LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 147 users in the forums

Poll: Which trade scenario do you prefer?

Poll: Which trade scenario do you prefer?

We've had a lot of threads about Baalke's draft day scenario. What do you want to happen?
We might have to try and trade up for Clowney with Aldon ( I want to be the 2nd coming of Charles Haley) Smith.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
We might have to try and trade up for Clowney with Aldon ( I want to be the 2nd coming of Charles Haley) Smith.

I don't think that would happen because corner is a much bigger need.we have lemonier and skuta who did great last year. I could see us picking someone like Demarcus Lawrence in the third for depth because lemonier would probably take smiths place. I like that name though
[ Edited by 9ertillidie on Apr 14, 2014 at 11:18 AM ]
Trade to the teens.
I like trading down BUT not far [4-5 spots] AND getting a 2nd-3rd for next year.
Trade up into the teens, similar to last year. Will allow us to pick any of the top CBs (Gilbert, Dennard, Roby, Verrett, etc.) and let Baalke/Harbaugh choose their favorite.
No trade. Deep draft. Certain needs which need covering. Why trade?
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

I don't think that would happen because corner is a much bigger need.we have lemonier and skuta who did great last year. I could see us picking someone like Demarcus Lawrence in the third for depth because lemonier would probably take smiths place. I like that name though

The games we lost while Aldon was going through his difficulties cost us home field advantage and in the end the Superbowl. Skuta and Lemonier played well but there is a big difference between playing well and the best pass rusher in the league. Hopefullt Lemonier improves and Tank Carradine can also chip in as an edge rusher on 3rd downs and help make up for him if we lose him but it would be nice if Aldon could simply remove his head from his ass.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally, if Sammy Watkins' available all the way to 5 or 7th pick, I would no doubt trade up to get his talent.

I know about 99% of people here would not agree, but we are NOT in the rebuilding mode.. He can be THAT difference maker to put us on TOP for years to come.
I prefer trading down or out of 30 (for 2015 1st plus something this year) unless a top WR falls into our lap. I don't think the CB's drop off that much from late 1st to mid 2nd, and there are some guys worth the risk in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

I really think Baalke will trade up, though. I think he'll burn a 3rd to grab one of the WR or CB's that slide a little.

I would like to trade our 1st for a future 1st to a team like buffalo. We can still fill our needs with 8-9 picks in this draft. Trade our 5th for a future 4th as well. Then we will be set next year with 2 1sts and 2 4ths, plus a high comp pick. We are going to lose some talented players next year and having 2 1sts with 1 being a potential top 5-10 pick would probably negate our free agent departures. We don't have too many pressing needs this year outside of cornerback. You can still get some talented WRs and CBs in the 2nd and 3rd like Matthews Moncrief Adams Richardson Landry and Fuller Stanley-Jean Verett Roby Mcgill ect..

Take 2 receivers, 2-3 corners, 1 center, 1 safety, 1 lb and maybe another qb and call it a day. We still have the talent to win now and I don't expect our players to miss much time due to this disaster of an off season. Since the draft is loaded I expect it to be more difficult to move up this season compared to last year. I don't think any of the top players in this draft will see very much PT on our roster other than a top corner.
Originally posted by English:
No trade. Deep draft. Certain needs which need covering. Why trade?

If we used every pick a lot of those players won't make the roster. We also have deep depth at a lot of positions.
I get the reasoning that this is a deep draft for WR/CB the postions that we need the most help at but a trade is necessary.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
would be easier to vote on if you gave us who'd we'd pick with each scenario
I would like to have several more options to consider.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I would like to have several more options to consider.

This. It's too hard to answer this poll right now. You have to see how the draft plays out to determine if you want to trade up or down.
Share 49ersWebzone