LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

MBA's Mock draft ver 5.0, Last Call

Originally posted by Quest4six:
Since this is only your 16th post on this forum.
Let me break you in easy,
First off, that previous post about you calling out the Brock to stop with the mocks.
Not cool, don't click on the thread if you don't want to read a mock

Second, as a fellow niner fan I would appreciate respect amongst posters, if not you can re-direct yourself here (raiderfans.net)

Also,
1. Fuller is that good
2. Don't be a jerk
3. Its not about drafting a CB to beat out Culliver (although I wouldn't mind) its about drafting a CB to beat out Wright/Cook
(thats another point I want to make, if you are going to call somebody out in that manner you BETTER do your research)
4. We need a slot corner, Verrett is perfect for that and so is Fuller. We are going to start changing into a more prominent nickel package to match up with the hawks slot WR like Harvin/Hilton/Wright

Brock, nice mock man
Ignore this idiot

Easley is not worth a 2nd round pick
Originally posted by TheRedDemonWillis52:
Garbage draft. Thank you this is your final mock and please don't post another garbage mock again.

Why are you so angry? mbrock has been posting good stuff for a long time, and you trash him like that...wow.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Easley is not worth a 2nd round pick

Fair enough. Would you pick another d lineman in that spot? Which one?
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Garbage draft. Thank you this is your final mock and please don't post another garbage mock again.

Why are you so angry? mbrock has been posting good stuff for a long time, and you trash him like that...wow.

Not angry, but completely don't agree with his decisions. I will break that down for you why his mock draft is hot garbage:

Round 1 (Trade #30 and # 77 pick to Packers for # 21) Kyle Fuller CB VA Tech 6'0" 190 lbs - rangy and light-footed with quick movements, long arms and can play man or zone coverage; it's either him or Verrett and I think the Niners go bigger after Cully's latest incident. There is a good chance that he will fall to the 30th. It's not worth to trade up to the 21st pick. If that is the case, that would be very bad selection - there are still plenty of better players than Fuller in the 21st. Fuller is naturally graded at 2nd to 3rd round talent. He is not worth to be so desperate.

Round 2a Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss 6'2" 221 lbs - showed more speed than I thought he had; someone to stretch the field for our offenseRound. Moncrief is a 3rd rounder at the best. You reached too high for that.

2b Dominique Easley DT Florida 6'2" 288 lbs - first round pick prior to injury; long term replacement for RayMacRound 3a Unrealistic pick. He has short arms, so Baalke would've crossed him out of his big board.

Round 3a Traded to Packers That's a regrettable mistake. Plenty of good players in the 3rd round.

Round 3b Jaylen Watkins CB Florida 6'0" 194 lbs - willing hitter with good vision and closing ability; another CB to add depth and maybe play safety You got a very wrong measurement. According to the NFL Combine, he is 5'11" 194lb with short arms at 30 5/8" That is a big red flag for Baalke.

Round 3c Robert Herron WR Wyoming 5'9" 193 lbs - we need someone to add quickness and burst at WR; can play slot or outside That won't solve the problem against Seahawks' great man press coverage. Kam will just knock him out like what he did to VD, so it's not wise to select a small shifty WR this time.

Round 4 Craig Loston SS LSU 5'11" 217 lbs - depth at S and familiar with Eric Reid Good job.

Round 5 Khari Fortt OLB Cal 6'2" 242 lbs - "plus" movement skills in space combined with his toughness against the run could make him a steal; could play inside and special teams, too.Round Not really sure, but ok.

No comment on the rest of the 7th picks.

7 Spencer Long OG Nebraska 6'4" 315 lbs - Baalke injury special; depth for interior line

Round 7a Tajh Boyd QB 6'1" 222 lbs - hard to believe, but this is where he is rated; much better option than BJ Daniels was for #3 QB.

Round 7b Trey Millard FB Oklahoma 6'2" 253 lbs - Swiss Army Knife FB, Blocker, TE; another Baalke injury specialRead more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177993-mbas-mock-draft-ver-last-call/#ErZx4omSPwppoahr.99
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I predict on the day and time the 49ers already selected on 30th, most of you idiots will whine and complain like usual. You're becoming so predictable, whiners.
I predict that if you don't adjust you s**tty attitude you won't be around draft time. Every post I've seen from you so far is just garbage acting like you know something nobody else does when it's you who needs to get a clue.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
I predict on the day and time the 49ers already selected on 30th, most of you idiots will whine and complain like usual. You're becoming so predictable, whiners.
I predict that if you don't adjust you s**tty attitude you won't be around draft time. Every post I've seen from you so far is just garbage acting like you know something nobody else does when it's you who needs to get a clue.

Garbage is just becoming the most popular word in the 49ers forum recently.
Originally posted by Murphys1:

Not angry, but completely don't agree with his decisions. I will break that down for you why his mock draft is hot garbage:

Round 1 (Trade #30 and # 77 pick to Packers for # 21) Kyle Fuller CB VA Tech 6'0" 190 lbs - rangy and light-footed with quick movements, long arms and can play man or zone coverage; it's either him or Verrett and I think the Niners go bigger after Cully's latest incident. There is a good chance that he will fall to the 30th. It's not worth to trade up to the 21st pick. If that is the case, that would be very bad selection - there are still plenty of better players than Fuller in the 21st. Fuller is naturally graded at 2nd to 3rd round talent. He is not worth to be so desperate.

Round 2a Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss 6'2" 221 lbs - showed more speed than I thought he had; someone to stretch the field for our offenseRound. Moncrief is a 3rd rounder at the best. You reached too high for that.

2b Dominique Easley DT Florida 6'2" 288 lbs - first round pick prior to injury; long term replacement for RayMacRound 3a Unrealistic pick. He has short arms, so Baalke would've crossed him out of his big board.

Round 3a Traded to Packers That's a regrettable mistake. Plenty of good players in the 3rd round.

Round 3b Jaylen Watkins CB Florida 6'0" 194 lbs - willing hitter with good vision and closing ability; another CB to add depth and maybe play safety You got a very wrong measurement. According to the NFL Combine, he is 5'11" 194lb with short arms at 30 5/8" That is a big red flag for Baalke.

Round 3c Robert Herron WR Wyoming 5'9" 193 lbs - we need someone to add quickness and burst at WR; can play slot or outside That won't solve the problem against Seahawks' great man press coverage. Kam will just knock him out like what he did to VD, so it's not wise to select a small shifty WR this time.

Round 4 Craig Loston SS LSU 5'11" 217 lbs - depth at S and familiar with Eric Reid Good job.

Round 5 Khari Fortt OLB Cal 6'2" 242 lbs - "plus" movement skills in space combined with his toughness against the run could make him a steal; could play inside and special teams, too.Round Not really sure, but ok.

No comment on the rest of the 7th picks.

7 Spencer Long OG Nebraska 6'4" 315 lbs - Baalke injury special; depth for interior line

Round 7a Tajh Boyd QB 6'1" 222 lbs - hard to believe, but this is where he is rated; much better option than BJ Daniels was for #3 QB.

Round 7b Trey Millard FB Oklahoma 6'2" 253 lbs - Swiss Army Knife FB, Blocker, TE; another Baalke injury specialRead more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/177993-mbas-mock-draft-ver-last-call/#ErZx4omSPwppoahr.99
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For someone who just starting posting a couple of weeks ago, you apparently think you are the Niners and the draft expert. Saw your "review" of my picks and I thought I would consult your favorite website in Walter Football.com to see what it says about my predicted picks.

Round 1 Pick # 21 Kyle Fuller - Projected Round (2013): 1-2.
4/5/14: Sources from multiple teams said they really like Fuller and it looks like he could easily go in the top-32 picks. At the Combine, Fuller showed surprising speed. With his man-coverage ability, instincts and versatility, he could be a steal late in the first round or early in the second round. WalterFootball.com knows teams that are really hoping Fuller makes it to early in the second round, but that's looking increasingly unlikely.

So, your 2nd-3rd round projection is basically fiction just to prove your so-called point.

Round 2a Donte Moncrief - Projected Round (2014): 2-3. Moncrief performed well at the Combine and ran faster than expected.

Round 2b Dominique Easley - Projected Round (2014): 2-3. Easley was in the running with Jadeveon Clowney for the best get-off in college football, but unlike Clowney, Easley had a non-stop motor and never took plays off. Sources told WalterFootball.com that Easley was probably a late first-round pick before the injury.

Round 3b Jaylen Watkins - Projected Round (2015): 3-4 Watkins is a sleeper prospect who has a good athletic skill set - it runs in his family - and could be a mid-round steal. He showed that at the Senior Bowl when he had a very strong week playing man-to-man in the one-on-ones.

At the Combine, Watkins was impressive as he put up a solid total on the bench press (22 reps) and ran a fast time in the 40. Watkins' stock is on the rise.

Round 3d Robert Herron - Projected Round 4-6 So apparently this guy isn't rated as high. Point taken.

Round 4 Craig Loston - Projected Round (2014): 2-3. Loston had 57 tackles, three passes broken up, three interceptions and four tackles for a loss in 2013. He didn't play well against Georgia, but was better versus Florida. Loston also played well against Alabama, Texas A&M and Iowa. He followed it up with a strong performance at the Senior Bowl.

Round 5 Khari Fortt - Projected Round 3-5. In 2013, Fortt had 64 tackles with 3.5 tackles for a loss, .5 sacks, zero passes broken up and zero interceptions. He would probably fit best as an inside linebacker in a 3-4. Fortt had a quality performance at the Combine.

So, according to your favorite site, I did pretty well with 5 out of 6 picks right where they are supposed to be drafted. Maybe, you should try to provide some constructive criticism instead of throwing out insults.
I really hope if we trade up to 21, its not for Fuller.

yikes
Originally posted by xela510:
I really hope if we trade up to 21, its not for Fuller.

yikes

We should be able to get him @30.

• Buchy
  • Veteran
I like a number of the picks, I wonder if Deone Bucannon might be a better box safety than Loston but I am happy with either, only thing I would change in terms of positions is that I think we need a centre to compete with Kilgore as I don't trust Snyder or Looney in that role.
Share 49ersWebzone