There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Will Baalke do with the 49ers 1st Pick?

What Will Baalke do with the 49ers 1st Pick?

With the Draft 1 month away, I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone thinks Baalke will do with our 1st pick.

-Will Baalke trade up with his abundance of picks and land the guy he wants, like last year?

-Will Baalke stay put at #30 and see who falls in our lap?

-Will Baalke trade back and stockpile even more picks for this draft since it it so deep, and 2015?

Put on your GM hat and make the call.
I personally think Baalke will move up in the 1st round and land the guy he wants, maybe Gilbert, Dennard, or Fuller? Or how about Evans, Cooks, or Beckham?
Stay.
That's the beauty of this Draft, we don't have to move up or trade back to get more picks. We can do whatever the hell we want in this draft and its a really good feeling. If I had to guess, Id say we stay put. At pick #30 there will be an abundance of talent available at our positions of need. Id like to save our picks and use them to trade for more high picks next year.
I just think we are dangerously close the the super bowl. Lets not take any chances, move up and get the missing pieces..

But I would not be surprised if he stayed or traded back, its a tough call.
[ Edited by JimHarbaugh on Apr 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM ]
He's going to move a few spot to take a top player everyone expects or stay put and draft someone NO ONE see coming.
[ Edited by sacleads on Apr 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
I just think we are dangerously close the the super bowl. Lets not take any chances, move up and get the missing pieces..

But I would not be surprised if he stayed or traded back, its a tough call.

I don't think we trade back with the first pick. I meant take, say one of our 2nds and trade it for a first next year and our 4th and trade it for a 3rd next year. Or keep the 2nd rounders and trade a 3rd and 4th this year for a 2nd and third next year.

We don't need many impact players this year so why not look to the future. Its just smart business and self preservation.
Originally posted by English:
Stay.

this ....it seems CB and WR are the two positions we will address first , and if we stay pat at #30 , we could still land a very good CB or WR ...everyone is high on Sammy Watkins and Justin gilbert, those players will be scooped up in the top 10 , and there is no dire need for us to package any picks to move up and grab one of them ...and I kind of like the idea of having 6 picks in the top 100
Lots of Picks + Not many open roster spots = Trade up early to land a monster or two, then trade out in the middle rounds for picks next year if nothing is jumping out at us.
I wouldnt mind to see Baalke trade up from the #30 to the teens. Then trade up again to the end of the 1st or the beginning of the 2nd.
  • pfizz
move up. someone is going to be targeted whether its a WR, DB or even a DT they will get their guy. we simply have too many picks and not enough roster spots.
He will trade up to about 18 or 17. Like last year but we pick a tiny bit higher because we did not get as far. I think we can get in that range for something not too expensive of a cost. We can't fit the # of picks we have onto the 49ers roster. So why would you not want to trade up for quality? Quantity and depth and fill won't help this team IMO. We need an impact player at a position of need. Most likely CB. But some other positions may be considered including DL, WR, S, C. Probably trade out of some picks for picks next year if we can so we can have a loaded draft next year too.

But I fully expect them to try to deal up to get at least 1 top 20 player. Probably somewhere in the late teens. Whoever that is that falls that they like and are targeting at various positions of need.
Originally posted by 49erTravis:
I don't think we trade back with the first pick. I meant take, say one of our 2nds and trade it for a first next year and our 4th and trade it for a 3rd next year. Or keep the 2nd rounders and trade a 3rd and 4th this year for a 2nd and third next year.

We don't need many impact players this year so why not look to the future. Its just smart business and self preservation.

I think that too

But this is suppose to be "the draft"
Last year, I believe we traded up because that class was not as deep. I think this year, the strategy will be to stay put. Just a guess
Would depend on how far to move back and what we got in return.

I keep hearing on NFL network, Espn and reading that this is the deepest draft in 10 or so years.

If that's truly the case then I wouldn't mind trading back to the 4th-5th spot in second round and picking up a 3rd next year.