There are 255 users in the forums

MadDog Master's Edition Big 256 Board- The Whole Enchilada

Originally posted by NCommand:
Without a doubt. It's a very challenging year indeed. Big boards are all over the place this year as a result esp. b/c of so much talent in the 2nd-3rd rounds+.
Arranging QB's is like raking the sea right now. I have been more confident than most that David Carr will be a top ten pick, and he appears to be more likely every day to fit in that range.

As for the wide receivers, the big shocking name on Draft Day Thursday may be Indiana's Latimer at number 22 to the Eagles. Might be willing to go on a limb and put him there in my next board. Debating. Have him at 34 right now.
Always a good idea to keep an eye out on who was invited to the draft. It means the league thinks these thirty invitees all have a chance of being drafted in the first round. The most surprising name is Jordan Matthews, who I believe ends up a mid-late second rounder.

Guys to watch rising as the final two weeks emerges: Joel Bitonio, Cody Latimer, Tom Savage. We might see all of these guys drafted in the first round.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Teams are dumb if they draft Martavis Bryant ahead of Moncrief and Jordan Matthews.

Depends on what each team wants. Matthews is more of a possession receiever, Bryant is a deep threat. Teams have to decide what type of player they want to put on their roster. That being said, I'd take Latimer and Allen Robinson over the group you listed.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Teams are dumb if they draft Martavis Bryant ahead of Moncrief and Jordan Matthews.

Depends on what each team wants. Matthews is more of a possession receiever, Bryant is a deep threat. Teams have to decide what type of player they want to put on their roster. That being said, I'd take Latimer and Allen Robinson over the group you listed.

In terms of pure fit for our team, I think Latimer is overall the best fit. I can't decide who I like more -- Latimer or Moncrief. Both have so much upside it's hard to say who will be the better player. Moncrief's superior speed and quickness off the LOS and ability to beat the press so often is something that would make it very hard for me to pass on. However, in terms of balance, Latimer might overall be the most complete receiver who could be dominant with fine tuning in a few areas.
We know Kap has the big arm and that we need the speed WR but whose going to be catching TDs for us in the red zone area? We need that huge box out rebound type WR as well. Just like Michael Floyd did to SEA in SEA! We've moved the ball but we haven't scored the TDs!
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Apr 24, 2014 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
We know Kap has the big arm and that we need the speed WR but whose going to be catching TDs for us in the red zone area? We need that huge box out rebound type WR as well. Just like Michael Floyd did to SEA in SEA! We've moved the ball but we haven't scored the TDs!

Allen Robinson may be the guy to look at. 6'2 1/2", 42" vertical, tough, and only 20 years old. If the team trades down to accumulate more picks due to a team trying to jump up and grab a QB, maybe Robinson in that 34-42 area wouldn't be a bad call.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In terms of pure fit for our team, I think Latimer is overall the best fit. I can't decide who I like more -- Latimer or Moncrief. Both have so much upside it's hard to say who will be the better player. Moncrief's superior speed and quickness off the LOS and ability to beat the press so often is something that would make it very hard for me to pass on. However, in terms of balance, Latimer might overall be the most complete receiver who could be dominant with fine tuning in a few areas.

Got a feeling we are going to see him gone before our pick. Could be that shock riser that jumps into the top 16 picks. I've got a feeling the Eagles have to be drooling at number 22.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
MadDog last year there were rumors the 49ers wanted to trade up for Sheldon Richardson, instead it was Eric Reid. ESPN, Chris Mortensen said 49ers may trade up to possibly draft Evans. Who do you think the 49ers may be targeting should they find a trade partner? Gilbert?
bump for tomorrow
Share 49ersWebzone