There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taking a stand!

• nj9er
  • Veteran
He went from shooting off assault rifles to drunk driving to taking a verbal jab at TSA. Ask me he's getting better. That's progress most people's criminal incidents get worse.
Tell them they can have Kap, Culliver and Aldon Smith for:

Tom Brady, Aqib Talib, their best pass rusher and a 1st round pick.
  • DeUh
Originally posted by nj9er:
He went from shooting off assault rifles to drunk driving to taking a verbal jab at TSA. Ask me he's getting better. That's progress most people's criminal incidents get worse.

Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

did you miss free agency?
Give them Aldon, hes facing a suspension and will want a monster contract anyways.

Aqib went to the broncos... Lol
Tell Belichick to go EAD, cheating mofo. He can't have Aldon.

Even if Talib were still on the Pats, that would be an ABSOLUTE horrible trade for us. Get rid of a young quarterback with potential through the roof, the best pass rusher in the game, and a very talented corner for an old immobile quarterback close to retirement, a very good corner, and one first round pick.

Culliver has the potential to be as good as Talib and or even better. Call me crazy, but I truly believe that if he comes back 100% from his injury, he can be one of the better corners in this league.

At this point Kap and his potential>>> what Tom Brady has left, Most will say that Talib> Culliver but like I said I believe Culliver has the potential to be greater, and Aldon>>>>> any first round pick.
I like this offseason thread. Keep the suggestions coming.

BTW, i would seriously consider it for NEs 1st, 2nd this year, 1st next year, and Dont'a Hightower.

The value of draft picks is rising extremely fast. We would have so many picks and so much draft capital, we could buy whoever we wanted!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

Even if Talib were still on the Pats, that would be an ABSOLUTE horrible trade for us. Get rid of a young quarterback with potential through the roof, the best pass rusher in the game, and a very talented corner for an old immobile quarterback close to retirement, a very good corner, and one first round pick.

Culliver has the potential to be as good as Talib and or even better. Call me crazy, but I truly believe that if he comes back 100% from his injury, he can be one of the better corners in this league.

At this point Kap and his potential>>> what Tom Brady has left, Most will say that Talib> Culliver but like I said I believe Culliver has the potential to be greater, and Aldon>>>>> any first round pick.

I don't know. If we got a top CB, a good pass rusher, Tom Brady AND a 1st round pick it might be worth it. Maybe Brady only has 3-4 years left but how many Superbowls could we win in the next 3-4 years with him? Culliver may have potential but a top CB is potential already realised. Add a pass rusher for Smith and a 1st round pick which we could use on another top DL or pass rusher like a Stephen Tuitt and we would be favored to win Superbowls for the next 3-4 years. We would have 3-4 years to develop a QB of the future while winning Superbowls now.

And we wouldn't have to worry about the next arrest. You assume we have seen the worst from Aldon Smith but a top pass rusher plus a 1st rd pick may look pretty good if he gets arrested for shooting someone in a couple of months. You would have thought having to sit out a bunch of games and go to rehab might have been a wake up call for him after his previous bouts with DUI's and weapons charges but it wasn't. He still hasn't learned anything. What's next? Like all 49er fans I pray nothing but I am not betting my life on it. If i were betting on if this would be his last brush in with the law my bet would be no, there is more to come.

Culliver is coming off a major injury and in his contract year and he gets involved in a hit and run and then turns into a thug? Imagine you had been away from work with an illness and your contract was coming up and if you could prove that you could still do your job you would be in for a 500%-800% raise. Would you be smoking weed in the break room or sexually harrasing your assistant? Hell no. You would be on your best behavior.

I like Kap and he has great potential but it could be argued Brady is better right now. We were 2 Kyle Williams punt muffs away from the superbowl with Alex Smith 2 years ago. If we can win with Smith and then with Kap what could we do with Brady? Do you think he would have thrown that last pick in Seattle to end our season? A fade pattern to a receiver covered step for step by a taller CB who is also a pro bowl player. Kap never should have thrown that pass. What scares me is he thinks he did the right thing. He stated something like I had Crabtree 1 on 1 and I will take that everytime. 1 on 1 is great but not when you are covered step for step by a pro bowl CB. Not only did Kap throw the pick that ended our season but he didn't even learn from it which is a little scary.

Like all 49er fans I will pray Culliver sees this as a wake up call, comes back from the injury and plays up to his potential. Aldon Smith finally takes his head out of his ass and we are done with the arrests and rehabs and he becomes a professional. You would think playing side by side with a real pro like Justin Smith all these years might have rubbed off on him. And I pray that Kap becomes a complete QB that can beat you with his ability to read defenses, find open receivers and be more accurate on touch passes instead of relying on his strong arm, running ability and physical attributes alone to try and win. I will be rooting for all 3 but I am not the only 1 dissapointed that in an offseason when they all have their contracts coming due (on their best behavior) and should be focusing on making the final push to win a Superbowl they are all having brushes with the law. WTF?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

I don't know. If we got a top CB, a good pass rusher, Tom Brady AND a 1st round pick it might be worth it. Maybe Brady only has 3-4 years left but how many Superbowls could we win in the next 3-4 years with him? Culliver may have potential but a top CB is potential already realised. Add a pass rusher for Smith and a 1st round pick which we could use on another top DL or pass rusher like a Stephen Tuitt and we would be favored to win Superbowls for the next 3-4 years. We would have 3-4 years to develop a QB of the future while winning Superbowls now.

And we wouldn't have to worry about the next arrest. You assume we have seen the worst from Aldon Smith but a top pass rusher plus a 1st rd pick may look pretty good if he gets arrested for shooting someone in a couple of months. You would have thought having to sit out a bunch of games and go to rehab might have been a wake up call for him after his previous bouts with DUI's and weapons charges but it wasn't. He still hasn't learned anything. What's next? Like all 49er fans I pray nothing but I am not betting my life on it. If i were betting on if this would be his last brush in with the law my bet would be no, there is more to come.

Culliver is coming off a major injury and in his contract year and he gets involved in a hit and run and then turns into a thug? Imagine you had been away from work with an illness and your contract was coming up and if you could prove that you could still do your job you would be in for a 500%-800% raise. Would you be smoking weed in the break room or sexually harrasing your assistant? Hell no. You would be on your best behavior.

I like Kap and he has great potential but it could be argued Brady is better right now. We were 2 Kyle Williams punt muffs away from the superbowl with Alex Smith 2 years ago. If we can win with Smith and then with Kap what could we do with Brady? Do you think he would have thrown that last pick in Seattle to end our season? A fade pattern to a receiver covered step for step by a taller CB who is also a pro bowl player. Kap never should have thrown that pass. What scares me is he thinks he did the right thing. He stated something like I had Crabtree 1 on 1 and I will take that everytime. 1 on 1 is great but not when you are covered step for step by a pro bowl CB. Not only did Kap throw the pick that ended our season but he didn't even learn from it which is a little scary.

Like all 49er fans I will pray Culliver sees this as a wake up call, comes back from the injury and plays up to his potential. Aldon Smith finally takes his head out of his ass and we are done with the arrests and rehabs and he becomes a professional. You would think playing side by side with a real pro like Justin Smith all these years might have rubbed off on him. And I pray that Kap becomes a complete QB that can beat you with his ability to read defenses, find open receivers and be more accurate on touch passes instead of relying on his strong arm, running ability and physical attributes alone to try and win. I will be rooting for all 3 but I am not the only 1 dissapointed that in an offseason when they all have their contracts coming due (on their best behavior) and should be focusing on making the final push to win a Superbowl they are all having brushes with the law. WTF?

The only thing I read was you're user name, just to make sure it was the same guy that thought Talib was still on the Patriots.
I know many people are having fun with this thread, but you'd have to at least consider it. Aldon will probably demand a monster contract after this season, and with the numerous problems he has had with the law, and still unsolved charges against him, the team has to be very careful with this next contract. The last thing you don't want is a guy making $10 million against the cap sitting in a rehab facility, or in a jail cell.
Originally posted by KID9R:

The only thing I read was you're user name, just to make sure it was the same guy that thought Talib was still on the Patriots.

Then look further. So I didn't keep up on the free agency of the pats. Big woop.

Am I wrong to be concerned about Aldon Smith seeing as we lost him for a bunch of games last year to DUI's, weapons charges and a so called rehab and now he has been arrested again? Or how about Culliver's arrest? He is coming off a major injury and in his contract year. If his career ends now he will need a regular job. IF he gets his act together he's looking at double digit Millions and he does this?
Could of swore Robert Quinn was the best pass rusher in the game... IJS.
I love Aldon but he is replaceable, and he damn sure ain't no CH.
[ Edited by 24plus25er on Apr 14, 2014 at 7:27 PM ]