LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

MODS: Official mock draft thread?

c'mon man, is it too hard for you just to scroll down and find the threads you want?

*brb mocking
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
c'mon man, is it too hard for you just to scroll down and find the threads you want?

*brb mocking

I think a lot of vets just arent used to the traffic. I will admit, it has become a bit of a turn off for me as well. Not that its an overall bad thing, its just different. In previous off seasons we had a pretty tight nit and small group of regulars in the war room, and we got to the point where we all respected one another postings, even if we didnt agree. Now we have guys with 5 total posts, posting mocks and player evaluations.

It has just become tedious to sort through the nonsense in what was once a very professional and detail driven forum.

The growth started somewhat towards the end of last off season, and this off season it has progressed to where it is now.

There are also a lot of duplicate player evaluation threads, position discussion threads, etc, which we never had a real issue with in the past.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I think a lot of vets just arent used to the traffic. I will admit, it has become a bit of a turn off for me as well. Not that its an overall bad thing, its just different. In previous off seasons we had a pretty tight nit and small group of regulars in the war room, and we got to the point where we all respected one another postings, even if we didnt agree. Now we have guys with 5 total posts, posting mocks and player evaluations.

It has just become tedious to sort through the nonsense in what was once a very professional and detail driven forum.

The growth started somewhat towards the end of last off season, and this off season it has progressed to where it is now.

There are also a lot of duplicate player evaluation threads, position discussion threads, etc, which we never had a real issue with in the past.

Aw okay that makes sense. I could see how that could be annoying. I am guilty of 2 of those mocks.

Maybe make a War Room Rules thread, saying everyone is allowed 2 mocks, and keep the fanspeak drafts in 1 thread. idk.

Aw okay that makes sense. I could see how that could be annoying. I am guilty of 2 of those mocks.

Maybe make a War Room Rules thread, saying everyone is allowed 2 mocks, and keep the fanspeak drafts in 1 thread. idk.

Im not sure its an issue of people posting multiple mocks, most of the vets post several over the course of the offseason. I know i generally post my first mock before the end of the post season. Phoenix is guilty of this as well as several other posters. Some of us live the draft all year long, even during the season. A lot of times we introduce players in our early mocks that havent even been discussed in depth anywhere on the net really. its just the abundance of nonsense that one must sort through that becomes the issue.

I have no issue with the mocks if as stated someone puts some individual effort into it. Different perspectives on the drafts are fine, as are alternative perspectives on prospects.

Its just there seems to sometime be more nonsense posted then actual intellectual and in depth discussion.

In the past occasionally we would have people come in and attempt to troll Maddog, OTC, or AB, etc but now it seems like there is nonsense in every discussion. no real mutual respect is given between posters, save for the old vets patting each others backs once in a while. TBH, im not sure there is even a way to fix it. Sometimes things just reach a certain level of growth, and nonsense just becomes something you have to sort through and put up with.

Without doing something drastic like having a minimum post count to start a thread, there really is no way to stop it, you just have to try to keep it in check.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM ]
Im sorry, Ill leave.

I dont think anyone has specifically, or is specifically mentioning you, but if thats the way you want to read it, fine by me.
I dont think anyone has specifically, or is specifically mentioning you, but if thats the way you want to read it, fine byme.

Just playing around bro. Dont you vets joke? Fellow Idaho bro?
I dont think anyone has specifically, or is specifically mentioning you, but if thats the way you want to read it, fine byme.

nah, draft room is serious biz yo.
One thread for all mocks would be annoying as hell. Everyone would post and quote mocks in the middles of pages, making each page ridiculously long to scroll through. Keep them separate. That way the mock can be the 1st post, while everyone can comment without having to quote the mock you want to talk about.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Apr 10, 2014 at 5:17 PM ]

nah, draft room is serious biz yo.

Looks like Idaho tryin to make udaho (JOKE JOKE )lmao .... I dont see myself as a so called vet i've only been around a yr ...I joined to read tha mock drafts(good ones i mean) N add my own mock maybe not up to tha standards of some of tha real vets but i feel i put alot thought into it N make it as realistic as I can ....

Yeah its not the overabundance of mocks that's bad, it's the same regurgitation of the same thing that's annoying. Like the WR thread, talk about the WRs in there. No need for 25 different threads about the same thing (who's your favorite WR, pick a WR we should draft, poll:tall WR or short fast WR, which WR has the best dreads, this WR is going to be a bust, don't draft this WR because he looks funny, etc are examples of regurgitated threads). They could all be put in 1 thread and discussed there. Same with the draft simulator mocks. It's cool they enjoy the websites, but putting no real work into a mock is pointless. Throw all draft simulated mocks together. Guys like OTC, MadDog, Phoenix, Idaho (despite his love of Jalen Saunders lol), etc., who introduce new players or different takes on a mock are appreciated, regardless of Vet or Noob status. All we ask is research, give some details why they'd fit or break downs of why you'd target them; and not just list player, pick, height/weight and be done. I want to be informed. Not force feed the same mock over and over.

Sorry for the rant.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Apr 10, 2014 at 7:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Yeah its not the overabundance of mocks that's bad, it's the same regurgitation of the same thing that's annoying. Like the WR thread, talk about the WRs in there. No need for 25 different threads about the same thing (who's your favorite WR, pick a WR we should draft, poll:tall WR or short fast WR, which WR has the best dreads, this WR is going to be a bust, don't draft this WR because he looks funny, etc are examples of regurgitated threads). They could all be put in 1 thread and discussed there. Same with the draft simulator mocks. It's cool they enjoy the websites, but putting no real work into a mock is pointless. Throw all draft simulated mocks together. Guys like OTC, MadDog, Phoenix, Idaho (despite his love of Jalen Saunders lol), etc., who introduce new players or different takes on a mock are appreciated, regardless of Vet or Noob status. All we ask is research, give some details why they'd fit or break downs of why you'd target them; and not just list player, pick, height/weight and be done. I want to be informed. Not force feed the same mock over and over.

Sorry for the rant.

haha. Love me some Saunders. Atleast you didnt bring up Elvis Akpla .
haha. Love me some Saunders. Atleast you didnt bring up Elvis Akpla .
It's your first day posting back on here in awhile, I can't be that mean to ya lol.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
Mock drafts are practically useless. One or two trades or shock picks and the entire mock board is worthless. I'm fairly certain we'll draft a CB and trade up to do so. Other than that, is anyone's guess.

I predicted that in my mock.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
There is so much traffic this time of year because people are desperate for there football fix. I am totally into the draft and who everyone thinks we are going to pick, but I don't think most people have the time to do the research that you vets do. We do our best and pick our favorite players but I must admit as much as I love football I will never have the insight that some of you vets have. So just let us have a little fun,I promise I will give you the zone back after the draft.

WAR NO WR TILL THE 3RD ROUND
Share 49ersWebzone