LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Idaho's Final mock of the offseason

Here it is. Take it or leave it, love it or hate it.

First round - #30 overall- 49ers trade with the Oakland Raiders(or another mid second round trading partner)- Raiders receive #30- 49ers receive Oaklands 2nd(#42) round pick, and 4th(#112) round pick.

With the first round pick, i see the 49ers going one of two ways. They will move from the spot IMO, either in a trade up, or a trade back. In this mock i decided to trade back. I think there is good potential for value in a trade down in this years draft if a number of factors play out and a QB or two slips, or someone falls in love with a QB and thinks they need to get into the first to target them.

Second round- #42 Overall (from the Oakland Raiders)- Bradley Roby - CB- 5-11, 192- rJR- Ohio State

This may be a bit of a reach, But If Roby falls here, this is a no brainer pick. Roby fills a need position and is BPA at this spot. A kid who was talked about as the best CB going into last season, he fell short of expectations, and didnt handle the pressure of being the face of the defense well. He has all the necessary tools to be a successful CB in the NFL, he just needs to put it all together mentally. Has an edge to him, doesnt shy from run support, has speed, and fairly good instincts in coverage. He just needs to put it all together for 4 quarters. With the 49ers the supporting cast is all in place for this guy to succeed, and i think he would make a great addition to the 49ers.

Second round – #56 overall (from the Kansas City Chiefs)Davante Adams- WR- Fresno St.- 6-2, 216 rSO

The opinions on Davante seem to be split down the middle. One camp sees him as a product of Fresno States Passing offense. The other argues that his production and ability to fight for and find jump balls inflated Fresno States passing numbers. No measurables that jump off the charts, just pure production. One thing is for certain, this guy put up some insane production at Fresno State, and having seen him play in person, i can honestly say he looks the part in person. A lot of people dont know this about Davante, but he only started playing football as a junior in high school. That means he has played 4 years football TOTAL in his entire career. The sky is the limit for Davante, and i would love to see him in a 49er uniform.

Second round – #61 overall- Deone Bucannon- SS- 6-1, 215- SR- Washington State

Bucannon has had a solid off season and has increased hsi draft stock from where many had him pegged headed into the off season. A physical S with an imposing build. Bucannon still has a lot to work on as far as technique, and vision, especially when it comes to tackling, he is a big play or a big wiff waiting to happen. With some insurance in front of him, he makes a good choice for a developmental S at this spot, and in a year or two should be ready to rock.

Third round – #77 overall (from the Tennessee Titans) Pierre Desir- CB- Lindenwood- 6-1, 198 SR

The Haitian born, ex soccer player was one of the surprise prospects of this years senior bowl. The small school prospect has a impressive 25 INTs in his college career. He offers size, athleticism and ball skills that will be intriguing to teams. In college he relied mostly on pure ability and will need to work on technique, as well as run support and tackling in the NFL.

Third round – #94 overall- Jimmy Garoppolo-(or insert another QB for Harbs) QB, 6-2, 222, Sr, Eastern Illinois

Its highly unlikely Jimmy is around at this pick, but if he is, he has to be the choice. Anyone who knows me knows i have been extremely high on this kid for a LONG time. He becomes the backup QB, and in two years time, likely nets first round compensation in trade value. If he is gone i could see harbs having freedom to select his QB here, especially after picking up an extra pick from the first round trade.

Third round – #100 overall (compensatory) Dakota Dozier- OG- Furman- 6-4, 312- rSr

Have had this kid in every mock i have done this off season, and it doesnt change here. I actually had him in my first mock done before the college football season had even ended. He has moved from the 7th round(not where i felt his value was) to where he is now. Im in love with this kid, and here we select Iupati's replacement. I see Dakota as having first round talent so the value is hard to pass up here.

Fourth Round- #112 overall(from the Oakland Raiders)- Travis Swanson- C- Arkansas 6-5, 312 SR

I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but i feel we should add some competition at C. Im not sold on Kilgore personally, so we add a C in Swanson, that should be capable of battling in camp with Kilgore, and adds strengths at the position that we ask for in our system.

Fourth round – #129 overall - Preston Brown- ILB- Louisville 6-1 251- Sr

With Navarro out likely at least a half season, the 49ers will likely look to reinforce and insure the position. Brown was brought in for an interview, and may be a solid option for an insurance policy to Bowman's injury. The highly productive Brown with long arms (33 1/2), had 14 tackles for a loss and 5 sacks last season.

Fifth round - #170 overall- Jalen Saunders- WR- 5-9, 157- Sr- Oklahoma

Originally recruited by Fresno State, Jalen Transferred to Oklahoma after a Head coaching change, thinking he would see more opportunities in Oklahoma. In hindsight, it was probably a poor decision for the Sophomore who had 80 receptions for 1527 yards and 17 all purpose TD's in his first two years in Fresno. Still putting up respectful numbers at Oklahoma Jalen had 123 receptions, 1558 yards and 11 TD's. Jalen is a shifty quick WR, with enough speed to take the top off, and the ability to take it the distance from anywhere on the field. He also adds ST value. His size may be concerning for some, but he has been durable his entire career, never missing a game to injury.

Seventh round – #242 overall (from the New Orleans Saints)Gator Hoskins- FB- 6-2, 242, Sr, Marshall

Nothing can be said about this kid that i haven't already said. He has been a draft crush of mine for a very long time, and would make a great late round addition. This is our Delanie replacement, and i wouldn't be surprised if he made the biggest offensive impact year one out of any of the draft pics. A true swiss army knife that has done nothing other than elevate his game consistently, and he has a knack for getting it done when it counts, and stepping in with the big play.

Seventh round – #243 overall (from the Carolina Panthers)Ben Gardner- DE- Stanford- 6-4, 277, Sr

Another developmental project that has gained some hype since his pro day. He makes sense here for the 49ers. Perfect project for Tomsula to work his magic on.

Seventh round – #245 overall- Christian Bryant- S- 5-9, 193, Sr, Ohio State

49ers take a flyer here on a developmental safety. Christian is the definition of professional. He has extremly high character and was the vocal leader of the defense. Even after his injury he was a leader in the locker room. What Christian lacks in measurables and technique, he makes up for with heart and mind. He would make for a good developmental S at this pick.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:52 PM ]
If we drop back out of rd 1 a total of 12 slots we will want more than a 4th rd pick. That move would probably garner a 2nd rd pick on 2015.
we moved back 6 slots from early rd 2 last year and got a 3rd rd pick. This is a drop back twice as far and starting in the 1st rd. Minimum two 3rd rd picks.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
If we drop back out of rd 1 a total of 12 slots we will want more than a 4th rd pick. That move would probably garner a 2nd rd pick on 2015.
we moved back 6 slots from early rd 2 last year and got a 3rd rd pick. This is a drop back twice as far and starting in the 1st rd. Minimum two 3rd rd picks.

i admit, im not very good with draft slot value charts or anything like that, and typically they dont hold up anyways. I went for a trade that could potentially be realistic, without over valuing the pick. It certainly could be argued that i undervalued our pick in the trade.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

i admit, im not very good with draft slot value charts or anything like that, and typically they dont hold up anyways. I went for a trade that could potentially be realistic, without over valuing the pick. It certainly could be argued that i undervalued our pick in the trade.
It happens. I like the mock.

Baalke is very good at getting value in trades, he usually gets the better end of it. Last year we moved back 6 slots in rd 2 and gained a 3rd rd pick. Then we moved back up 4 slots later in rd 2 and payed a 6th rd pick. If we move back from rd 1 he will get us value for the move.
not a fan dude. I like Deone Buchanon and maybe Adams but the rest is Q?
I Like it.

I am certain we draft Desir next month. I'm literally willing to bet $100.00. 3 to 1 odds. Any takers? He just has Baalke written all over him.
With the character issues of late do we really want Roby around Cully and Aldon?
I suck at mock drafts and I don't like to be negative to people but this mock is very under whelming, it would continue this pattern of off season failures IMO.
I think based on the talk of teams not drafting QB's high in the 1st, we might be able to get some real good value from the qb needy teams! I would have liked a pass rusher in the 2nd maybe in Bucannon's spot? Also like you said I highly doubt Garoppolo will be there in the 3rd, if so then we should grab him... maybe grab another WR in the 3rd (instead of a QB)?

I like all the players you named and a trade down scenario seems to make sense

I'd hope Baalke would get someone other than Roby...he's been inconsistent and he has short arms. I'd take Verrett over Roby...JV's short, but is a real baller, something I don't see as much in Roby. Other options would be some longer-armed CB's like Breeland (whom Baalke likes a lot) or Dontae Johnson. #42 could also be a good spot to grab Jordan Matthews, if he's the WR they like more than Adams.

I like Desir and Bucannon. Garappolo would be a good pick, but he's probably gone by then. I'm thinking Harbaugh likes Logan Thomas.

Never heard of Dozier...he might be good, but your statement about him replacing Iupati seems odd given Harbaugh has Looney, Seymour and Martin.

Same deal w/C...Baalke might draft a guy who has experience at both C & OG, but likely for competition/depth. I'll be amazed if Kilgore's not our starting C.

I like Preston Brown. I see he's one of the guys visiting, too.

Saunders is really small. Robert Herron would be a better option, although he's probably an earlier pick. He's a lot more stout, yet is very quick.
Adams, Desir, Dozier, Garoppolo, and Swanson are good picks.

Trading back, Bucannon, Saunders (for OUR scheme?), Preston Brown (too early for him) are not too pleasing.

... and I the Ben Gardner selection, but really don't think he falls beyond the 5th.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd hope Baalke would get someone other than Roby...he's been inconsistent and he has short arms. I'd take Verrett over Roby...JV's short, but is a real baller, something I don't see as much in Roby. Other options would be some longer-armed CB's like Breeland (whom Baalke likes a lot) or Dontae Johnson. #42 could also be a good spot to grab Jordan Matthews, if he's the WR they like more than Adams.

I like Desir and Bucannon. Garappolo would be a good pick, but he's probably gone by then. I'm thinking Harbaugh likes Logan Thomas.

Never heard of Dozier...he might be good, but your statement about him replacing Iupati seems odd given Harbaugh has Looney, Seymour and Martin.

Same deal w/C...Baalke might draft a guy who has experience at both C & OG, but likely for competition/depth. I'll be amazed if Kilgore's not our starting C.

I like Preston Brown. I see he's one of the guys visiting, too.

Saunders is really small. Robert Herron would be a better option, although he's probably an earlier pick. He's a lot more stout, yet is very quick.

I would take Dozier as Iupati's replacement over all those guys you listed. Like i said, i love the kid, and think he has first round talent. He has risen from obscurity and the unknown, and elevated himself into the mid rounds of the draft. If you dont know who he is, you soon will. I think he will be a pro bowl caliber G at the next level.

As for Herron, Im just not a fan. Its as simple as that. I watched him play quite a bit, and i think he is mostly hype personally. I wont go any further than that here, but my opinion of him are documented in other threads.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Adams, Desir, Dozier, Garoppolo, and Swanson are good picks.

Trading back, Bucannon, Saunders (for OUR scheme?), Preston Brown (too early for him) are not too pleasing.

... and I the Ben Gardner selection, but really don't think he falls beyond the 5th.

Thats a good posibility after his pro day, but i still think for us, 7th round is about right. He would be a pretty big project in our system. I dont think i would spend a 5th on him at this point. If he fell to the last round he would be worth snagging.
roby 1st after whats going on with aldon, culliver, etc.? no thanks man cant have anymore knuckleheads on this team.
[ Edited by sf_nicoya on Apr 15, 2014 at 9:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone