LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

how do we resist a trade-down...

• xcfan
  • Veteran
...when some team is going to want #30 for a quarterback?
first and foremost, this is an opportunity to get a very good 2015 draft pick. if some team just must have their guy at #30, we could extract mucho value out of them.
if we move out maybe 6 spots and can finagle a 2015 2nd or promising 3rd, then that is big value. if we move out 20-30 spots and get a 2015 1st round pick, that would be hard to pass on, even though this is a deep draft.
it's an opportunity to demand a ridiculous amount of gold and see if someone bites.
If the Raiders offered their 2015 1st rounder.... I'd do it. I could see Reggie McKenzie feeling the hot seat to get a solid roster NOW vs next year.

Same if the Jags offered their 1st next year.

However, this draft is special because its so deep... I'd happily trade down to about #40 and get the best CB or Davante Adams and get a 2014 3rd rounder or their 2nd for 2015.
To me, it all depends on how the Draft plays out. If Baalkes targets are not getting picks and start slipping, then a trade down would be VERY wise But if Baalkes targets start getting picked then a Trade up might be needed.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Definetly, there will be teams looking to trade back in to the first. If we get good comp I say do it.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Definetly, there will be teams looking to trade back in to the first. If we get good comp I say do it.

This
Depends on who is available still and what they are offering. What's the sense if the players who can make an impact this year are gone by the time y
ou pick.
I think the chances that we can trade down and still get the targeted player are very good. A first next year from the Jags or Raiders plus a 2nd this year in the top 45? I would do it.
I agree. I think that some teams will be calling wanting to trade back into the first round. I have a feeling we may be trading up however, like last year. But if we trade out of the first round and get an early 2nd round pick and a pick in next years draft I would be fine with that. No better way to build depth then the draft
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I think the chances that we can trade down and still get the targeted player are very good. A first next year from the Jags or Raiders plus a 2nd this year in the top 45? I would do it.

So would everyone because that would be an absurdly one-sided trade. I agree with irishluder on this - if the Jags or Raiders offer their 1st pick next year for our 30th pick, I would do it in a heartbeat, but I don't think they would be willing to give up a potential top 5-10 pick next season for a QB like Carr.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
So would everyone because that would be an absurdly one-sided trade. I agree with irishluder on this - if the Jags or Raiders offer their 1st pick next year for our 30th pick, I would do it in a heartbeat, but I don't think they would be willing to give up a potential top 5-10 pick next season for a QB like Carr.

A GM that won't be around next year without winning this year might make that trade.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I honestly don't expect a trade down in this draft. With all the picks they already have in the first 3 rounds, I just don't see them trading down with the 30th pick. I think a trade up is more likely to maybe the 15th pick, then a trade down with one of the 2nd round picks.

My guess:

If they trade up high 15th to 20th pick - Darqueze Dennard

If they trade up low 20th to 25th pick - Kyle Fuller

If they stay with the 30th pick - Jason Verrett

I just don't see any receiver trading up for in the 1st round, besides Mike Evans who Baalke seems interested in, but I think he'll be gone before the 14th pick.
Itz like drugz u just say NO !!!!
Depends on how far back.

IMO there isn't any QB in this draft who is a franchise QB like Luck, RGIII caliber.

I slso think Teas takes Clowney.

I'm guessing if a guy like Carr falls to us at 30 and one of the QB needy teams like Browns, Raiders or even Houston are still looking - we can trade back 4-5 picks and still get a tremendous player.

If that's the case, and we can get an excellent pick for the following season - JUST DO IT!
I say we should one trade for Gordon it would make sense because as of right now his cap Numbers aren't that big and it would also be good just in case we lose Crabtree or two trade out of the first round and get more traffic picks since this class is deep at what we're looking for
I could see trading down about 7-8 slots, picking up a 2nd rd pick in 2015 and drafting Stephen Tuitt. There are plenty of good CB's and WR's we can get in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and we have 5 picks.
Share 49ersWebzone