LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Our guard for the future??? (Brandon Thomas torn ACL)...

Go for Long and Thomas with late round picks. One of them is bound to good.
How dose Thomas compare to Long another IR late round pick? ????
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Colvin in the 4th, this guy in the 5th, and Long in the 7th. 3 guys that can sit out a year.
Originally posted by pd24:
Colvin in the 4th, this guy in the 5th, and Long in the 7th. 3 guys that can sit out a year.

Add Trey Millard to this list. Day three could nearly all be infirmary picks.
Agree o Looney. I'm really hoping he can step in. Haven't seen enough of him to give a fair opinion.

My draft crush is Gabe Jackson 6'4" 330 Mississippi State. If we don't get him picking up Thomas and stashing him for a this season would be an excellent late round pick. And then have him compete in Training Camp the following season.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
First thing I think of now when I see torn ACL is "welcome to the 49ers".

straight to redshirt status.
[ Edited by Negrodamus on Apr 7, 2014 at 4:30 PM ]
The land of misfit toys. Or in the 49ers case, broken toys. I hope these guys eventually pan out. You all know about the window? Right?
I saw him as a 3rd-4th rounder before this..............now a 7th round comp pick.
Originally posted by pd24:

There's absolutely no logic to Thomas going before Long. Long is a better prospect overall and further along in his recovery now. Thomas is going to be a 7th round pick now.
The good news is now there is a better chance one of the two , Thomas or Long, will still be there in the 7th round. If they are both available we can take our pick.

This guy has officially replaced Dominique Easley as my favourite injured player in the draft (unless you count minor injuries like Verrett's & Tuitt's).
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:
The land of misfit toys. Or in the 49ers case, broken toys. I hope these guys eventually pan out. You all know about the window? Right?

I don't know if any window closes as long as you have an elite pass rusher like Aldon and a Qb like Kaep. Having said that, the bay area is home to some of the more exotic healing potions and magical spells of any city. I don't think there is any place better at rebuilding bodies than here with UCSF and Stanford Medical.
I say we get Thomas and Easley. They can replace TJE/Dobbs and Snyder when they are free agents next year.
People say we have too many picks. I say we don't have ENOUGH picks.

I want see us trade down, get better picks for next year, and zombie the hell out of this draft. There is no roster limit for the PUP squad.
Originally posted by HALCIONDAZE:

Elite franchises don't have windows. The Browns, Raiders, Redskins etc, those are the teams that are biting their fingernails thinking about windows.
Share 49ersWebzone