LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Would this be a good trade if we gave # 30 and 60 to Houston for # 33, 64, 5th, 7th?

Would this be a good trade if we gave # 30 and 60 to Houston for # 33, 64, 5th, 7th?

I used the value chart. This still worked out in our favor by over 200 pts. I am sure Harbaalke can do better. The point of this is how much wiggle room moving back a few spots would give us in the middle rounds and we can still get our guys.
Originally posted by juycho:
I used the value chart. This still worked out in our favor by over 200 pts. I am sure Harbaalke can do better. The point of this is how much wiggle room moving back a few spots would give us in the middle rounds and we can still get our guys.

I do see that. I just don't like surrendering value in the top 100 (twice) to get more late picks when we have plenty and will probably mainly use them as makeweights in trades or training camp fodder.

Just my view.
I'm all good with trading back. I would just want more then what you are getting.
It depends on how they read the draft at the time it happens. Unlike us the front office guys are doing much more than just watching TV.
There a lot od "depends" and "If's" to consider.

I think we could do much better than what is listed.

Maybe also getting their 2nd round pick next year?
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I don't believe you can ever have too many picks. Although I can understand why that is debatable.

However, I hope everyone can agree, than you cannot have too many top 100 picks.

Perhaps you cant "have" too many picks....but you surely can "make" too many picks that you simply don't have space for on you squad of 53.

What is inferred here is that we make selections with these 5th and 7th rd picks when we're perhaps the deepest roster in the NFL right now.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I don't believe you can ever have too many picks. Although I can understand why that is debatable.

However, I hope everyone can agree, than you cannot have too many top 100 picks.

Perhaps you cant "have" too many picks....but you surely can "make" too many picks that you simply don't have space for on you squad of 53.

What is inferred here is that we make selections with these 5th and 7th rd picks when we're perhaps the deepest roster in the NFL right now.

I would like to see them trade their lat picks for higher picks. I think we could use 8 players.
2wr
2cb
1-2ss
1ilb
Maybe if value presents:
1 de
1 dt
1 c
1 g
Share 49ersWebzone