There are 156 users in the forums

Idaho's Final mock of the offseason

Originally posted by GorefullBore:
With the character issues of late do we really want Roby around Cully and Aldon?

We have two players that have been idiots. Two. Kap is just the medias whipping boy and they will drag him through the mud any way they can. We have a locker room full of guys that are high character. Im not that worried about it.

Sure our image looks a bit shaky at this point, but 90% of the issues have been with Aldon.

We have brought in several players over the last few seasons that had character issues/concerns through FA, and they have all kept their noses clean.
Originally posted by sf_nicoya:
roby 1st after whats going on with aldon, culliver, etc.? no thanks man cant have anymore knuckleheads on this team.

Who is etc?

Cully, and Aldon. Thats it. Two players on an entire roster.

This locker room, alternative to pop cultures view of it, is very high character.
That's two and you want to add another...

Imagine the two cornerbacks, roby and culliver, hanging out together in their free time. oh the possibilities...
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 15, 2014 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by CWin4949:
I suck at mock drafts and I don't like to be negative to people but this mock is very under whelming, it would continue this pattern of off season failures IMO.

Thanks for your input.
That's two and you want to add another...

Imagine the two cornerbacks, roby and culliver, hanging out together in their free time. oh the possibilities...

Kinda like how Cully and Wright hang out together getting in all sorts of trouble....

Locker room dynamics are a lot more complicated then you are making them seem.
i love roby from a football perspective. extremely talented with a lot of upside. it's the off the field issues that worry me.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
roby 1st after whats going on with aldon, culliver, etc.? no thanks man cant have anymore knuckleheads on this team.

Who is etc?

Cully, and Aldon. Thats it. Two players on an entire roster.

This locker room, alternative to pop cultures view of it, is very high character.

This.
ADAMS
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
ADAMS

Actually have two Fresno St WR recruits in there. Just for you Sincal.

And to piss off Phoenix.
So this was the last Mock draft i was able to post on these boards.

Health issues, along with added work obligations, and family obligations made me take a couple year hiatus.

I was thinking about posting a mock draft in the upcoming weeks, and thought i would review this one.

How do you think i did now that we are a couple years removed?

So this was the last Mock draft i was able to post on these boards.

Health issues, along with added work obligations, and family obligations made me take a couple year hiatus.

I was thinking about posting a mock draft in the upcoming weeks, and thought i would review this one.

How do you think i did now that we are a couple years removed?

you had good players for sure they all went before where u had them selected tho didn't yhey
Wow dude.. you win the day. I wish this woulda happened.
Originally posted by ChipKelly:

Me too =(

Me too =(

This wouldn't have happened because some of the guys in your mock were taken earlier than where you picked them.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Me too =(

This wouldn't have happened because some of the guys in your mock were taken earlier than where you picked them.

Correct.

Thats why its called a mock draft, and not "reality".

Yes players were drafted higher, but not so much higher that they were out of reach for us. Most of these players were available when we picked one time or another, had we wanted them.

Garoppolo was my biggest reach i believe. I said so at the time. he was my #2 QB behind Carr in the draft, and at the time of this mock draft, still most people had him going in the early third round.

I was arguing he was first round talent.

I even stated "Its highly unlikely Jimmy is around at this pick, but if he is, he has to be the choice. Anyone who knows me knows i have been extremely high on this kid for a LONG time. He becomes the backup QB, and in two years time, likely nets first round compensation in trade value. If he is gone i could see harbs having freedom to select his QB here, especially after picking up an extra pick from the first round trade."

What sort of comp are the pats looking for for Garoppolo these days?

I still say it was a solid mock. We cant all be, and im certainly not Maddog for christ sakes. Give me a little credit at least....
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Jan 7, 2017 at 7:44 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone