LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

Poll: Which trade scenario do you prefer?

Poll: Which trade scenario do you prefer?

I think Lawrence would be a great pick...he's "Aldon-like" in that he has long arms, huge hands and has the get-up Smith has. Even if Aldon remains a Niner for some time to come, you can never have too many pass rushers. I don't know that Baalke would need to trade up to get him...he might, but if so, it'd arguably only be a few spots.
As good as clowney is he's no Aldon. Guy is a beast.
I think the Niners really need a blue chip CB prospect this year. There are some really feasible options where Gilbert, Dennard, Roby, Fuller and Verrett could be off the board by 30. I think a move into the teens would give them a choice between 2-3 of those players and a move into the high 20's would be safe to get one.

It is very possible that one of those five will be there at 30, but worse case scenario, I could see 5 cb going in the top 29 picks.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Can we package pick #30 and LMJ to move up in the 1st, then package our lowest 2nd rd pick and Jonathan Baldwin to move up in the 2nd??
Depends who is on the board as the draft ensues. That is why there are so few pre-draft trades.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Can we package pick #30 and LMJ to move up in the 1st, then package our lowest 2nd rd pick and Jonathan Baldwin to move up in the 2nd??

Doubtful James has any trade value, and Baldwin certainly has no value. I think teams know that both guys will be off the roster by the late summer.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Doubtful James has any trade value, and Baldwin certainly has no value. I think teams know that both guys will be off the roster by the late summer.

Dagnabit! We can't find any suckers to bite
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Dagnabit! We can't find any suckers to bite

Its too bad the Eagles traded for Sproles. Reuniting LMJ with Chip Kelly seems like a good fit. Maybe the Niners could ship him to the Saints as a replacement?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
Its too bad the Eagles traded for Sproles. Reuniting LMJ with Chip Kelly seems like a good fit. Maybe the Niners could ship him to the Saints as a replacement?

LMJ would love the Saint's playcalling, I'm sure they'd know how to use him and would probably use him 3 million times more than we can ever dream of.
Originally posted by Butter:

LMJ would love the Saint's playcalling, I'm sure they'd know how to use him and would probably use him 3 million times more than we can ever dream of.

Agree

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Agree

Roman / Harbs
Share 49ersWebzone