LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

MODS: Official mock draft thread?

Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Mock drafts are practically useless. One or two trades or shock picks and the entire mock board is worthless. I'm fairly certain we'll draft a CB and trade up to do so. Other than that, is anyone's guess.

I predicted that in my mock.

Me too! And was attacked for it, i didnt care tho. Its not like some of the brainless mocks I see around here.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Let's be honest there is just no way to really predict where the draft is going to go. That doesn't mean we can't try to come up with some senerio that we end up with favorite players, I mean really are anybody's mocks realistic, nobody actually gets it all right. Did anybody pick Reid Carradine McDonald. If you you are looking for a story you can believe in then you will probably be disappointed.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
The mods could create a sub forum inside the draft war room where all the mock drafts would go. That would fix the issue for the most part.
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 17, 2014 at 4:09 AM ]
Take out the mocks and the DWR would be a cold and lonely place!

They are just a bit of fun. As long as people don't take their own mocks too seriously.
Mocks are definitely a very inexact science...I've done some in the past and if you do your own homework they can be pretty time consuming. I enjoy reading them...because you get a wide range of thoughts. I try to offer options...especially in a year like this with such a deep draft. Some don't want to hear other ideas...I've had feedback from some who do professional mocks that was positive and negative. Truth is, nobody really knows what's going to happen...each draft is really a crapshoot. Teams will do things you don't expect...trades can really cause waves. But, yeah, mocks are mostly for fun...if you take them too seriously you probably shouldn't do 'em.
Share 49ersWebzone