There are 202 users in the forums

MadDog Master's Edition Big 256 Board- The Whole Enchilada

MD, what is your take on C Tyler Larsen, LB Carlos Fields Jr., and OLB Derrell Johnson? I'm looking for some mid-late round prospects who can add quality depth and potential at those positions.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Thanks, Mad.
Very fun to compare to mine, thanks for posting it, MD.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Is Darqueze Dennard strictly a press corner or do you think he can play off cover? Why do you believe he is slipping to #30?
[ Edited by GORO on Apr 15, 2014 at 8:38 AM ]
MD,
No Dri Archer?
Originally posted by GORO:
Is Darqueze Dennard strictly a press corner or do you think he can play off cover? Why do you believe he is slipping to #30?

about 44% of Dennard's snaps were of the non-press and non-press bail variety. He is not as 1 dimensional as some think.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
MD,
No Dri Archer?

He should be in there in the fourth round, but I don't see it right now. Need to go home, and check my Excel spreadsheet. Must have deleted a number somewhere in there when shifting players around. Good catch. Thanks.

Really good press corner, but is going to struggle playing off at the next level. I just see too much stiffness to transition in tracking receivers. All of the CB's drafted above him have better off-man skills. Take a look at the combination of 3 cone and shuttle numbers. Average to poor for a CB in the NFL. If someone can show me a solid CB in the NFL with similar cone and shuttle numbers, I would appreciate it. I couldn't find one.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
MD, what is your take on C Tyler Larsen, LB Carlos Fields Jr., and OLB Derrell Johnson? I'm looking for some mid-late round prospects who can add quality depth and potential at those positions.

I like Larsen a lot, but see him as substantially lower than Richburg and Martin. He is tough, and fiesty, maybe in the mold of Cal's center Schwenke last year (but not that good). More of an in the box center. Don't think he has much versatility on the line.

Fields is a really intriguing guy. Smaller school, but huge production. Will be drafted and a core special teamer right away. Not sure if he can crack a starting lineup some day, but a nice guy for depth. Fast, but needs to get stronger. At 238, needs to bulk up for sure. Being less than 6'1" is probably an issue for the team, who likes the taller, longer OLB's in the roster.

Johnson is somewhat like Fields. Just over 6'1", about ten pounds heavier, and played at a bigger program. To me, not as explosive at Fields, and I think is a bubble draftee. Good college player, but I don't think he offers much in the NFL.
MD, can't thank you enough for all your work every year!

Thanks, Dog!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Really good press corner, but is going to struggle playing off at the next level. I just see too much stiffness to transition in tracking receivers. All of the CB's drafted above him have better off-man skills. Take a look at the combination of 3 cone and shuttle numbers. Average to poor for a CB in the NFL. If someone can show me a solid CB in the NFL with similar cone and shuttle numbers, I would appreciate it. I couldn't find one.

If he were to be available at #30 how do his short arms affect Baalke and his fetish for long limbs.
MD, where do you see Kareem Martin playing in the NFL? Is he a 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE or can he play 3-4OLB? Interested in hearing your thoughts on this guy.
Originally posted by NCommand:
MD, can't thank you enough for all your work every year!

Thanks. Really tightening the board this time of year. Putting in the crazy work to get it straightened out. QB order and selection number a real mess.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
MD, where do you see Kareem Martin playing in the NFL? Is he a 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE or can he play 3-4OLB? Interested in hearing your thoughts on this guy.

Right now, strictly a 43 DE. Simply not big and strong enough to play the 34 DE role, and not nimble enough to play the 34 DE. Would be shocked if he is on our board. Good player with a bright future. I think he is a better fit for a team like the Bengals, who value those long 43 DE.
Share 49ersWebzone