There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would this be a good trade if we gave # 30 and 60 to Houston for # 33, 64, 5th, 7th?

Would this be a good trade if we gave # 30 and 60 to Houston for # 33, 64, 5th, 7th?

I think it could open up sum more options for moving up in the middle rounds.
[ Edited by juycho on Apr 12, 2014 at 5:15 PM ]
Hell no. We could swap 30 and 33 and realistically pull atleast their 4th.
That would be a horrible trade. ... look at last yr trade with tha titans we traded back from #34 to #40 N got a 2014 3rd pick along with just by trading back 6 spots. ..In ur trade we trade back a total of 7 spots N only get a 5th round N 7th round just a horrible idea N not worth it. .. now maybe if it was #30 N #77 for #33 N #64 along with a 2015 4th round id ve down with that ....
We already have to many picks
Originally posted by tohara3:

I don't believe you can ever have too many picks. Although I can understand why that is debatable.

However, I hope everyone can agree, than you cannot have too many top 100 picks.
Here is an example of trading down then moving up. Which is what Baalke talked about doing. There is still great players at the top of the 2nd round.

42 CB KYLE FULLER VIRGINIA TECH
45 CB BRADLEY ROBY OHIO STATE
47 WR JORDAN MATTHEWS VANDERBILT
94 WR PAUL RICHARDSON COLORADO
100 QB A.J. MCCARRON ALABAMA
105 DT DAQUAN JONES PENN STATE
112C MARCUS MARTIN USC
119 S DION BAILEY USC
[ Edited by juycho on Apr 12, 2014 at 8:19 PM ]
Originally posted by juycho:
Here is an example of trading down then moving up. Which is what Baalke talked about doing. There is still great players at the top of the 2nd round.

112C MARCUS MARTIN USC
119 S DION BAILEY USC

The only reason I would be happy about McCarron on our team is because his wife would be in the new stadium.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

112C MARCUS MARTIN USC
119 S DION BAILEY USC

The only reason I would be happy about McCarron on our team is because his wife would be in the new stadium.

I think he would be a good fit for the system.
I think he would be a good fit for the system.

I think I would be a good fit inside of his wife.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

112C MARCUS MARTIN USC
119 S DION BAILEY USC

I like how you got CB and WR within the first 4 picks... not really sure where each position will be slotted (HarBaalke being unpredictable), however.

I'd like to see a safety picked up earlier (somewhere in 3rd rd)....

There is no such thing as "too many picks".

On the other hand this trade is too weak in compensation. We could do better if we wanted to trade back.
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

On the other hand this trade is too weak in compensation. We could do better if we wanted to trade back.

Ah. That's the point. Whether you trade forward or back it is vital to get value.

Except that one time when you are getting a player you just have to have. Someone like Jerry Rice!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:

Ah. That's the point. Whether you trade forward or back it is vital to get value.

Except that one time when you are getting a player you just have to have. Someone like Jerry Rice!

Exactly. Baalke is very good at getting value both trading up and down. Last year we moved back 6 slots in rd 2 and got a 3rd rd pick then moved back up 5 slots in rd 2 and payed a 6th rd pick.

He made Jerry Jones his little biatch in rd 1.
I'm for it but there's actually has to be a player Houston wanted to trade up for. And that would need to be a qb
With guys like Carr, Garrapolo, Mettenberger and the fifth year option that comes with being a first round pick we very well could trade back into the early 2nd and come away with a very good player.