There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The BPA Mock Draft

• xcfan
  • Veteran
here's whom i think will be the best-player-available when we pick. no thought to position and need; just BPA. football player.

rd 1 carlos hyde rb ohio st. -- with some remedial fitness work, he'll bring the pain for 4 quarters.

rd 2 demarcus lawrence olb boise st -- with a couple years of nfl polish, he's a stud.

rd 2 bruce ellington wr s carolina -- with football cleats on, he's got 1st rd athleticism on the grass. investment

rd 3 terrence west rb towson -- nice balance, inertia and feet for weight. bell cow ability.

rd 3 jarvis landry wr lsu -- ability to out-battle defender for ball makes up for lack of 2nd gear. intangibles

rd 3 antone exum cb/s/ST virginia tech -- #2 corner in a couple years. ST now, maybe forever.

rd 4 brent urban de virginia -- nice measureables. quality backup 5-tech down the road.

rd 5 rajion neal rb tenn -- nice blend for between the nfl tackles

rd 7 michael sam de missouri -- forgettable athlete, but does have linear strength, quickness and torque to rush

rd 7 conner shaw qb s carolina -- ability shows through under pressure. great long-term backup prospect

rd 7 kain colter wr northwestern -- athletic, smart, yak ability
WTF? 3 RBs? No way in hell that happens.. We don't need a OLB, especially at 56. Also no CB till pick 100? Not liking it.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
WTF? 3 RBs? No way in hell that happens.. We don't need a OLB, especially at 56. Also no CB till pick 100? Not liking it.

just bpa. an exercise in draft theory. best...player...available
haha, I get the BPA theory but you have to see that only Hyde would make the roster... Hyde will be a beast in the NFL too, I wish we could get him in the 2nd, but it just doesn't make sense.
too many RB: CB should be our no.#1 priority!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What's the point? Teams seldom draft for BPA outside the 1st rd...with FA every team has holes from season to season.
I guess you meant it for fun - could have called it the Twilight Zone Draft,
It will be interesting to see where these players go in the actual draft. Good stuff!
I like the BPA philosophy.... but comparing players at different positions is usually kind of a crapshoot. There typically will be at least 4-5 guys left on the board at any point in the draft that you could say are the BPA. You take the 1 that plays the position of greatest need and fits your teams strategic objectives.
Yeah I'll stick with BPAFCR approach, much better to actually translate to success on Sundays....
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blm7754:
I like the BPA philosophy.... but comparing players at different positions is usually kind of a crapshoot. There typically will be at least 4-5 guys left on the board at any point in the draft that you could say are the BPA. You take the 1 that plays the position of greatest need and fits your teams strategic objectives.

that's the thing, a bpa draft never happens in the real world. you'd end up with 3 running backs where you have no need, or miss filling a glaring weakness.
everyone should just quit talking about how they picked the bpa with no other considerations.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

when I saw C Hyde I was like OK at least in few years down the road it'll be cool I guess. but then 2 more rb's at bpa. I like how this guy spelled it out with bpa as if we don't have a clue as to what that means. but logic evaded him as at the other two slots I'm 100% sure ANY GM would likely fill roster spots amongst the many other needed positions with bpa for his team. instead of loading up on rb's since the ball club already has 3 legitimate candidates. so now with this draft 49ers will carry 6 rb's + LMJ.
Originally posted by CasBanaszek:
It will be interesting to see where these players go in the actual draft. Good stuff!

Agree