is so fast, he deserves a thread of his own:

The kid definitely has some wheels! I like his elusiveness, too. Not sure what the team plans to do at RB, though. We seem to be pretty deep there currently, but I do know they're at least looking at some guys.
I've met this guy.
Went to college with him, bit of a nutcase (in a good way) but overall a nice guy.
VERY talented, that great combo of power/speed we look for
Definitely part of the all name team ... it is a funky one.
Great call, OP. Seastrunk is my favorite RB in the draft.
Sold. Could we get him in the 4th?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Sold. Could we get him in the 4th?

Most projections see him as a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Any chance he can return kicks or punts?

Would be nice to put that speed to use on special teams as well as offence....
Lache Seastrunk!

Seriously? Wow, we have to draft this guy!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Without doubt my RB pick in this draft !! Earlier I didn't want to say too much about this guy cos people would think I was nuts wanting to draft a RB, but fingers crossed it looks like my wish might just be coming true if we can finally offload LMJ plus the 9ers are already meeting with RBs.

Imagine this, we draft Seastrunk and have him paired up with Lattimore. Man, that would be a super dynamic RB duo going forward for our backfield into the future !!

I could see him going in the 2nd or 3rd. He looks a lot like Charles. Even if we trade James I don't see us taking a RB that high. Maybe 4th round or later. I don't see how he would fit in with Gore, Lattimore and Hunter. He wouldn't get enough carries and wouldn't be utilized ala James. We are probably going to be looking at a ST/4th RB/short yardage guy more than a featured back.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I've met this guy.
Went to college with him, bit of a nutcase (in a good way) but overall a nice guy.

Met him a few times as well through mutual friends. He is a very humble guy, easy going, and a great athlete. Would love from Latti and Strunk to be the future of this backfield.
For the running backs, he was 1st at the combine with a 41.5 inch vertical.

He was also 1st at the combine with the broad jump at 11'2"

Those 2 results screams explosive athlete.

As for the 40 yard dash, he didn't do as well as I thought he would with a 4.51. He didn't perform the Cone and shuttle. Not sure if he got hurt at the combine or not.
[ Edited by kronik on Apr 18, 2014 at 11:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I've met this guy.

Met him a few times as well through mutual friends. He is a very humble guy, easy going, and a great athlete. Would love from Latti and Strunk to be the future of this backfield.

Very coo! Agreed
When ive seen this guy play.. He bring Lesean McCoy to mind.. guy is dangerous to opposing defenses with ball in his hands.
[ Edited by DeHubb on Apr 18, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone