LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

AJ McCarron

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Might have cost himself a round or two.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

This is a shock RT @NFL_CFB: AJ McCarron, Katherine Webb to star in reality TV series about upcoming wedding. http://on.nfl.com/1juetOd ;
only way he can make some legitimate money. just like the previous few qb's from 'bama, AJ too will ride the pine and amount to jack sh!t.
Guy definitely has an inflated view of his worth. If any QB was surrounded by the talented cast he had at Alabama, they would look good. Don't think he is anything but a career backup.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Apr 9, 2014 at 11:01 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Former NFL MVP Rich Gannon on Sirius about @10AJMcCarron doing a reality show with Katherine Webb: "A bad idea. Really a poor decision."
3rd round
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
she thinks he'll get a mansion-worthy signing bonus. when she finds out he's an early 3rd round choice, she'll dump him.
Not his choice, his fiance is doing the show. What is he supposed to say... No, I won't appear on it. It's just cameras recording their wedding activities. It's not like they are going to try and follow him to pro days, workouts, etc. SMH. People try to put a premium or shock value on everything these days. Hell NFL Network trolls this kids with cameras more than anyone.
I predict he will have a Tony Romo/Jessica Simpson drama in the NFL. I'd hope s**tty team would've drafted him, like Cowboys.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Not his choice, his fiance is doing the show. What is he supposed to say... No, I won't appear on it. It's just cameras recording their wedding activities. It's not like they are going to try and follow him to pro days, workouts, etc. SMH. People try to put a premium or shock value on everything these days. Hell NFL Network trolls this kids with cameras more than anyone.

bs. it's his idea to have the surprised engagement filmed and her having no knowledge of it.. makes no sense of her not knowing if it was her project
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'm going to record it so I can torture some one I really hate by forcing them to watch it with their eye lids glued open!

• evil
  • Veteran
Gut feeling says he will be a Bear and Cutler insurance.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Gut feeling says he will be a Bear and Cutler insurance.

I was just telling my brothers that the Bears would be a good landing spot for AJ
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
3rd round

Call me crazy, but David Fales carried the San Jose State team, as did Aaron Murray for Georgia. I think both of these guys will have better pro careers than AJ McCarron.

Fales or Murray in round 4, that is my vote, and I am sticking with it.
I was rewatching Nix to see how he performed again Alabama, which he was completely dominant in that loss, but AJ really stood out. I've never been a huge fan because Bama annoys me I feel his accolades are primarily a result of Saban's recruiting and the talent around him; however, he's smart, accurate, has a live arm, and he sees the field better than most. I used to view him as a 3rd-4th rounder, but I'm not so sure he gets out of the 2nd. With his size and experience in a pro-style system, there's a lot to like there.

Plus, his future wife will be around the team facilities and she's pretty easy on the eyes.
[ Edited by strickac on Apr 12, 2014 at 5:14 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone