There are 223 users in the forums

I got your draft right here

• xcfan
  • Veteran
rd 1 -- trade to raiders for 2/36 & 4/107.

rd 2 -- richburg c colo st. -- the only better center prospects in the last 5 years are mack and pouncey. weston is an athlete--not a limited athlete like so many centers. he executes and wins because he's quick and balanced, and plenty strong enough to anchor. not a fat, stiff guy who can't get from point A to B. high hurdler in high school, along with being nationally ranked as a shot putter. almost staley-like athleticism.
from pick 30-40 i looked for whom can be considered a stud at his position, and richburg won out. and we need a starting center. kilgore is NOT starter material; he CAN'T anchor consistently well against good, nfl power. he's a good all-around lineman, but his lack of power is a deal breaker. we need a guy who will NOT get walked back into the pocket. just watch all the film you can of richburg and you'll see that this guy can win play-to-play.

rd 2 -- latimer wr indiana -- has the measureables you desire in a #1 or #2 wr. though not as talented, physically, he's kind of a faster larry fitzgerald. you can throw in a little jordy nelson, also

rd 2 -- mcgill cb utah -- for his height, he's very athletic. gives us match-up options we can use. he does need to be more of an alpha dog out there, but he can work on that. hasn't had a lot of reps in his cb career, so there's upside, considering his raw, athletic gifts.

rd 3 -- joyner cb/s florida st -- no way this guy deserves the 3rd round, but i now think his size and speed will push him down to here. we can give him the keys to the slot cover job and forget about it for years to come.

rd 3 -- landry wr lsu -- this guy has it all--except long speed, and that will drop him from round 2. could end up being one of the top #2's in the league. he's a stud.

rd 3 -- ellington wr s carolina -- short, but, in every other way, elite. will be a stone-cold stud slot receiver and returner. all-around rawness as a football player knocks him down to the 3rd rd, but this guy is a top-20 athletic talent. hands, too.

rd 4 -- coleman dt cal -- has an ideal frame for d-line versatility. naturally strong guy who can overpower an o-lineman at will. personally, i like him as a NT project because of his natural stoutness. i put 20 more pounds on him and let him become an unmovable force inside,

rd 4 -- loston ss lsu -- junkyard dog safety with enough ability to start in a couple years.

rd 5 -- thomas og/ot clemson -- starting guard material in a year or two, after he heals.

rd 7 -- colvin cb okla -- acl. does he fall this far? maybe. if not, then a development cb or qb.

rd 7 -- lattimore ilb s florida -- just the type of guy who can do bowman's job until december, if not longer. active, athletic, compact guy who will have his nose in all the action.

rd 7 -- gardner dt/de stanford -- undersized but not understrong. athletic candidate to backup at 5-tech. he might surprise once he learns to maximize his speed assets.
[ Edited by xcfan on Apr 12, 2014 at 8:46 PM ]
Pretty nice mock. A lot of quality players here.

Not sure the 49ers will take a Center that high. The 49ers appear set on Kilgore as the starter this year. I haven't really seen enough of Kilgore to know whether or not he can anchor in the pivot. His strength coming out was supposedly his power and nasty streak. I guess we'll find out.

Latimer has been generating a lot of buzz lately. Physical skills are there, but raw. I could see him being an option given all the Day 2 hype he's been getting.

McGill fits what Baalke has been looking for in a press-corner. He's taken fliers on guys like Asomugha, Cooper, Cook. It's time he spent a premium pick on this type of athlete. Jean-Baptiste is another guy to look out for.

Your 3rd round is amazing. I've been campaigning for Landry, and also a big fan of Joyner.. Throw in Ellington? I CAME.

The rest of the draft is solid. I like the injury-fliers on Thomas and Colvin. 12 total picks is probably too many. Regardless what we do at #30, I'm sure we'll unload a few picks via trade up, trade for next year, or select injured players to redshirt.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Pretty nice mock. A lot of quality players here.

Not sure the 49ers will take a Center that high. The 49ers appear set on Kilgore as the starter this year. I haven't really seen enough of Kilgore to know whether or not he can anchor in the pivot. His strength coming out was supposedly his power and nasty streak. I guess we'll find out.

Latimer has been generating a lot of buzz lately. Physical skills are there, but raw. I could see him being an option given all the Day 2 hype he's been getting.

McGill fits what Baalke has been looking for in a press-corner. He's taken fliers on guys like Asomugha, Cooper, Cook. It's time he spent a premium pick on this type of athlete. Jean-Baptiste is another guy to look out for.

Your 3rd round is amazing. I've been campaigning for Landry, and also a big fan of Joyner.. Throw in Ellington? I CAME.

The rest of the draft is solid. I like the injury-fliers on Thomas and Colvin. 12 total picks is probably too many. Regardless what we do at #30, I'm sure we'll unload a few picks via trade up, trade for next year, or select injured players to redshirt.
i've been keenly watching kilgore since day one because there were things i really liked about him right off the bat. but, i also saw a guy who was a little less thick-wristed than optimal. and i saw that he rarely overpowers d-linemen. overall, he's a shade undersized for what i'm looking for. if he was a more naturally powerful guy then his 300 lbs would be fine. i thought his iron work over the last few years would transform his weakness into strength, but he has changed very little, and it has kinda baffled me. he has all you'd want in a lineman except that bull strength, and i thought he'd be rocked-up by now. hasn't happened; and he can't dominate at the point of attack. that's my opinion. i hope he proves me wrong this season.

regarding the 3rd round, i sure wish they were all early-to-mid picks.
[ Edited by xcfan on Apr 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for GorefullBore.
I'd be really good if this happened. I like the combination of receivers listed, especially Latimer who according to Path to the Draft his stock has really risen as of late.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Apr 12, 2014 at 10:55 PM ]
Is it just me, or is it a little amusing that under this scenario we would have two Lattimore's and a Latimer on our roster?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think Latimer is a riser.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Is it just me, or is it a little amusing that under this scenario we would have two Lattimore's and a Latimer on our roster?

"who's yo' baby daddy?"
Could all these players actually make our team. Or would we be drafting most of these guys just to cut when we trim down the roster to 52.
[ Edited by rizzogray on Apr 12, 2014 at 11:25 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
A few thoughts:

- I don't see us trading down unless we get a 2015 draft pick. With all the picks we have in 2014, and a strong roster already, unless we pick a redshirt player, I don't see us trying to get more picks this year.

- 49ers are going the Boone route with Kilgore. 49ers brought Leonard Davis to compete, but it was basically Boone's job to lose. They had faith in him, and I think its the same with Kilgore. Like the player, but don't see it as the first position addressed.

- 3 WRs within the first few rounds? Overkill. I like Ellington, and I like Landry. I don't think we need to burn a pick on anyone else.

- Love the Thomas pick, and the DB and S choices. Gives Fangio lots of options in the secondary.

I really like the fact that you changed up the mock - didn't go with status quo players on the forum. I don't agree with some of the picks, but I applaud you for thinking outside of the box.

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rizzogray:
Could all these players actually make our team. Or would we be drafting most of these guys just to cut when we trim down the roster to 52.

good question.
i see 8 or 9 of these guys making the 52.
loston, lattimore, and gardner are ps possibilities, although we need an ilb to play. loston could surprise and be a st playmaker.
the two hurt guys are out till 2015.
so, it's really not that many guys. then again, it's the 49er's roster.
Originally posted by xcfan:
rd 1 -- trade to raiders for 2/36 & 4/107.

rd 2 -- richburg c colo st. -- the only better center prospects in the last 5 years are mack and pouncey. weston is an athlete--not a limited athlete like so many centers. he executes and wins because he's quick and balanced, and plenty strong enough to anchor. not a fat, stiff guy who can't get from point A to B. high hurdler in high school, along with being nationally ranked as a shot putter. almost staley-like athleticism.
from pick 30-40 i looked for whom can be considered a stud at his position, and richburg won out. and we need a starting center. kilgore is NOT starter material; he CAN'T anchor consistently well against good, nfl power. he's a good all-around lineman, but his lack of power is a deal breaker. we need a guy who will NOT get walked back into the pocket. just watch all the film you can of richburg and you'll see that this guy can win play-to-play.

so you are predicting baalke goes the route of drafting 1 named Brazilian soccor players.....goooooooooaaaaaallllll richberg
rd 2 -- latimer wr indiana -- has the measureables you desire in a #1 or #2 wr. though not as talented, physically, he's kind of a faster larry fitzgerald. you can throw in a little jordy nelson, also

rd 2 -- mcgill cb utah -- for his height, he's very athletic. gives us match-up options we can use. he does need to be more of an alpha dog out there, but he can work on that. hasn't had a lot of reps in his cb career, so there's upside, considering his raw, athletic gifts.

rd 3 -- joyner cb/s florida st -- no way this guy deserves the 3rd round, but i now think his size and speed will push him down to here. we can give him the keys to the slot cover job and forget about it for years to come.

rd 3 -- landry wr lsu -- this guy has it all--except long speed, and that will drop him from round 2. could end up being one of the top #2's in the league. he's a stud.

rd 3 -- ellington wr s carolina -- short, but, in every other way, elite. will be a stone-cold stud slot receiver and returner. all-around rawness as a football player knocks him down to the 3rd rd, but this guy is a top-20 athletic talent. hands, too.

rd 4 -- coleman dt cal -- has an ideal frame for d-line versatility. naturally strong guy who can overpower an o-lineman at will. personally, i like him as a NT project because of his natural stoutness. i put 20 more pounds on him and let him become an unmovable force inside,

rd 4 -- loston ss lsu -- junkyard dog safety with enough ability to start in a couple years.

rd 5 -- thomas og/ot clemson -- starting guard material in a year or two, after he heals.

rd 7 -- colvin cb okla -- acl. does he fall this far? maybe. if not, then a development cb or qb.

rd 7 -- lattimore ilb s florida -- just the type of guy who can do bowman's job until december, if not longer. active, athletic, compact guy who will have his nose in all the action.

rd 7 -- gardner dt/de stanford -- undersized but not understrong. athletic candidate to backup at 5-tech. he might surprise once he learns to maximize his speed assets.

so ballke drafts a bunch of 1 named Brazilian soccor players....gooooooaaaaallllll richberg
I like the mindset. Go get the center early. We need to shore up that position. It is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about.

"Kilgore can do it." - Really? Based on what? This isn't the time to experiment and mess around with the line.
Would be a nice draft for us. I think we could probably trade back further and still get Richburg.
this would be horrible. why in the world would we trade back then take a center with our first pick after giving Kilgore an extension? you got some good players here but we need starter quality CBs now and starter quality WRs for as soon as next season.
Share 49ersWebzone